Preview DaVe86 - Match Preview - 1st Prelim Collingwood vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd forgotten about Hawkins. Hawkins always cracks me up, he looks like a giant child running around on the footy field totally out of his depth. That match up would suit us, allowing Maxwell to play looser and rebound more.

LOL @ 'giant child'. Sad but true:(

If you're a team that has only lost one game since May despite the inaccuracy that has been so violent, then you know that you're a powerhouse team.

Beautifully summarised, Scotty.

Great thread, great discussion with many credible match-ups proposed. Just goes to show the task the coaches have this week. Pies by 18.

Carn Pies, seriously, go and smash Geelong, I live in geelong and hate hearing there supporters crap on when they win.

Also, I did preview the game, and you could check it out at the link below:
http://bit.ly/cir0Fr

Dave, your work is fantastic mate. I love reading your stuff!

Awesome stuff once again DaVe.:D

With so many rotations happening, many of these midfield match ups will be shared - although the key defensive ones should not change.

I am hoping that with Blair and Sidebum we can run them ragged come the 3rd quarter.

Our team is so well drilled - I know that we'll get full on performance from these guys - nothing left in the tank from a MM team.

Go Woods!

Macaffer may have been torn up by Griffen but Griffen is a different type of player than Chapman and a match up I don't really think suited Macaffer. Macaffer got Chapman last time we played them and while Chapman still had some influence it was greatly reduced from his usual output. That is all we need from Macaffer because Geelong are such a great burst side, Chapman is usually the initiater, this is where I can see us losing the game so I think it's important we get this match up right. Macaffer is the man for mine.

Agree RE: Maxwell. That is an awefully dangerous match up for us. I think we will see Toovey get whoever the other F50 small (Stokes/Byrnes/Varcoe) and try to get Maxwell loose. Ling to Maxwell would be a real worry as it would shut down a lot of our drive while creating a dangerous offensive match up for the Cats. But the pay off may come in the middle where we have a dangerous midfielder like Pendles left with greater freedom so it may well be a win as long as we are winning the clearances as a result.

Man this is shaping up as a great game. Two such close and strong sides. The reigning empire and barbarians at the gate indeed.

yeah I just think he might be def fwd vs Enright or Milburn. He carved up Mackie and was v good against Milburn last time. I like him one out when the ball is coming in. I think its also worth remembering that Cats struggle when they are one out down back....its the best chance of scoring against them.

I read these nearly every week Dave, and they never fail to dissapoint.:thumbsu: Highly informative, and the depths you go into with your analysis of matchups, gameplans etc. is unrivalled IMO. As it is a prelim, I'm tipping with my heart a little bit, like yourself...
Geelong by 7.

BACCS posts on here a bit and seems a good guy, so I'm thinking he's genuine and not taking the p1ss against our DaVe

One of my favourite things in life is seeing well intentioned people stumble over double negatives. Always crack me up.

DaVe great review, and they always fail to disappoint me...err have I got that right...

It's also interesting that off the top, BACC's comment sounds more complimentary than mine. :eek:

Oh PS, Go you Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back