Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul Dear.

Garry has never had more than 4 hit outs in a match… he only had seven that season.

For the second ruck I’m keeping Dear. Dunstall and Breteton are locks, Jarman and Hall are perfect as well.

That leaves Hudson and I don’t think they will leave him out based on his name…

Garry Lyon was an absolute gun though. Who will ever forget the 10 goals in that 94 final.

I think his grade A work on AFL squadron that was on at 6:30am Saturday morning before heading off to Vickick is what has led to such a successful media career 👍

Garry has never had more than 4 hit outs in a match… he only had seven that season.

For the second ruck I’m keeping Dear. Dunstall and Breteton are locks, Jarman and Hall are perfect as well.

That leaves Hudson and I don’t think they will leave him out based on his name…

Garry Lyon was an absolute gun though. Who will ever forget the 10 goals in that 94 final.

I think his grade A work on AFL squadron that was on at 6:30am Saturday morning before heading off to Vickick is what has led to such a successful media career 👍

It was a clever question. Hairy Garry kicked 11 goals in total in 1991 and had a crap year. Hawthorn's forward line was arguably one of the strongest ever fielded. I was suitably flippant in my response. Well played. :)

'94 was his best year and he could walk into any of the 92 Eagles, '93 Bombers, & '94 Eagles sides.

He's a good TV presenter who has been in the job for decades.

Lost respect for him over his choice of life partner but that's irrelevant.

Last edited:
Adulterer? Have we slipped into bible speak?

I quite like Garry Lyon.

Anyway, back to Moore. Hoping his much improved form is indicative of a more settled backline, where the defenders have finally learnt to cover Murphy’s absence, and where Moore has stopped trying to do too much.

Keeping Curnow goalless was one of the highlights of the season.

Lazy bastard took Gazza because it was easier than Gaza

robert de niro goodfellas GIF

Why does he need the second R - greedy ****er.
His parents couldn't spell - he didn't know the difference - lived next to a marketing manager at the time who said "just make it a point of difference".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His parents couldn't spell - he didn't know the difference - lived next to a marketing manager at the time who said "just make it a point of difference".

Maybe they stuttered. Probably not socially correct.
Reminds me of one of my favourite scenes from Open All Hours when Arkwright was trying to paint a word on his shop window and had a ‘p’ up and said ‘hey Granville, how many ‘p’s in ppppppppppepper. Six or seven?

Make no mistake
Lyon was a magnificent footballer
He played in some very average demon teams and stood out
He was also excellent for Victoria numerous times with the pies Shane morwood on the other back flank for the big V
Just because he didn’t win a flag doesn’t mean he doesn’t rate as a player

Look at bucks
Maybe, but Bucks has a Rising Star, a Brownlow, a Norm Smith and a tonne of B&Fs and untold other accolades...
I personally reckon Lyon is overrated.

Not on the Lyon train. Slimy sleazy looking campaigner.
his parents may have mis-spelt his first name but the Lie-on surname sure does fit

send your supposed best mate a text msg after the 'news' has been made public then grow a beard and hide for a year ..what a fella

How does Gary Lyon get a gig? It was damning (for Lyon) that on Saturday night when the commentators had their respective achievements noted:
Johnathon Brown (Triple Premiership Player)
Jack Reiwoldt (Triple Premiership Player)
Luke Hodge (Quadruple Premiership Player)
Gary Lyon (Captain of Melbourne) (.... and adulterer)

embarressing....
It takes 2 to adulterate. Anyway, since when has a person's sex life had anything to do with their football achievements

It takes 2 to adulterate. Anyway, since when has a person's sex life had anything to do with their football achievements
There's either a direct correlation or an indirect one - varies according to the individual - could be a PhD here - "Correlation between ability to gain metres as an inside mid and mid-week nocturnal flexibility".

There's either a direct correlation or an indirect one - varies according to the individual - could be a PhD here - "Correlation between ability to gain metres as an inside mid (or take marks as CHF) and mid-week nocturnal flexibility".
definitely PhD

1722998756570.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back