VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

He did OK.

He will need to learn how to use his size more to impact marking contests. He doesn’t need to mark the footy, he just needs to bring it to ground. Several times he got bustled out by the Swans players and didn’t make a contest (to the visible frustration of his team-mates)

Might have been because he weighs about 15-20kgs less than the MEN he was playing against?

Might have been because he weighs about 15-20kgs less than the MEN he was playing against?
Only played a couple games this year. Spent a good portion of the time with a back stress fracture until midway through the year, played a couple chargers games, then a game in VAFA, then debut. Think he did pretty well considering.
Thought it was quite promising.

There was a bit more to it than that - there’s a difference between trying to mark the footy and trying to impact the contest.

If you’re trying to mark the footy you can get boxed out and not even get into a position of putting the hands up.

If you’re trying to impact the contest then it’s about bashing and crashing at the fall of the footy. If you’re 15 - 20 kg’s lighter than your opponents and pinball off them in the process then at least you’ve done something.

Not criticising. Just analysing. He’s young and he’ll learn from it.

Macrae: 29 disposals, 4 tackles, 7 clearances, 7 inside 50's, 7 score involvements, 14 contested possessions
Sullivan: 26 disposals, 4 clearances, 5 tackles, 4 inside 50's, 5 intercepts
DeMattia: 23 disposals, 1 goal, 4 clearances, 5 marks, 7 tackles, 6 score involvements
Allan: 23 disposals, 8 tackles, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50's
Ryan: 21 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 7 intercepts
Parker: 19 disposals, 10 marks, 5 inside 50's, 9 intercepts,
Jaith : 19 disposals, 3 tackles, 7 intercepts
Dean: 19 disposals, 5 marks, 4 score involvements, 8 intercepts
Reef: 17 disposals, 4 clearances, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 6 inside 50's
Markov: 14 disposals, 5 marks, 8 intercepts, 4 score involvements
Johnson: 8 disposals, 2 goals, 3 marks, 2 score involvements
Kreuger: 7 disposals, 3 hitouts, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements
Eyre: 3 disposals,
Harrison. No stats.

Look what happens when he plays in the guts?

You got to wonder, in the VFL he ( Reef ) starts forward most of the year, midfield struggles so he gets thrown on the ball and he makes a difference, now the last few weeks he is starting back, we struggle in the midfield, throw him on the ball and he looks dangerous again

Just start him the centre for the love of god, see what he can do. We have one week left of VFL?

Starting centre bounce next week
Smit, Reef, Allan and MaCrae

Make it happen

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was it, not a knee I hope. Heard he limped from ground in 1st qtr
Nobody knows.
Happened very early.
A leg issue, limped off the ground with help. Went into the rooms never to be seen again for the rest of the game

People said here it looked like an ACL
I missed it, as my connection was shitty at the time

Nobody knows.
Happened very early.
A leg issue, limped off the ground with help. Went into the rooms never to be seen again for the rest of the game

People said here it looked like an ACL
I missed it, as my connection was shitty at the time

Hope not for his and the clubs sake re ACL
heard he was down on the ground for a long time and finally helped off the ground . Hoping it’s nothing too serious

Good to see Allan backup his last game with another solid performance today
Certainly looks a better player in the mid field rather than the wing

Last edited:
I didn't watch it, but must have been a tough week for highlights.
I watched it. Couple of hack turnover kicks from stoppage. I wouldn’t call it highlights. Would have thought they’d put together a better package

I was hoping for some speed and break from stoppage. Hack kicks out of
Stoppages won’t cut it in the seniors (unless it’s raining)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back