Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore, IQ and Oleg all seem to be playing without any intensity or commitment. From the cheap seats it looks a lot like players believing their own hype and expecting it to come easy for them.

I just can't accept that from the captain. He gets a lot of praise for his captaincy but imo much of it is due to his public speaking.

I would much rather see N Daicos, Maynard or Pendlebury Captain.

* We really miss Murphy and his dedicated defending, the whole system appears to have collapsed without him.

Last edited:

Still the system?
How many goals were kicked on him last night? I want you to name them.

You and some other nuffies here imagine that Darcy decides each week who he plays on. Or that he’s being hidden. That’s all in your imagination.

You don’t understand the system. Darcy is placed about 25m out from the goal line and he generally has responsibility for the tall that plays in his area. It’s an attacking position and is the basis of the aggressive nature of our defensive structure.

He sometimes gets a more direct match up like when we play Carlton and he gets Curnow. Most of the time though he’s played in an aggressive position.

He’s not getting that defensive back up, particularly with the loss of Murphy. That’s restricted his offensive game to the point where his confidence is at an all time low.

So, he didn’t get a bag of goals kicked on him last night, but his offensive game of intercept marks and rebound has dropped right away. As nearly every poster including me has acknowledged, he is down on form.

But at the heart of it, our problems are still system based. Posters are blaming him for our system in regard to his positioning when that’s 100% a coaching issue. It may be that his form doesn’t warrant playing in that position but he’s still being asked to play it.

I’ll just finish off by saying how sad it is to have posters show such glee in blaming him for our current predicament and make pathetic comments about him being woke, the way he dresses, being intelligent and worst of all bagging his girlfriend.

You and some other nuffies here imagine that Darcy decides each week who he plays on. Or that he’s being hidden. That’s all in your imagination.

You don’t understand the system. Darcy is placed about 25m out from the goal line and he generally has responsibility for the tall that plays in his area. It’s an attacking position and is the basis of the aggressive nature of our defensive structure.

He sometimes gets a more direct match up like when we play Carlton and he gets Curnow. Most of the time though he’s played in an aggressive position.

He’s not getting that defensive back up, particularly with the loss of Murphy. That’s restricted his offensive game to the point where his confidence is at an all time low.

So, he didn’t get a bag of goals kicked on him last night, but his offensive game of intercept marks and rebound has dropped right away. As nearly every poster including me has acknowledged, he is down on form.

But at the heart of it, our problems are still system based. Posters are blaming him for our system in regard to his positioning when that’s 100% a coaching issue. It may be that his form doesn’t warrant playing in that position but he’s still being asked to play it.

I’ll just finish off by saying how sad it is to have posters show such glee in blaming him for our current predicament and make pathetic comments about him being woke, the way he dresses, being intelligent and worst of all bagging his girlfriend.
Great post.

I agree the system is responsible for much of the chaos.

But without watching the replay yet.
IIRC Both Neale goals were a direct result of DM poor defending. The Stengle ( mark and goal from the pocket) was directly due to an awful effort from Moore. And a couple of Cameron's shots at goal I'd consider DM accountable for.

I don't see how anyone can defend his performance last night. It was so poor.

IIRC Both Neale goals were a direct result of DM poor defending. The Stengle ( mark and goal from the pocket) was directly due to an awful effort from Moore. And a couple of Cameron's shots at goal I'd consider DM accountable for.

And the last one of the night for them, Stengle on his own out the back, Moore 5m in front of him.

Because the system involves the whole team .. if the mids & other players aren't playing to the system, it all falls apart.

It's funny that you pull out this example as it is the ultimate example of the system being largely at fault.

There was no pressure from us in that quarter and then multiple turnovers in the midfield when we did get our hands on it.

3 of the 4 goals that Larkey kicked were almost impossible to stop as they were from upfield turnovers that left acres of space. There was only one goal that Moore could have potentially stopped and that was the one that Larkey marked on the goal line when the post got in the way. Jesus Christ, Buddha and Mohammed combined would have stopped the other 3.

From memory 3

Neale/Neale/Stengle

It's not just about the goals,

He doesn't intercept mark, the punches don't kill the ball and he seems out of position all the time.

I haven't blamed our losses on Moore, I'm over the form and really over supporters making excuses he is captain of the club and a AA CHB.

Also I haven't said a word about what Darcy does in his personal life.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re going out on a limb blaming him for the Stengle goals and the Cameron shots. Jesus

Anyway, I’ll leave it there because the Lynch mob is out in force

And the last one of the night for them, Stengle on his own out the back, Moore 5m in front of him.
Because that’s how we position and we as a team get caught out on turnover. Do you think that Darcy was actually picking up Stengle?

Can Krueger play in defence and Darcy in the forward line?

Would love to see what Moore & McStay can do together for the remaining part of the season.

This is exactly what should happen.

Kreuger has a very defensive mindset and has played defence in the past.

Time to unleash Moore as a forward/ruck.

Btw, the second of the Neale goals Darcy was attempting to smother the Stengle pass to him and no-one rolled up and covered Neale. That’s the way we play, we roll up.

OK cool can we blame the goal to Cameron on the goal line he let slip past his fingers?

In the end of the day we won't agree on this, I'm blaming the player your blaming the system.

That's fine it's Bigfooty we are all welcome to a voice.

From memory 3

Neale/Neale/Stengle

It's not just about the goals,

He doesn't intercept mark, the punches don't kill the ball and he seems out of position all the time.

I haven't blamed our losses on Moore, I'm over the form and really over supporters making excuses he is captain of the club and an AA CHF.

Also I haven't said a word about what Darcy does in his personal life.
How sad you saved all those comments to defend yourself 🤣

"I haven't..." "I haven't..."

Can Krueger play in defence and Darcy in the forward line?

Would love to see what Moore & McStay can do together for the remaining part of the season.
We don't even need to play Kreuger in defence. Just play Howe, Dean and Frampton as our KPDs.

The argument against moving Moore forward in the past was that we would be robbing peter to pay Paul. The defence actually looks stronger without Moore there and would love to see him demand the ball as a target up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back