Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the season draws closer and their is one team to me that no one really knows alot about and thats yolla i read on another forum they lost to roseberry down their by 40 points but everyone might not of went down...anyway who have these guys actually recruited ive heeard of ralston from smithton and jenkins and toey baker from wynyard but who else do they have??? leaving it a bit late if they havent really got anyone else

well the season draws closer and their is one team to me that no one really knows alot about and thats yolla i read on another forum they lost to roseberry down their by 40 points but everyone might not of went down...anyway who have these guys actually recruited ive heeard of ralston from smithton and jenkins and toey baker from wynyard but who else do they have??? leaving it a bit late if they havent really got anyone else
They will be there abouts don't worry bout that. Both Toey and Jenk are good players. They will still be top 3 no risk!

They will be there abouts don't worry bout that. Both Toey and Jenk are good players. They will still be top 3 no risk!
No doubting this their best "recruit" may be Wildman as Coach-am led to believe that they will be extremely fit and unlike last year where players 14-21 tailed away slightly, this year they will have more depth.They will be the only side that will push South I think, by the way, will South be a bit tall and maybe top heavy ?Toey could not be caught a couple of years ago under Ox and Jenk has plenty of experience, the Demons are very hard to beat at Yolla

I'm led to believe they have recruited alot of youth,and was told about 10 senior players did not go to rosebery.:D

heard on the grapevine ridgley strugging for numbers and queeny only gettting five or six to training anyone know more

heard on the grapevine ridgley strugging for numbers and queeny only gettting five or six to training anyone know more
Presidents meeting last night and one one the agenda was lack of numbers, Dogs only 14 Tuesday including Chalky, they have lost 25 from last year and will struggle to fill 2 sides, are they better off not having the twos this year so people are not ringing around every week ?

Presidents meeting last night and one one the agenda was lack of numbers, Dogs only 14 Tuesday including Chalky, they have lost 25 from last year and will struggle to fill 2 sides, are they better off not having the twos this year so people are not ringing around every week ?
bit early to give up yet moocher the dogs need to be proactive and their coach needs to earn his money and find some players go to the paper ring past players whatever it takes myalla tried to survive with one side and it did not work. time for chalky to show his worth:thumbsu:

This was always going to happen as players won't stay long if the coach cant even turn up :confused:

Not all chalkys fault, heard he told them this is how it was going to be, somebody making decisions at that club with the appointment and pay 10k for it has to take responsibility also. i really hope im wrong but the dogs are in big trouble imo.

Piss poor if this is going to happen, hello welcome to coaching a part of it is ringing around every week, easy way out Cuprona if you drop the twos. Double up and get flogged each week, we here on this forum they want respect back well it starts by fielding two sides when times are tough. Coaches should worry about the players, not what is happening off the field if they want to worry about that, they should become president.

This was always going to happen as players won't stay long if the coach cant even turn up :confused:

Not all chalkys fault, heard he told them this is how it was going to be, somebody making decisions at that club with the appointment and pay 10k for it has to take responsibility also. i really hope im wrong but the dogs are in big trouble imo.

yeah i agree the committee need a good hard look at themselves if they agreed to them terms but i also heard Chalky said he could bring 5 or 6 from somerset has he, i believe not talking to lasty.

yeah i agree the committee need a good hard look at themselves if they agreed to them terms but i also heard Chalky said he could bring 5 or 6 from somerset has he, i believe not talking to lasty.
I can say for a fact that Chalky was never going to bring anyone from Somerset, why would they leave, good club , committee and will play finals, he spoke to Nathan Hay who has always been underpaid for the work he does off and on field and Adam Radford as he sold him a house if you want to participate on this forum get your facts right

Piss poor if this is going to happen, hello welcome to coaching a part of it is ringing around every week, easy way out Cuprona if you drop the twos. Double up and get flogged each week, we here on this forum they want respect back well it starts by fielding two sides when times are tough. Coaches should worry about the players, not what is happening off the field if they want to worry about that, they should become president.
Maybe the deal with Chalky was a fair bit to do with some off field stuff as well, if players are not required because of discipline, suspension and not willing to participate in off field activities so be it but at least Cuprona are being up front with their situation unlike a couple of other clubs that are struggling as well yet said it was hunky dory at the meeting.It was allright last year when the opposition would win games against the Dogs and blokes would get cheap kicks against not great opposition, have aloook at the books and win-loss ratio across the board for the last couple of years and see where the Dogs were at, dont slang the committee and Chalky because if they had not taken the job on whether it be one, two or no sides the doors would be shut already, what about the players tht do not want to play under Chalky, if they do not want structure , game plan s, team rules, sign a Code of Conduct and put something back in, good luck to them .The player pool all round is thiniing ie no Dockers Reserves, all across the board , yes ok to double up occassionally just a bit hard to reward those blokes when having to pay debts off left by people in the previous administration at Heybridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe the deal with chalky was a fair bit to do with some off field stuff as well, if players are not required because of discipline, suspension and not willing to participate in off field activities so be it but at least cuprona are being up front with their situation unlike a couple of other clubs that are struggling as well yet said it was hunky dory at the meeting.it was allright last year when the opposition would win games against the dogs and blokes would get cheap kicks against not great opposition, have aloook at the books and win-loss ratio across the board for the last couple of years and see where the dogs were at, dont slang the committee and chalky because if they had not taken the job on whether it be one, two or no sides the doors would be shut already, what about the players tht do not want to play under chalky, if they do not want structure , game plan s, team rules, sign a code of conduct and put something back in, good luck to them .the player pool all round is thiniing ie no dockers reserves, all across the board , yes ok to double up occassionally just a bit hard to reward those blokes when having to pay debts off left by people in the previous administration at heybridge
fair call moocher but the dogs need to do everythig in their power to field two sides or the competion will not survive and neither will they other sides are in the same boat and they have to do the same thing.

fair call moocher but the dogs need to do everythig in their power to field two sides or the competion will not survive and neither will they other sides are in the same boat and they have to do the same thing.
Have already signed a couple more since the article in the Advocate which has had the desired result. comp is struggling as is the structure of footy in the state up against the other codes, make sure all the other teams dont sook up and whinge if the Dogs do flood every week which is against the "spirit" of the game but for the sake of the competition ?The only reason a call to arms was made by the Dogs was to be up front and open and to try and avoid both the fines and inconveniance of maybe some forfeits, why did Myalla start if the writing was on the wall, the boys at Heybridge fully support the DFA in moving forward they are just stating facts which may be a surprise to a few that have wanted to stick the knives in to them the last couple of years and they will definately field one team for sure and Queeny first game is a winnable one I reckon

I can say for a fact that Chalky was never going to bring anyone from Somerset, why would they leave, good club , committee and will play finals, he spoke to Nathan Hay who has always been underpaid for the work he does off and on field and Adam Radford as he sold him a house if you want to participate on this forum get your facts right

Fact is the Cuprona president was heard saying that chalky had 5 0r 6 from somerset likely to play with Cuprona and it was at the upper burnie basketball centre where he said it.

Fact is the Cuprona president was heard saying that chalky had 5 0r 6 from somerset likely to play with Cuprona and it was at the upper burnie basketball centre where he said it.
Fair enough brother , if big Gaza said that he is going back on what Chalky said with his initial discussion about the coaching job.I am reasonably close to him and he said he would not approach players from Somerset and yes he was asked to but out of ten years loyal service he said he would not apart from the two previously mentioned,Chalky and the committee have a process in place and maybe it will vary slightly due to a lack of numbers currently and by the way, if 32 left any other club in the league they too would be ringing the alarm bells and before anyone else wants to pass judgement on Chalky he just wants to let everyone out there that wants, and is entitledto by the way, to vent an opinion he will not be at the Darwin launch on friday night as he is in Hobart on the free gas provided by the TCA at the Ricky Ponting Medal Dinner as part of his role with the Imparja cup cricket team, maybe he can do a video link up at the launch ?

Fair enough brother , if big Gaza said that he is going back on what Chalky said with his initial discussion about the coaching job.I am reasonably close to him and he said he would not approach players from Somerset and yes he was asked to but out of ten years loyal service he said he would not apart from the two previously mentioned,Chalky and the committee have a process in place and maybe it will vary slightly due to a lack of numbers currently and by the way, if 32 left any other club in the league they too would be ringing the alarm bells and before anyone else wants to pass judgement on Chalky he just wants to let everyone out there that wants, and is entitledto by the way, to vent an opinion he will not be at the Darwin launch on friday night as he is in Hobart on the free gas provided by the TCA at the Ricky Ponting Medal Dinner as part of his role with the Imparja cup cricket team, maybe he can do a video link up at the launch ?

Sounds like there are a few Chalky knockers out there, hope these knockers are members of their beloved clubs doing what they can to survive. But then if they were, they would understand the troubles and efforts it takes to keep the club going. Stick to it Chalky! Maybe why your in hobart mate you can swing by the NHO on saturday afternoon and watch the Dees and the Bombers!

Sounds like there are a few Chalky knockers out there, hope these knockers are members of their beloved clubs doing what they can to survive. But then if they were, they would understand the troubles and efforts it takes to keep the club going. Stick to it Chalky! Maybe why your in hobart mate you can swing by the NHO on saturday afternoon and watch the Dees and the Bombers!
Good idea brother, he will have to latch on to a Hobart contact to get a couple of passes, I am sure Browny would want him to take some stats with the "alleged" Dockers coaching board he knows nothing about !Good news for the Dogs last night, 20 on the track I think as the lights were pretty hard to see, with 2 new signings from South Burnie

Good idea brother, he will have to latch on to a Hobart contact to get a couple of passes, I am sure Browny would want him to take some stats with the "alleged" Dockers coaching board he knows nothing about !Good news for the Dogs last night, 20 on the track I think as the lights were pretty hard to see, with 2 new signings from South Burnie

That wouldn't be the board that was shown a few times on ABC television on saturday afternoon???

Who are the new recruits Moocher?

That wouldn't be the board that was shown a few times on ABC television on saturday afternoon???

Who are the new recruits Moocher?
Brad Davis and Rohan Baldock-only joking-Ian Imer who used to play there and a young bloke by the name of Daniel Fraser-Heazelwood whom I think was at the Dockers as a junior a couple of seasons ago or else he had a pair of stolen Docker shorts on !Chalky spoke to Jason Ling from Penguin today in regards to player coming to the dogs on a daily permit if they were to miss out as the two Blues had 72 0n the track last Tuesday and he said that would not be a problem if any player wanted a game.Cuprona have also gone around the schools to tap in to some juniors including a nice gesture of 6 brand new footys to Penguin High courtesy of Harvey Norman one of their sponsors, will most likely now retain the seconds after some media attention although Queeny down on the gravel first game might test a few friendships but the bus trip back should be a beauty !

Brad Davis and Rohan Baldock-only joking-Ian Imer who used to play there and a young bloke by the name of Daniel Fraser-Heazelwood whom I think was at the Dockers as a junior a couple of seasons ago or else he had a pair of stolen Docker shorts on !Chalky spoke to Jason Ling from Penguin today in regards to player coming to the dogs on a daily permit if they were to miss out as the two Blues had 72 0n the track last Tuesday and he said that would not be a problem if any player wanted a game.Cuprona have also gone around the schools to tap in to some juniors including a nice gesture of 6 brand new footys to Penguin High courtesy of Harvey Norman one of their sponsors, will most likely now retain the seconds after some media attention although Queeny down on the gravel first game might test a few friendships but the bus trip back should be a beauty !
daniel is that the kid that was in the stealing thing last year with young dudman?also heard south signed guy from victoria like they need any more .popped head in 2 have look somerset last night numbers down come on boys get there:footy:

Good work. Dont listen to all the knockers, is going to be a hard road to travel but from sounds of it there are plenty of things being put into place behinds the scenes to hopefully reap some success in time to come.

Good news that its likely the Dogs will field both sides this year. If I was still up the coast and didnt have a bung knee, I would come out for a run myself!..

daniel is that the kid that was in the stealing thing last year with young dudman?also heard south signed guy from victoria like they need any more .popped head in 2 have look somerset last night numbers down come on boys get there:footy:
Signed a bloke who played TAC cup for Vic Metro. CHF. Looked good at training last night, Bit underdone but has nice hands and good skills. Might take him a few games to find his feet but will be a handy player come finals time!

Signed a bloke who played TAC cup for Vic Metro. CHF. Looked good at training last night, Bit underdone but has nice hands and good skills. Might take him a few games to find his feet but will be a handy player come finals time!
Who has he signed up with Bear and thanks for the heads up on "stealing" incident, will fit in well at Heybridge as Chalky has stolen everything anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back