Rumour Davey wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crows might be interested in Davey if he wants to return to Adelaide. He is the type of player we are lacking at Tippett and Walkers feet in our forward line. Neil Craig and Matt Rendell have both stated we are looking to add speed to our team. I would be happy to give our 3rd rounder for him.

The Crows might be interested in Davey if he wants to return to Adelaide. He is the type of player we are lacking at Tippett and Walkers feet in our forward line. Neil Craig and Matt Rendell have both stated we are looking to add speed to our team. I would be happy to give our 3rd rounder for him.

What pick is that?

hang on, people are dreaming of adding tambling to the midfield ?! :eek:

ffs, people, don't dream of trading in rubbish just for the sake of trading

This.

Can't afford to lose him but if we get Jones then it could be a win win.

lol at the person saying Prismall is better than Jones. :eek:

3 years of Knights and we have been decimated into a complete rabble.
Agree

Suddenly our midfield is star studded.

Jones is an upgrade on Prismall for one simple reason - Defensive running.

It is non-existent in Prismall's game.

Agree

Suddenly our midfield is star studded.

Jones is an upgrade on Prismall for one simple reason - Defensive running.

It is non-existent in Prismall's game.

Jones' defensive running is nothing to write home about.

Eagles are very keen on Krakouer as a small forward, so im unsure if they would want Davey + Krakouer. Unsure why they want Krakouer he is 27 and they wont get near a flag in 3 years.

I like Pocket Pears thinking with a 3 way trade involving Lynch, Jones and Al Davey. Also i think Melbourne would be interested in a small forward. They only have Wonamaerri but they seem to have some good medium sized forward (Petterd, Green, Jurrah). They would certainly be looking for a tall forward first i guess.

I think losing Davey is bad but, certainly leaves a bit of a hole and i assure you it means Jetta plays forward which is where he should play with stints in the midfield and means Williams will have to chase.

Really, Eagles track record suggests otherwise.;)

We started our rebuild in 2007 when Judd and Cousins left and all the low picks we have drafted since will be reaching 23 > 25 years old in 3 years time. Also free agency will have started so 'topping up' to win a flag will be high on the agenda in 3 years.

As for Krakouer, he is a 'fresh' 27 yr old without major injury concerns, I could see him playing forward aged 31 > 32 in 4-5 years from now.

forgive my ignorance but who is the 'Jones' you all speak of? I certainly hope not from St Kilda, worst skilled player in the AFL! We need blokes that can kick the ball - like Houli

There is a lot of love for nugget Jones here, I would hate to lose him he is tough and hard at it players we haven’t had a lot of in the past.

Not sure if he is in our best 22 when Moloney, Trengove, Scully, Blease, Tappscott, Gysberts are all up and running.

There are questions over his kicking and defensive skills but still wouldn’t like to lose him.

There is a lot of love for nugget Jones here, I would hate to lose him he is tough and hard at it players we haven’t had a lot of in the past.

Not sure if he is in our best 22 when Moloney, Trengove, Scully, Blease, Tappscott, Gysberts are all up and running.

There are questions over his kicking and defensive skills but still wouldn’t like to lose him.
Fits in particularly well with Prismall, and probably our midfield in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, Eagles track record suggests otherwise.;)

We started our rebuild in 2007 when Judd and Cousins left and all the low picks we have drafted since will be reaching 23 > 25 years old in 3 years time. Also free agency will have started so 'topping up' to win a flag will be high on the agenda in 3 years.

As for Krakouer, he is a 'fresh' 27 yr old without major injury concerns, I could see him playing forward aged 31 > 32 in 4-5 years from now.
You started it, doesn't mean you've found anyone of note.
No-one over about 6'2". Most of the mids you've recruited can't kick. Le Cras's your best "tall" (bar Cox) and he's not tall.

You started it, doesn't mean you've found anyone of note.
No-one over about 6'2". Most of the mids you've recruited can't kick. Le Cras's your best "tall" (bar Cox) and he's not tall.
Kennedy says hi :p

I might be going out on a limb here, but from what I've seen Neagle is the most talented forward we have. Fitness and work ethic are his major downfalls.

It's sort of an unusual feeling with Neagle.

If he has a massive pre-season, I'm confident he'd be part of our best 22 and have an excellent 2011. However, I'm not confident that he'll have a massive preseason in the first place. (if that makes sense)

Yeah not sure.
Don't think another club would have drafted him. Definitely not when we did, ie under-age.
Seems to have got an easy run. Never kicked more than 3 in the seconds, never mentioned in the bests that I know of.

Sheedy romance = Neagle name = natural successor to Lloyd & Lucas.
But both those guys had played good seniors games by the age of 19-20. I'd argue Carlisle & Hardingham have done almost as much in 5 minutes as Jay did in 3 years.

There is talent there.
I'm just not sure he cares. And I don't think I do either.
I'd give him up until rd 1. If he's rippingly fit & smashing the crap out of Pears in the intra-clubs & whoever he goes against in the NAB, well and good.

If he's injured or unfit, or goes missing in 2nd & 3rd quarters (like he always has), "retire" him & bring up a rookie.

thats the biggest prob with neagle he doesn't care if only he got he's body right got proper fit and had a dip i guarantee we'd all be talking him up next year..

the kid has talent but just that dont get u far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back