Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

may have to swing him forward if this form continues ..the problem as I articulated yesterday is that the key position tall stocks are limited ..and Essendon will have seen this weakness and will load up weather permitting with draper jones wright and caddy this week..howe might have to go back and darcy forward ..darcys ability and form so far this year as a defender I believe has reached a tipping point of either VFL or forward if he can't perform as key back

may have to swing him forward if this form continues ..the problem as I articulated yesterday is that the key position tall stocks are limited ..and Essendon will have seen this weakness and will load up weather permitting with draper jones wright and caddy this week..howe might have to go back and darcy forward ..darcys ability and form so far this year as a defender I believe has reached a tipping point of either VFL or forward if he can't perform as key back
Please give it a rest. You’ve made your view very clear.

The coach is backing him in. That’s all that matters.

You want to disrupt the defence even more?

How about just some consistency down there? That might help more.

Frampton has had to go forward to ruck because Checkers has been out. Howe has had to go forward at times due to lack of forwards.

Having our 3 talls (Moore, Bill, Dean) down there consistently to build some synergy, connection & confidence might be more beneficial ??

so you've decided you've had enough ... Tell the other members of the darcy protection society to all calm down and take the emotion out of things and look at things objectively

You want to disrupt the defence even more?

How about just some consistency down there? That might help more.

Frampton has had to go forward to ruck because Checkers has been out. Howe has had to go forward at times due to lack of forwards.

Having our 3 talls (Moore, Bill, Dean) down there consistently to build some synergy, connection & confidence might be more beneficial ??
I just don't want more forwards kicking four in a quarter on him or frampton having to pick up the best forward because fly is scared of what will happen

You're worried about essendon going tall yet you want to replace our tallest defender with Howe. I think you're just stirring up a load of shit. Give it a rest, it's irrational

so you've decided you've had enough ... Tell the other members of the darcy protection society to all calm down and take the emotion out of things and look at things objectively

"We want Darcy at his best. He's clearly not playing at a level where he has previously - last year he was an All-Australian and he's not in All-Australian form.

But we back him in, support him and look for little ways we can improve him. We're not gonna stand still because we need him to be at his best. There's a list of things we can work on but ultimately it's about setting him up.

He's the captain of our footy club and he's such an important part of our backline.”

Craig McRae - 3rd July 2024

End of conversation.

I just don't want more forwards kicking four in a quarter on him or frampton having to pick up the best forward because fly is scared of what will happen
Which is why I suggested that having consistency & building synergy between our defenders could be more beneficial.

We are finally in a position where we don't need a defender to ruck in the forward line.. we can go back to having our 3 tall defenders back there. This was working when they all played together.

"We want Darcy at his best. He's clearly not playing at a level where he has previously - last year he was an All-Australian and he's not in All-Australian form.

But we back him in, support him and look for little ways we can improve him. We're not gonna stand still because we need him to be at his best. There's a list of things we can work on but ultimately it's about setting him up.

He's the captain of our footy club and he's such an important part of our backline.”

Craig McRae - 3rd July 2024

End of conversation.
that's fine and I admire flys loyalty and backing him in but it will reach tipping point if this goes on

Good to see the media are weeks behind as usual.

I took Flys comments to mean that Darcy is maybe too much in a bubble and needs to maybe get with the program. As a general overall vibe. Reminds me s bit of Grundy tbh.

Hopefully the outcome is an improved performance as without him, it will be much harder to go back to back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's fine and I admire flys loyalty and backing him in but it will reach tipping point if this goes on

It won't reach a tipping point because he has absolutely no chance of being dropped. Like zero chance. We will just not make finals/be kicked out early. We live and die by Darcy Moore. There isn't another player in the league with his same athletic ability and leadership, let alone one on our list in the VFL.

It won't reach a tipping point because he has absolutely no chance of being dropped. Like zero chance. We will just not make finals/be kicked out early. We live and die by Darcy Moore. There isn't another player in the league with his same athletic ability and leadership, let alone one on our list in the VFL.
Guaranteed a game no matter how bad ?

I said for the 100 th time that if his form continues like this that some of the options include vfl or possibly swing him forward
If it continues !!!!

So no matter how poorly he plays he stays where he is
That definitely won’t happen

If he was playing as poorly as you keep claiming he’d already be playing VFL trying to find form. Reality is that he’s not performing at his 2023 standard, but nowhere near as bad as you keep suggesting. Not going anywhere, get over it.

I said for the 100 th time that if his form continues like this that some of the options include vfl or possibly swing him forward
If it continues !!!!
I don't mind swinging him forward but I bet my left testicle that he won't be dropped. Actually, I'd like to play him forward just so you can see how bad our defence would be

I really hope he fires up and dominates tomorrow
Because we don’t have much else to come in
Maybe some of the heat and attention will help turn things around

The coach made it clear yesterday that they will back him in as he is an important part of the backline.

He’s not being swung forward.

He’s not being dropped.

The end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back