Rumour Davey wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones has nothing unique. He'd be important to Essendon because Jobe needs help. Jones has an average disposal and his decision making is poor, he is however hard at it and would add extra grunt into our smaller bodied midfield.

There is no way Jones warrants a first round pick.
Just because Davey is unique doesn't make him better or more valuable.

A Krakouer is also 27 and fits a similar need, WA lad who would want to play in WA, not sure if Davey would want to move West.

GC are having a good look at Krakour. I doubt Davey would leave esseondon to play for the eagles.

I would guess its melbourne or nothing.

Just to clarify, I'd prefer to keep Davey but if we're going to lose him, best get something we need.

Nathan Jones, Richard Tambling, David Mundy, I'm about to pitch a tent...

Grunt, speed and damage! :thumbsu:

Make it HAPPEN!!!

You guys can have Tambling for Houli, straight swap......

No way.

Talk about over rating your own players. Jones would fetch a first rounder in a trade, Davey would get maybe a 3rd rounder.

Davey is to small to play a full season plus finals, come finals he'd get snapped in half with the intensity.

Its not surprise how players such as Davey and Dick at the Pies have spent half their careers in injury rehab.
It's almost like I said exactly that, and you completely ignored it.

Davey's a better player than Jones. Every day of the week.
Knock on him would be age & injury history.
Davey's best > Jones' best.

btw being injured a heap doesn't mean you can't play. Long & Hird missed probably their best years out injured.
It means they achieved less, they're worth less, but it doesn't mean they can't play.

do not want jones, i would rather howlett and lonergan, jones skills are atrocious and i havnt been impressed with any of his games, howlett is quicker and can do what jones does and more

do not want jones, i would rather howlett and lonergan, jones skills are atrocious and i havnt been impressed with any of his games, howlett is quicker and can do what jones does and more

So he replaces Prismall in the team then.

So he replaces Prismall in the team then.

Prismal is a far better player than Jones.
Was unable to really demonstrate his best under Knights for some reason, but with the right coach will hopefully show his best next year....must keep.

Jones is pretty decent too btw, however i wouldn't want to give much for him as we already have Watson, Lonergan, Howlett and Prismal to play the same role.

jones and tambling? pfft - they would bring nothing to improve essendon. certainly not good enough to get them towards a premiership. better off sticking with the kids.

mundy on the other hand would be a good get - i'm happy to trade hooker, jetta and swap some draft picks for mundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones is risky, yet tempting, Tambling is a step in the wrong direction. I find him to be weak and liken him to Dempsey and can only imagine what we'd be like with two Dempseys in our team.

I would love the team to take on two additional medium sized natural defenders like a Solly or Hardwick if we are to swap Houli or Davey.

Early draft picks should be reserved for players like Salopek or Mundy.

Does this every time he's out of contract. Dont know whether to blame the player or the manager. Wonder if they have started using his kids/potential f-s selctions as leverage :p.

Just to clarify, I'd prefer to keep Davey but if we're going to lose him, best get something we need.

Nathan Jones, Richard Tambling, David Mundy, I'm about to pitch a tent...

Grunt, speed and damage! :thumbsu:

Make it HAPPEN!!!

Tent successfully pitched.

um...don't think the dees would be in a hurry to get another small forward. WC are, but they don't offer anything we need

West Coast have a tall forward (Lynch) that Melbourne might be interested in. Could some sort of 3 way trade be done?

Under Knights game plan we really suffered when he either wasn't playing or wasn't playing well, but I doubt he'd be as important structurally under a new coach. Though saying that we'd really want to get a small forward to replace him. Jetta is a midfielder, as is Lonergan, Monfries doesn't play small, either does Williams.

It would leave a bit of a hole in our list.

His arrow has been in decline for a while now. At his age, you put him out there and just hope that he is a fit for a couple of teams.

Jones is a mile ahead of Davey, regardless of what Daveys best is.

He's an obviouse trade out option. Has delivered bugger all for us over the past couple of years, is ageing but still could provide a couple of good years in the right structure. Also has the X factor which is an obvious attraction.

Eagles are very keen on Krakouer as a small forward, so im unsure if they would want Davey + Krakouer. Unsure why they want Krakouer he is 27 and they wont get near a flag in 3 years.

I like Pocket Pears thinking with a 3 way trade involving Lynch, Jones and Al Davey. Also i think Melbourne would be interested in a small forward. They only have Wonamaerri but they seem to have some good medium sized forward (Petterd, Green, Jurrah). They would certainly be looking for a tall forward first i guess.

I think losing Davey is bad but, certainly leaves a bit of a hole and i assure you it means Jetta plays forward which is where he should play with stints in the midfield and means Williams will have to chase.

Can't afford to lose him but if we get Jones then it could be a win win.

lol at the person saying Prismall is better than Jones. :eek:

3 years of Knights and we have been decimated into a complete rabble.

We have just agreed on something for the 2nd time in 3 years. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back