Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hampton the guy that king hit somebody really bad years back? Im talking like 15 years ago behind play? Im thinking of the guy who played full forward for Deloraine then, big tank with tatts all over him. If it is, as a kid I thought he was old then. I would of thought he would be well and truely past 40. Probably different guy though[/quot

Think it might have been Charlie Challis you are thinking of ?.

That was Charlie. Charlie could really play too....
Or could have been his brother. Can't think of his name off the top but he was a real knucklehead, spent a fair bit of time breaking rocks:rolleyes:

Tony Barron

Ah yes Tony Barron. Played against him when he played at Rocherlea and also at Ringarooma. Very big man, but little skill. Must admit he didn't get overtly aggressive when i played against him, but some stories you hear are frightening.

Moldy says that he cant recall king hitting anyone, but did jump on the Smithton bus when they were bagging him out from behind the goals, when he was about 17

Can't recall Moldy being a bloke who would ever do that type of stuff. We're the same age and played against each other quite a few times. He did give me a forearm jolt playing in the unders Deloraine v Scottsdale around that time, but he was pretty fair if i recall. When he went to Lilydale and started getting on the weights (and gear) with big Ronny Duncan he became far more menacing, but all he really had to do was run through you to make a point!

Is Hampton the guy that king hit somebody really bad years back? Im talking like 15 years ago behind play? Im thinking of the guy who played full forward for Deloraine then, big tank with tatts all over him. If it is, as a kid I thought he was old then. I would of thought he would be well and truely past 40. Probably different guy though[/quot

Think it might have been Charlie Challis you are thinking of ?.

Thats the one. Wasnt he a fruit-cake:D

Their whole Reserves team is , that is why they have one 5 in a row !Norto struggles to play ones because of their depth with Simon Davis, Brad Davis, Damien Milne, blokes like that in fron t of him in the ruckman pecking order:) Damien Clark as well

Brad Davis done **** all for South:thumbsdown:, Simon Davis has played for 2 years:confused:, Clarkey is a good tap ruckmen when fit:thumbsu: and Damien Milne is a true legend but NOT a ruckmens arseh*le more a running Forward:)

Dogs are spruiking that they have signed another NTFL player, who won his clubs best and fairest this year, any one know who?

I was talking to garry newton last week and he said they have signed up nick gregson who played for east dev seniors this year and steve williams who played seniors for latrobe this year aswell as the other players from the nwfa dont no any names. He said they had 24 players on the training track mon and wed night.

No wonder they havent got any money CHALKY took what they had left this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are spruiking that they have signed another NTFL player, who won his clubs best and fairest this year, any one know who?

I was talking to garry newton last week and he said they have signed up nick gregson who played for east dev seniors this year and steve williams who played seniors for latrobe this year aswell as the other players from the nwfa dont no any names. He said they had 24 players on the training track mon and wed night.

Good for the comp if the Dogs get more on the track.Good appointment it seems with Hamilton as he will bring some "outside" players to the Dogs and will back them in especially as they are travelling.This will put pressure on some of the Dogs players that may have taken their game for "granted".Williams has come through the Mariners program and will give the Dogs a ruckman which they lacked last year due to Big Canny going to penguin which will help their on ballers out massively.Dunno how Chalky took all their money when they already owed 19 gees around the town which by the way has mostly been paid off thanks to Big Gazz, Nigel Medwin, Hot Rod , Grub and a couple of other hard working and committed members.Will be a good comp if Yeoman and the Dogs become more competitive on field:thumbsu:

About time people stopped sniping at chalker if he had not put his hand up this year,maybe the dogs would be dead in 2011:thumbsdown:

About time people stopped sniping at chalker if he had not put his hand up this year,maybe the dogs would be dead in 2011:thumbsdown:

no one is sniping chalky dishlicka well not in the dogs den he did a good job last year but the committee has done a great job the dogs will have a better year on and off the ground but we will see how far they can improve :thumbsu:

no one is sniping chalky dishlicka well not in the dogs den he did a good job last year but the committee has done a great job the dogs will have a better year on and off the ground but we will see how far they can improve :thumbsu:

Chalky hopefully will play with the dogs in 2011 he did a good job Cuprona had no respect on or off the field he bought that back to a proud club who by the way turns 90 in 2011.
The committee has worked hard off the field and the rewards will come Jason Hamilton has bought new ideas and new values in a short period of time he was more than happy to sign for 2 years and the players they have recruited are quailty players blended with the youth Chalky bleed this year in Jai Wells Kyron Riley, Shannon Conroy Jesse Cruse, Daniel Frazer-Hazelwood etc and the Dogs are set to climb up the ladder no one is talking flags but they will not be easy beats anymore.

She has been a bit quiet on here over th chrissy period. Surely we have some rumours after plenty of drinking and partying into the new year????

Hi Guys,

This is very off track the club I am involved with over in Melbourne wwill be looking for a Senior coach amd assistant coaches & players for season 2011/12. The Club is loacated in Hampton east which is about 25 min from the city the club will offer assistance with employment opertunities and accomodation.

Moorabbin West Cricket Club Senior Coach & Assistant Coach + Players Applications are sought for the position of senior coach, playing or non playing.

Moorabbin West is seeking a coach to assist with their goal to move back into the Longmuir grade of the CMCA competition. The club has four senior teams ranging from Woolnough to D grade to F grade and our development team in I grade. We have won the runners up pennant for the previous three seasons in Woolnough and wish to get past the final hurdle to return to the top grade, Longmuir. Our third XI has also had recent success of the I grade flag in 2007/08 and the G grade flag in 2008/09.

The successful applicant should possess the following characteristics:
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Good communication skills
- Flexible nature
- Strong will to succeed
- Team attributes
- Willingness to work with the committee in achieving goals

Applications close 29th April, 2011.
Applicants should contact

Vice President
Brent Shaw
email: bshawry1981@gmail.com

Hi Guys,

This is very off track the club I am involved with over in Melbourne wwill be looking for a Senior coach amd assistant coaches & players for season 2011/12. The Club is loacated in Hampton east which is about 25 min from the city the club will offer assistance with employment opertunities and accomodation.

Moorabbin West Cricket Club Senior Coach & Assistant Coach + Players Applications are sought for the position of senior coach, playing or non playing.

Moorabbin West is seeking a coach to assist with their goal to move back into the Longmuir grade of the CMCA competition. The club has four senior teams ranging from Woolnough to D grade to F grade and our development team in I grade. We have won the runners up pennant for the previous three seasons in Woolnough and wish to get past the final hurdle to return to the top grade, Longmuir. Our third XI has also had recent success of the I grade flag in 2007/08 and the G grade flag in 2008/09.

The successful applicant should possess the following characteristics:
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of the game
- Good communication skills
- Flexible nature
- Strong will to succeed
- Team attributes
- Willingness to work with the committee in achieving goals

Applications close 29th April, 2011.
Applicants should contact

Vice President
Brent Shaw
email: bshawry1981@gmail.com