Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to not be getting much attention but I thought Moore was fantastic. One of the best games I've seen from a key defender in a long time.

Darcy was sensational yesterday. He was the best defender on the ground by miles.

Darcy was sensational yesterday. He was the best defender on the ground by miles.
His one on one work against Hawkins was fantastic. I think it was his best game for the club. Oozed confidence and stability in the heat of a really high pressure game.

Seems to not be getting much attention but I thought Moore was fantastic. One of the best games I've seen from a key defender in a long time.

Collingwood’s Best on Ground for sure yesterday. Absolutely sensational. Not sure who made the decision to move him forward in the dying minutes but it possibly cost us the game.

Collingwood’s Best on Ground for sure yesterday. Absolutely sensational. Not sure who made the decision to move him forward in the dying minutes but it possibly cost us the game.
Toss of the coin. We went for the win as Fly said. We have played that way all year.

His one on one work against Hawkins was fantastic. I think it was his best game for the club. Oozed confidence and stability in the heat of a really high pressure game.

Was going to write about how much he dominated Hawkins. :) It was beautiful to see. Different level athletes. At one point I thought Hawkins was going to throw up. Ran him off his feet.

The problem was always going to be Cameron. If only we could clone Darcy or add 10 cm and 10 kg to Howe.

Krueger coming in, Tay out meant we had to reshuffle our big man cards.

We went for the win and missed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Was going to write about how much he dominated Hawkins. :) It was beautiful to see. Different level athletes. At one point I thought Hawkins was going to throw up. Ran him off his feet.

The problem was always going to be Cameron. If only we could clone Darcy or add 10 cm and 10 kg to Howe.
Poor Howe. He has had to play tall for the past few seasons. He has done a great job for most of it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had Hawkins in his back pocket the entire game. Darcy's run in the back half of the season has been very strong, but that was next level. Lobb, Amiss & Logue aren't quite as frightening.
I still find it a bit baffling that Weitering who missed 4 and a bit games and was ordinary in the back part of the season was in the AA squad before him.

I still find it a bit baffling that Weitering who missed 4 and a bit games and was ordinary in the back part of the season was in the AA squad before him.
Both Moore and Sicily were miles better than Weitering. Yet another shocking AA decision

Beginning of last year, when there was discussion about who'll replace Pendles as Skipper, I was putting my vote behind Tay, but the growth and maturity of Darcy this past season has been enormous and I am now convinced that he will take over the reigns when Pendles calls time on his Captaincy.

Beginning of last year, when there was discussion about who'll replace Pendles as Skipper, I was putting my vote behind Tay, but the growth and maturity of Darcy this past season has been enormous and I am now convinced that he will take over the reigns when Pendles calls time on his Captaincy.
I agree.
Darcy is erudite, well spoken and has leadership qualities, but most importantly is a great footy player.
Tay might have his career shortened by injury the way things are going.
The other possible candidate would be Bruzzy - he leads in a different, but equally valid and valuable way.

Adams is missing too often with injury. I think Moore or Maynard.

The only thing with Darcy, is that I wish he'd get a decent haircut!
This should probably be in the Whipping boy thread. :D

I think Moore with Maynard as vice captain.

I agree. Moore is well spoken; an ideal frontman to have in front of the microphones, and Bruzzy gets the recognition he deserves for embodying the values the club identifies with.

Both amazing athletes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back