Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have heard Brad is not playing.And is it true that Queenstown has finished.
Be good if they were as Cuprona play them this week but seriously I think that like a few they are struggling with numbers early but to my knowledge they are still going, apparently Patto does not want blokes doubling up and even if they have 14 a side this week which constitutes a game against the Dogs this week , they may be able to do it.Cuprona will struggle this week being down there as they have had a massive ring around but most this week, which is fair enough if they have not committed to play the season, have "Quennstownitis" which is a little bit worsr than "Yollaitis" which is an infliction from Langley Park !:):footy:

be good if they were as cuprona play them this week but seriously i think that like a few they are struggling with numbers early but to my knowledge they are still going, apparently patto does not want blokes doubling up and even if they have 14 a side this week which constitutes a game against the dogs this week , they may be able to do it.cuprona will struggle this week being down there as they have had a massive ring around but most this week, which is fair enough if they have not committed to play the season, have "quennstownitis" which is a little bit worsr than "yollaitis" which is an infliction from langley park !:):footy:
moocher yollaitis somerset found a cure two seasons ago when we beat them at yolla last year was just a slight relapse:d

have not heard the queeny news at the launch on friday night they were confident of fielding two sides

I hope the heads of all clubs and the board of the darwin and ntfl,nwfa,and chfa start to do somthing soon for next year and for future as country comps arnt going to be able to play with shortage of numbers every week.
we need to act now before its to late .chfa, has already lost the tc bulldogs
none of us on this forum dont want to see any darwin clubs to go . but there needs to be change.

I hope the heads of all clubs and the board of the darwin and ntfl,nwfa,and chfa start to do somthing soon for next year and for future as country comps arnt going to be able to play with shortage of numbers every week.
we need to act now before its to late .chfa, has already lost the tc bulldogs
none of us on this forum dont want to see any darwin clubs to go . but there needs to be change.
Totally agree

Totally agree

Competitions and clubs are still trying to function as they did 20 years ago when the population was nearly double. young blokes are looking elsewhere for work now as employment has decreased. The Darwin league is a tradionally league and a league that supports the community where blokes can have a kick and enjoy their footy with mates. You now have a growth in other sports such as soccer etc which are drawing players. With numbers down maybe clubs and comps need to start looking at 2 sides per club instead of 3. either that or start merging some comps but i'm not sure if that will help. The other options is cutting teams and i think personally thats the last thing we want to do.

moocher yollaitis somerset found a cure two seasons ago when we beat them at yolla last year was just a slight relapse:d
And what a game it was in the wet, 10 goal first quarter and the twin towers in Grey and Baldock at their very best with 11 and 9 each respectively, upset a few Yolla boys but augers well for games between them this year, go Roos !

Competitions and clubs are still trying to function as they did 20 years ago when the population was nearly double. young blokes are looking elsewhere for work now as employment has decreased. The Darwin league is a tradionally league and a league that supports the community where blokes can have a kick and enjoy their footy with mates. You now have a growth in other sports such as soccer etc which are drawing players. With numbers down maybe clubs and comps need to start looking at 2 sides per club instead of 3. either that or start merging some comps but i'm not sure if that will help. The other options is cutting teams and i think personally thats the last thing we want to do.
Makes abit of sense this then, better comment than our old mate Docker5 would say !

I think the Darwin and CHFL should join together and let the CHFL under age should still play locally or join NTFL.NWFA seams to be going alright looking from the outside in but the NTFL needs two more team one from Burnie and one from Devonport Latrobe area.Like South Burnie from the Darwin and Spreyton from NWFA.

I think the Darwin and CHFL should join together and let the CHFL under age should still play locally or join NTFL.NWFA seams to be going alright looking from the outside in but the NTFL needs two more team one from Burnie and one from Devonport Latrobe area.Like South Burnie from the Darwin and Spreyton from NWFA.
Problem is the people that make the decision are not at the "coalface' training with 10 blokes or making 30 phone calls to get a team just for the sake of an ego !

And what a game it was in the wet, 10 goal first quarter and the twin towers in Grey and Baldock at their very best with 11 and 9 each respectively, upset a few Yolla boys but augers well for games between them this year, go Roos !
It's about time u deflated yourself chalky it's pretty sad when u have to talk about yourself as a third person to get your name on here. Your probably the dumbest smart bloke on this forum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Darwin merges with the CHFL i reckon a lot of players would chuck it in because of the travel/time factor. The Darwin is a comp that have teams in close proxcimity and that appeals to players looking for a kick. The NTFL will get the 2 extra teams when Burnie and Devonport that are presently in the SWL come back when that comp collapes again.

Problem is the people that make the decision are not at the "coalface' training with 10 blokes or making 30 phone calls to get a team just for the sake of an ego !

Spot on. Those in power couldn't give a rats arse about grass roots football. Nor do they appreciate or understand the battles that clubs continually face to provide their supporters with a team that they can follow year after year or now the way it's heading week after week

:heart:
It's about time u deflated yourself chalky it's pretty sad when u have to talk about yourself as a third person to get your name on here. Your probably the dumbest smart bloke on this forum
Even worse A-that you read this and B-take the time to reply, poor old Ckalky he has probably pulled your pants down in Cricket or footy or both !

I think every body is sick of you talking in the third person mooch :D
Dont FU KING wll read and/or respond then and while you are at it, prove it and maybe enjoy a bit of banter and fun, suppose it would be dissapointing for some to actually read something on here that is true and makes sense from somebody that has been on the journey !And by the way, dont bother to ring Chalky as afew other sooks have done in the past to have a sook up :mad:

Dont FU KING wll read and/or respond then and while you are at it, prove it and maybe enjoy a bit of banter and fun, suppose it would be dissapointing for some to actually read something on here that is true and makes sense from somebody that has been on the journey !And by the way, dont bother to ring Chalky as afew other sooks have done in the past to have a sook up :mad:
Don`t have his number sorry ha ha.He really did not have much time for me (now I`m talking to you in the third person) I think I upset you on the footy field to many times.I didn`t have much skill left in my later years of playing but boy could I sleg.I did go a bit to far sometimes but what happens on the field stays there some pepole took it to hart :p

the seasons only a stab kick away, finally we can see which clubs improved over the cricket season, whos really playing for who,and which four clubs are going to be winners comke saterday night?.

south to play yolla interesting game first up on big ground south by 50 interested to see yollas side tommorow as hasnt been to manny new recurits keeping sporting pulse busy. inless they come in a rush tonight.

cuperona and queenstown going to be a close game and i predicts its going to come down to how many players dont have to double up for both teams.
home team just.

look forword to see somersets line up should be too fit for yeomen as it be chasing a top3 spot. 85 points

rigley vs natone grandfinal replay be a kick in it close all day both sides havnt lost alot , wonder who play on leatherbarrow with butler gone
rigley just home ground avantage..

the seasons only a stab kick away, finally we can see which clubs improved over the cricket season, whos really playing for who,and which four clubs are going to be winners comke saterday night?.

south to play yolla interesting game first up on big ground south by 50 interested to see yollas side tommorow as hasnt been to manny new recurits keeping sporting pulse busy. inless they come in a rush tonight.

cuperona and queenstown going to be a close game and i predicts its going to come down to how many players dont have to double up for both teams.
home team just.

look forword to see somersets line up should be too fit for yeomen as it be chasing a top3 spot. 85 points

rigley vs natone grandfinal replay be a kick in it close all day both sides havnt lost alot , wonder who play on leatherbarrow with butler gone
rigley just home ground avantage..

Um it's played at natone mate so I'm guessin ya changin ya tip to the mighty maggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back