Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was at the bcl dinner last night at somerset and was told somerset signed jye gardam from wynyard as assistant coach would be good for the roos if true can anyone confirm this:)
Yep, he was there, not sure whether he signed up , would need to be more reliable than he was with the cricket at Myalla, certainly another handy pick up for the Roos if it comes off

Your a bit quick 2 run down the players they had there last year/ take a look at the coaching and committee maybe there wasnt enough authority at the club and they went about things the wrong way. some of these players that didnt train and just held there hand out for money... have now joined clubs that r very strong on discipline for absolutely no money and r training hard... so look 4 these cuprona rejects in there new colours 2 stand up this year with a team around them 4 help not just 6 or 7 players each week.
You cannot blame the players for leaving if the structure was not that great and if they play good footy at another Club , good luck to them I reckon, there is or are no hard feelings to those that have left as obviously it was not much fun there last year so good on those that stay and lets be honest, loyalty can only go so far.It has been difficult to recruit to Heybridge admittedly and it would not be everyones cup of tea but in reality it is only football and the Club is looking for a different direction albeit one that will not reap a Premiership straight up but sometimes the success of a footy club is not always judged on a win loss ratio on field contrary to what some are led to believe and as for Chalky not training till next week , so what, one game in two years won will not change because hehas not been there to blow a whistle, that is a cop out from those saying it, Jack and Jake are there and maybe those that are still there need to take som e of their own responsibilty, they are grown men who reckon they can play-do a bit themselves

You cannot blame the players for leaving if the structure was not that great and if they play good footy at another Club , good luck to them I reckon, there is or are no hard feelings to those that have left as obviously it was not much fun there last year so good on those that stay and lets be honest, loyalty can only go so far.It has been difficult to recruit to Heybridge admittedly and it would not be everyones cup of tea but in reality it is only football and the Club is looking for a different direction albeit one that will not reap a Premiership straight up but sometimes the success of a footy club is not always judged on a win loss ratio on field contrary to what some are led to believe and as for Chalky not training till next week , so what, one game in two years won will not change because hehas not been there to blow a whistle, that is a cop out from those saying it, Jack and Jake are there and maybe those that are still there need to take som e of their own responsibilty, they are grown men who reckon they can play-do a bit themselves[/quote

Get to training and lead your club... Dont take on the job if your not prepared to put in the hours. Stop blaming everything else and start focusing on the problems at hand... If i was a player at the club id be shaking my head.... Have a good look in the mirror - Your kidding yourself. Keep your heads up dogs players...stick to it.:thumbsu:

guys lets get back to the footy not chalky bashing everyone knows cuprona employed him under the condition he cant take training until cricket has finished so if you recken he is weak or letting the club down talk to the committee that accepted the terms like all football clubs the buck starts and stops with the president.

You cannot blame the players for leaving if the structure was not that great and if they play good footy at another Club , good luck to them I reckon, there is or are no hard feelings to those that have left as obviously it was not much fun there last year so good on those that stay and lets be honest, loyalty can only go so far.It has been difficult to recruit to Heybridge admittedly and it would not be everyones cup of tea but in reality it is only football and the Club is looking for a different direction albeit one that will not reap a Premiership straight up but sometimes the success of a footy club is not always judged on a win loss ratio on field contrary to what some are led to believe and as for Chalky not training till next week , so what, one game in two years won will not change because hehas not been there to blow a whistle, that is a cop out from those saying it, Jack and Jake are there and maybe those that are still there need to take som e of their own responsibilty, they are grown men who reckon they can play-do a bit themselves[/quote

Get to training and lead your club... Dont take on the job if your not prepared to put in the hours. Stop blaming everything else and start focusing on the problems at hand... If i was a player at the club id be shaking my head.... Have a good look in the mirror - Your kidding yourself. Keep your heads up dogs players...stick to it.:thumbsu:
Didnt realise there was a problem there because all the problems from last year eg no social functions, no discipline, no structure, overpaid players, money going "missing", old footballs, small scoreboard, mould in changerooms, emphasis on Reserves footy and not Seniors, weak gutted people putting their hand up and then leaving half way through the year ARE NOT THERE this season, go Doggies, lets get a few out there in forum land to vote with their feet by attending a game or two at heybridge and then making judgement then not 24 weeks out from the annual dinner , start Saturday by attending the gala day organised by the Dogs in lieu of the lightning premiership but be warned, Chalky will not be there so I suppose that means everyone will sook up again !

Will this little Gold thumb fit where the sun dont shine!

was at the bcl dinner last night at somerset and was told somerset signed jye gardam from wynyard as assistant coach would be good for the roos if true can anyone confirm this:)
Well you would know Lasty if he has or has not signed considering you are the president! Very good player was unlucky at Wynyard last year. Consistently one of the best players in the Two's each week and was best on in the grandfinal kicking 7 if I remember correctly. Great pick up 4 S'Set can play forward or back and his game will be more suited to the Darwin comp! So that's Timmy Mac, Ant Mac, Luke Williams, Jye Gardam as big recruits. Throw in a Fitter Dobbo who will be a better player than he was last year with a year under his belt ( Can really really play if fully fit). Also picked up Big Joe Brown and Tyler Emmet who are handy players. Roo's are not looking to bad next year IMO! Have they lost any others apart from Chimpy Bessell and Chalky?

Well you would know Lasty if he has or has not signed considering you are the president! Very good player was unlucky at Wynyard last year. Consistently one of the best players in the Two's each week and was best on in the grandfinal kicking 7 if I remember correctly. Great pick up 4 S'Set can play forward or back and his game will be more suited to the Darwin comp! So that's Timmy Mac, Ant Mac, Luke Williams, Jye Gardam as big recruits. Throw in a Fitter Dobbo who will be a better player than he was last year with a year under his belt ( Can really really play if fully fit). Also picked up Big Joe Brown and Tyler Emmet who are handy players. Roo's are not looking to bad next year IMO! Have they lost any others apart from Chimpy Bessell and Chalky?
Garry Randall back to Smithton who was ok but not fit and found it hard to train, Brent Burgess back to Smithton as well and Corey Baldock maybe back to Smithton as well as his father is on the committee.Slappa taking it easier as he had ostio pubities last year and it was not from footy !I reckon Somerset can seriously challenge for the title this year but bear in mind they did finish 3rd last year anyway.Augers well for a good strong comp in the top 5, just unfortunate for the Roos maybe that others have or will improve as well. Looks like their on field is going a long way to matching their fantastic off field activities.Looking in the paper today at Latrobe gains they have quite a few from Wesley Vale which should be goof for the combined game as allof their rep players killed us on the day

I forgot Brayden Field as retired to golf and Brakey to Penguin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case you had not heard, Browne not there this year
browne may not be there but some of the players that he was paying 2 much are. and they are still being paid more than they r worth. ditch the payments 2 ordinary senior players and chase some descent recruits.

Garry Randall back to Smithton who was ok but not fit and found it hard to train, Brent Burgess back to Smithton as well and Corey Baldock maybe back to Smithton as well as his father is on the committee.Slappa taking it easier as he had ostio pubities last year and it was not from footy !I reckon Somerset can seriously challenge for the title this year but bear in mind they did finish 3rd last year anyway.Augers well for a good strong comp in the top 5, just unfortunate for the Roos maybe that others have or will improve as well. Looks like their on field is going a long way to matching their fantastic off field activities.Looking in the paper today at Latrobe gains they have quite a few from Wesley Vale which should be goof for the combined game as allof their rep players killed us on the day

brent burgess at east ulverstone

browne may not be there but some of the players that he was paying 2 much are. and they are still being paid more than they r worth. ditch the payments 2 ordinary senior players and chase some descent recruits.
Mate are you on the current committee at Heybridge because if you were you would know of the new restructure of payments:):footy::heart:

Anyway boys and girls here is my prediction for the upcoming season after 18 rounds ladder as follows

south burnie
somerset
natone
ridgley
yolla
yeoman
queenstown
cuprona

sorry chalky dont think you will win a game:)

Anyway boys and girls here is my prediction for the upcoming season after 18 rounds ladder as follows

south burnie
somerset
natone
ridgley
yolla
yeoman
queenstown
cuprona

sorry chalky dont think you will win a game:)
Yolla will finish 1 or 2, 5 obviously is as is and yes I think the Dogs will sruggle to win many but the draw is favourable in playing Queeny and Yeoman 3 times as opposed the sides in the 5, they will win a game I reckon ?Ridley will struggle to be top 3 without Barnsy

south burnie
somerset
natone
ridgley
yolla
yeoman
queenstown
cuprona

sorry chalky dont think you will win a game:)[/q

South wont be beaten this year imo, Brad Davis will dominate this comp, throw in Stretton, Both Butlers and so on they will be too good. No reason to write off Ridgley yet, do not win 3 flags relying on one or two. Hayes will be a big plus if hes fit and Couls, king and so on still there with experience.Natone will be there again, and yolla will be in fighting it with those two imo. That will leave Somerset and maybe Queeny fighting it out for last spot, ,somerset have lost afew and gained a few, have not heard of new recruits apart from Tim Macmichael so could surprise. Queeny always an unkown but have always been competitive. Have Yeoman recruited much? The dogs may struggle but we need them competitive. Bring on round 1:D

south burnie
somerset
natone
ridgley
yolla
yeoman
queenstown
cuprona

sorry chalky dont think you will win a game:)[/q

South wont be beaten this year imo, Brad Davis will dominate this comp, throw in Stretton, Both Butlers and so on they will be too good. No reason to write off Ridgley yet, do not win 3 flags relying on one or two. Hayes will be a big plus if hes fit and Couls, king and so on still there with experience.Natone will be there again, and yolla will be in fighting it with those two imo. That will leave Somerset and maybe Queeny fighting it out for last spot, ,somerset have lost afew and gained a few, have not heard of new recruits apart from Tim Macmichael so could surprise. Queeny always an unkown but have always been competitive. Have Yeoman recruited much? The dogs may struggle but we need them competitive. Bring on round 1:D
Dogs will BARK round 1 v Queeny down there, the Dogs travel there twice this year, good thing, two bus trips and two good meals at one of their Queenstown sponsors

1)south burnie - wont loose a game.

2)somerset- will be good under timmy mac - top 3 finish

3)yolla - seems to have some good recuits. - will finish between 2 - 4

4)natone - moppa has a good list. Finish 4 - 6

5)ridgley - finish 3 - 6 - lots of experience.

field played in practise match for somerset last week could still be a starter come round one

he spends a lot of time with bessell tho them to are best mates all ways see em togther wouldnt be surprised if he heads up with bessell to tell u the truth they love playing there fotty with each other and it will be a great pick up for ridgely:thumbsu:

he spends a lot of time with bessell tho them to are best mates all ways see em togther wouldnt be surprised if he heads up with bessell to tell u the truth they love playing there fotty with each other and it will be a great pick up for ridgely:thumbsu:

How are ya Mitch Bessell? Have been told Fieldsy has told the committee he will play at somerset if he plays, and his word is more creditable than most that tell others what they want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back