Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The writer covering this theatre outing - Julia Gillard play, clearly is not au fait with footy.

Settling into their seats in the packed auditorium were thespian-artist power couple Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo, who posed for selfies with Triple J broadcaster Dee Salmin and her partner, University of Melbourne masters in international relations student Darcy Moore.

Theatregoers (from left) Darcy Moore, Asher Keddie, Dee Salmin and Vincent Fantauzzo.
May well have been au fait with footy but just could not bring themselves to mention it - esp that dreadful mob Collingwood....

Why is he so incredibly bad at handballing?

How many times this year has he missed a basic turnover ?
We are actually the worst team in the competition when it comes to handball efficiency (as in received by a teammate). Jamie Elliott is our worst offender, about 16% below league average

They are all just "role players" for Collingwood.
Moore is a massive star.

How? He is mediocre most weeks this year. Another poor game tonight. No intercept marking, and the one time he tried to provide rebound he kicked it straight to the opposition.

He is a long way behind the star KPD of the competition right now like Taylor Pierce Stewart Mckay ect

How? He is mediocre most weeks this year. Another poor game tonight. No intercept marking, and the one time he tried to provide rebound he kicked it straight to the opposition.

He is a long way behind the star KPD of the competition right now like Taylor Pierce Stewart Mckay ect
It's astonishing how far off it he is this year. Even just statistically, the averages are really ugly compared to last year - that's before we even talk about how off he looks just watching him. Just down across the board - only thing he's doing more of is spoiling...

Player rating12.810.9
Coaches votes1.90.3
Metres gained284.3236.4
Disposals15.613.4
Contested marks2.00.8
Intercept marks3.62.5
Def 1v1 loss %16.425.0
Intercept possessions8.37.5

It's astonishing how far off it he is this year. Even just statistically, the averages are really ugly compared to last year - that's before we even talk about how off he looks just watching him. Just down across the board - only thing he's doing more of is spoiling...

Player rating12.810.9
Coaches votes1.90.3
Metres gained284.3236.4
Disposals15.613.4
Contested marks2.00.8
Intercept marks3.62.5
Def 1v1 loss %16.425.0
Intercept possessions8.37.5
He’s having to defend more 1v1 contests with Murphy gone.

Needs a role change.

I’d play him as a ruck / rover.

Needs a role change.

I just think he's spread too thin without Murphy. Seems caught in two minds and three places.

I would be tempted to move him. Unsure where - theoretically, he could do anything from CHF to a Nick Riewold-type wing

I just think he's spread too thin without Murphy. Seems caught in two minds and three places.

I would be tempted to move him. Unsure where - theoretically, he could do anything from CHF to a Nick Riewold-type wing
We’re not winning the flag with the current system.

Bring Dean in and move Moore up the ground and into the play.

Could be a game changer.

Maybe we could try him as a forward/ruck. We need a better follower in the ruck. Cameron is too flat footed and doesn't provide any follow-up work. Cameron will get pantsed next week against essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask him to go back to basics and man up. Who knows what might come of that radical plan.
This.

The best key backs in the game at the moment (Andrews, Taylor, Weitering), are ones who beat their man, and intercept / in contested marking situations against them.

The opposition know they can just funnel the ball through Moore's man, and he's kicking bags.

Liam Jones can keep Larkey goalless but Moore can’t even control him. Just saying.

Needs a role change.

There's no doubt that he relied more and more on Murphy.

I'm not sure he wants to play footy anymore, jmac. He's lost confidence, but he just doesn't seem to care that much.

Ask him to go back to basics and man up. Who knows what might come of that radical plan.
Yep great plan.

He should just say to the coaches “stuff your game plan I’m just playing on my man”. Great stuff.

He’s not playing to please knuckleheads on BF or for himself.

I don’t know how many times the way we set up in the backline has to be explained. Have you not watched our last 3 years under Fly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back