VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid in the ruck has battled his heart out, he's got a future. Jiath, Parker and even Ryan today have all shown signs but again as we've been all year 3 injuries and the structure is shambled.
The mids have kept us in it with their clearances and tackling pressure all game but without forwards (and Kreugs dropping 5-6 marks already....the last one Aaron Francis let him jump alone at it knowing he'd drop it)...you can't win if you're relying on mids and defensive forwards to kick your score.

Just, ****ing, sucks!

I really wanted him back in the AFL side for tonight’s game, too. Would he have done his ACL if they had selected him???

We were really going to need HH next year as we phase out Sidey and Mitchell. Even more important now for Allan and Di Mattia to make the jump to seniors.

I’m devo about this news as much as over Murphy’s forced retirement. 2024 can just get in the bin as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really wanted him back in the AFL side for tonight’s game, too. Would he have done his ACL if they had selected him???

We were really going to need HH next year as we phase out Sidey and Mitchell. Even more important now for Allan and Di Mattia to make the jump to seniors.

I’m devo about this news as much as over Murphy’s forced retirement. 2024 can just get in the bin as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
has ACL been confirmed?

The kid in the ruck has battled his heart out, he's got a future.

He did OK.

He will need to learn how to use his size more to impact marking contests. He doesn’t need to mark the footy, he just needs to bring it to ground. Several times he got bustled out by the Swans players and didn’t make a contest (to the visible frustration of his team-mates)

Kruger been useless today

Shows the lack of KPP we have

To be fair, there was a lot of ball going his way. We probably should have mixed it up a bit more, especially with Johnson in the forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the boys played fairly well. But we were hampered by those injuries.

Ryan. Fin. Allan. Harry. Sullivan. TJ played well.

Injuries in 1st Half game us no Chance in 2nd Half of Winning

Had some real Duds today like Crocker and Kreuger

Like the look of Boston Dowling - Looks a Draftable Prospect

Thought he was good too. One of the few youngsters that had obvious AFL level moments IMO - just needs the tank to be able to show it more frequently, as I think that’s clearly what’s holding him back from taking the next step right now.
And you could see him using his burst of pace today.

And you could see him using his burst of pace today.
Yeah his burst pace and fend-off is exciting and screams AFL - we know he’s got a leap and is good overhead. You also saw today where he needs to gain ground I.e. That possession chain where he was involved multiple times transitioning the ball showed both those elite traits as well as him being so gassed he shanked it at the end. When he’s able to run out that play strongly he’ll be ready IMO.

He’s the one youngster I’d be really unhappy to lose, and it seems like it might be 50/50.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back