Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

He does spoil and that is the problem. We would be better off if he marked. 10 spoils tonight which extends his lead as #1 spoiler in the league. But you don't get big contracts just to spoil.

i think you'll find that he probably attempts more spoils than anyone else. He did make some good ones tonight but often he gets outmuscled and pushed aside. I've no doubt that he is lacking confidence and that results in being less dynamic, but i just dont see any urgency in him.

I have no insight but he looks like he has won his premiership for his old man and he had a heap of pressure on him last year and he responded with all those fake smiles and the result is that he's had enough. I just hope he rediscovers his love of footy.....but i have no insight just guessing.

No but some fans think that he’s untouchable because he’s captain.

‘Above the law’.
No one is above the law. Darcy played a poor game, as did most of the team.
Darcy seems to get most of the blame for a putrid team performance.

Is that fair?

I can’t think of too many players who won their position.

Howe being available is the key to a possible move of Moore forward IMO.

We need his experience and intercept ability to play the role Moore excelled in last season. Dean and Frampton to support.

Personally I actually think Moore as a forward/ruck is more enticing than purely a forward.

Not gonna lie I love the romance of it given the bloodline and on paper at least he could make an excellent follower and provide a marking target up forward and down the line which we need.

Does he want it enough however to have a crack at it?

I never thought I'd get on board the move of Moore forward but given his form and with our season almost done I don't see much downside.

Free him from the defensive responsibility and see if it can free him up in the process.

His athletic gifts are currently being wasted.

How did he forget how to mark?

How did he forget how to provide good rebound?

All he does it run around and punch a few balls, get caught out of position... when he does get the ball he just kicks it 50 metres sideways every single time. Looks like he's just going through the motions.

He simply cannot be called a star anymore, he's just an okay KPD... It's been that way since late 2023.

Look at the impact star KPD like May Lever Pearce Mckay Tom Stewart Sam Taylor ect have for their teams and compare it to Moore.

How did he forget how to mark?

How did he forget how to provide good rebound?

All he does it run around and punch a few balls, get caught out of position... when he does get the ball he just kicks it 50 metres sideways every single time. Looks like he's just going through the motions.

He simply cannot be called a star anymore, he's just an okay KPD... It's been that way since late 2023.

Look at the impact star KPD like May Lever Pearce Mckay Tom Stewart Sam Taylor ect have for their teams and compare it to Moore.
Correlation or causation that his form has plummeted as his media profile has sky rocketed?

Is that fair?

It isn't fair, I'm not blaming Darcy for tonight.

My issue is Darcy has been terrible all year, giving him these type of outs are frustrating.

This isn't a 4 week form slump it's all season.

Is that fair?

When you are the captain - yes it's fair.

Who is in the actual coaches box on match day?

Is that fair?

He’s been poor all season.

He isnt the reason we lost, he is indicative of 2024 for the Pies. Out of form, lost the spark.

My issue is Darcy has been terrible all year, giving him these type of outs are frustrating.

Yep.

Intercept marking gone
Rebounding gone
Loose checking on opponents
Unforced errors/turnovers resulting in goals

He’s not alone but has there been a bigger drop off in form?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it but I think our captain cracks under weight of expectation.

Just as we had to move him out of the forward line because he couldn't handle being our next decade key forward saviour, it's time we moved him out of the backline back forward so he's not expected to be the AA CHB anymore.

Hate to say it but I think our captain cracks under weight of expectation.

Just as we had to move him out of the forward line because he couldn't handle being our next decade key forward saviour, it's time we moved him out of the backline back forward so he's not expected to be the AA CHB anymore.
Not much left - wing or midfield?

Our forward line ain’t the issue. even with all
The outs we scored at a better rate than the cats.
Midfield is the biggest issue we have. With them losing the battle every week now, forwards aren’t getting much of a look and defence is under immense pressure from repeat entries.

We need to find some assistance for Moore in the off season through trade or free agency.
Moore has looked just absent of all confidence. He won’t mark the ball, and at times is caught just ball watching.
Geelongs second goal to Neale, Moore is just standing in no mans land, watching the ball whilst a big key Geelong forward is standing behind him alone, ball spills to him and he just waltzes into an open goal. That told me straight away that Moore wasn't switched on again, and that was in the first minute of the game.
The downfall in his performance is alarming. I'm not sure if it's all the Murphy absence or because he is trying to cover for Murphy and Howe, plus play his role. Is it injury or is he just not enjoying footy at the moment?
He is playing like a guy who wants the season to end quick. Nothing going right team wise, his own form is poor, and it has obviously weighed him down alot.
Maybe a Jiath or an Eyre, can have big pre seasons and become that support in 2025, or Dean just really works hard on his craft in the off season and becomes an excellent intercept/lock down defender in '25. Or do we have to really work hard and try and get a Battle or Barrass and convince them to come over?....
Personally to me it looks like the season is a huge grind for Moore. He looks basically tired to me. Maybe the coaches have asked too much of him this season and it's taken its toll. All l can see is that he isn't a happy footballer, right now.

Our forward line ain’t the issue. even with all
The outs we scored at a better rate than the cats.

The problem is we aren't kicking big scores. Only 71 points last night, and only once over 100 points in the last 6 or so weeks.
So we kick 80 points but we are then wanting to restrict the opposition to 75 points, and that isn't happening with the amount of uncontested ball the oppo gets, repeat F50 entries, and those combined we are not restricting teams to a lower score than us.
The whole game plan is out of whack, and when our midfield gets uncompetitive, the match becomes a lost cause.

He needs to go forward because it’s not working in defence where he’s a liability ..

He needs to play on a player worry about getting on top in a 1v1 then work off the way Darcy is playing ATM is reckless he's neither on a player or impacting the contest, make it simple start on a player and work off him

Because the system involves the whole team .. if the mids & other players aren't playing to the system, it all falls apart.

It's funny that you pull out this example as it is the ultimate example of the system being largely at fault.

There was no pressure from us in that quarter and then multiple turnovers in the midfield when we did get our hands on it.

3 of the 4 goals that Larkey kicked were almost impossible to stop as they were from upfield turnovers that left acres of space. There was only one goal that Moore could have potentially stopped and that was the one that Larkey marked on the goal line when the post got in the way. Jesus Christ, Buddha and Mohammed combined would have stopped the other 3.

Still the system?

Shut up mate. Fly has not lost faith in him.
Just spewing crapola.
You're an idjut.
If he hasn’t he should be .. leaving Quaynor to be thrown to the wolves because we can’t have Moore on Cameron ???
Macrae has been playing frampton and now Quaynor on oppositions best forward since the Larkey disaster.. they are losing faith and so are supporters

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back