David Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Mundy has always and wlil always be p*ss weak.

The guy shirks contests, can't stick a tackle and simply isn't a hard footballer.

That said his kick is accruate and penetrating (something we lack) and deserves his place in our side.

Then again you once also labelled Mcmanus a "pea-heart", didn't you Sabre?

Mundy has always and wlil always be p*ss weak.

The guy shirks contests, can't stick a tackle and simply isn't a hard footballer.

That said his kick is accruate and penetrating (something we lack) and deserves his place in our side.

your spot on there Sabre. the only thing i will add to this though, was he wasn't as gutless when in the WAFL. perhaps he has been spooked, but he is absolutely gutless now, he would easily be the most gutless player on our list, because he just consistantly pulls the handbrake.

unfortunately he still has a role in the team.

What is it with Freo supporters and wanting everyone to be a hard nut? Haven't you noticed that turning everyone into a hardnut can lose us games? We are giving away butt loads of free kicks already, we dont need to drum into everyone "Go and hit them hard" because we'll just end up like last year - Suspended or giving away games via Free kicks. For one I am glad that we have someone like Mundy in the team. He may shirk the issue of a shepherd or going back with the pack, but he still plays the game beautifully. Last time I checked some of the better players in the league weren't always going back into packs. Give this stupid issue about Mundy a rest already, you are embarrassing the club with your petulance.

What is it with Freo supporters and wanting everyone to be a hard nut? Haven't you noticed that turning everyone into a hardnut can lose us games? We are giving away butt loads of free kicks already, we dont need to drum into everyone "Go and hit them hard" because we'll just end up like last year - Suspended or giving away games via Free kicks. For one I am glad that we have someone like Mundy in the team. He may shirk the issue of a shepherd or going back with the pack, but he still plays the game beautifully. Last time I checked some of the better players in the league weren't always going back into packs. Give this stupid issue about Mundy a rest already, you are embarrassing the club with your petulance.
i see your point about people overreacting a little here, but sheparding is not something reserved for "hardnuts". It's one of the basics of the game and one of the first things you are taught as a footy player. you dont have to take a bloke out, just put your body in front of him

its not just today either, mundy is a serial shepard dodger

Not every player on the list is going to like Solomon when it comes to being a hard nut but EVERY player MUST know how to protect a team mate. Running back with the flight or standing your ground when the pack is coming is totally different to putting your body in between an opposition player and your team mate. Mundy is not the only offender when it comes to shepherding (if thats a word...). We have too many on the list who dont look to protect or help a teammate out. How much extra effort would be required to take a couple of extra steps, even if you just take the opposition off his line for a couple of steps, it gives your team mate that extra bit of time to dispose of the footy.

And we aren't the only club with players who do that. So people should stop acting as if thats the reason we lose. Its quite pathetic and childish. Sick of majority of Freo supporters looking immediately for the negatives instead of the positives about the performance.

And we aren't the only club with players who do that. So people should stop acting as if thats the reason we lose. Its quite pathetic and childish. Sick of majority of Freo supporters looking immediately for the negatives instead of the positives about the performance.
I dont think anyone actually said it was Mundy not shepherding which cost us the game. A few of us have an issue with him continually not helping out team mates which has been the case for most of his career. Yea his skills are pretty good and i dont think anyone disputes that but he has to learn how to help his team mates out.

IMO our overuse of the footy cost us the game yesterday not Mundy or any one player. I dont think a team has ever won a game having more handballs than kicks in the game, which we did yesterday.

Not supporting your teammates is absolutely why we lose some games, and if you can't see that, you are kidding yourself. Yes there were posistives, but if people like Mundy are going to pull the same gutless moves week in, week out, then we will end up where we were last year - playing average football and finishing in the middle of the ladder.

Just look at the weagles, though it blackens my tongue, half the reason Judd was so dominant was because of the huge blocks his teammates were consistantly laying for him. Out guys just don't do that, and Mundy is the prime, though not sole offender. Its not about being a "hardnut" its about putting your body on the line to support the team.

Its all about stop whinging. I've said it time and time again, not everyone shepherds. Whats the big deal? All you are doing is making Mundy a scapegoat for a poor team performance, time and time again. Who's fault for losing the game? Mundy! PATHETIC.

not everyone shepards?
whats the big deal?
i would like to think EVERY player on the team would shepherd for me. Id hate to be your teammate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not supporting your teammates is absolutely why we lose some games, and if you can't see that, you are kidding yourself. Yes there were posistives, but if people like Mundy are going to pull the same gutless moves week in, week out, then we will end up where we were last year - playing average football and finishing in the middle of the ladder.

Just look at the weagles, though it blackens my tongue, half the reason Judd was so dominant was because of the huge blocks his teammates were consistantly laying for him. Out guys just don't do that, and Mundy is the prime, though not sole offender. Its not about being a "hardnut" its about putting your body on the line to support the team.

So according to you, the man who obviously has no intelligence when it comes to football, teams can lose a game based on one shepherd? Thats absolutely ludicrous. Stop looking at the negatives... You are such a pessimist Belnakor, every thread on here you have something bad to say about a player or the club. Enough is enough and someone has to take a stand so I will.

not everyone shepards?
whats the big deal?
i would like to think EVERY player on the team would shepherd for me. Id hate to be your teammate.

What if instead of shepherding and running to do it, a guy along side you can provide a link? Shepherds have the problem of missing or giving away a free for too high. If you handpass to a guy running near you, it gets the ball away.. He didn't shepherd, but the ball kept moving. Seriously, use your bloody brains for once, theres more than one option in every situation.

What if instead of shepherding and running to do it, a guy along side you can provide a link? Shepherds have the problem of missing or giving away a free for too high. If you handpass to a guy running near you, it gets the ball away.. He didn't shepherd, but the ball kept moving. Seriously, use your bloody brains for once, theres more than one option in every situation.
Maybe you should take some of your own advice. Yes, a shepherd isnt always required - running into space to receive the handball is another option. But, you cant say that its not a big deal if someone doesnt shepherd.

If say Mundy was coming down the wing, no one between him and the forward 50m line except he had someone chasing him. Would you prefer he just bombed away into the forward 50 or get tackled from behind. Or would you have someone come through and take out(shepherd) the chaser so Mundy can run all the way to the 50m line and either hit a teammate or even kick for goal himself.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice. Yes, a shepherd isnt always required - running into space to receive the handball is another option. But, you cant say that its not a big deal if someone doesnt shepherd.

But is it a big deal? No. It only becomes a big deal if the player stands there and doesn't do anything, by either shepherding or creating an option. Again, I beg that you stop looking at negatives and use your brains. Its clear that I am one of the few using them here.

So according to you, the man who obviously has no intelligence when it comes to football, teams can lose a game based on one shepherd? Thats absolutely ludicrous. Stop looking at the negatives... You are such a pessimist Belnakor, every thread on here you have something bad to say about a player or the club. Enough is enough and someone has to take a stand so I will.

you can absolutely lose games on the back of one shephard, just like someone can lose their job as coach because someone couldn't convert a regulation shot from 40 metres out. Things happen, this is a game of 1%ers, and we consistantly fall down on them.

there are times to shepherd and there are times to provide a link.but every player must be able to shepherd.
If you are quick enough to find space - link
if your not quick enough and your teammate is about to get tackled - shepherd

"providing an option" is a gutless option. The amount of times i've seen people running in a pack and seen the ball carrier get dragged down from behind is too many.

If you are running alongside the ball carrier, and there is a chaser it is your DUTY to put your body in his way. Thats why they are getting paid the money they are, because you put your body on the line for the team. You don't sherk and "provide an option" and try and pick up a cheapy possession from a handball dish off.

Stop looking at the negatives... You are such a pessimist Belnakor, every thread on here you have something bad to say about a player or the club. Enough is enough and someone has to take a stand so I will.

incorrect. I have been a huge supporter of Haselby while "fairweather" sailers just as yourself were calling for his head last season.

But is it a big deal? No. It only becomes a big deal if the player stands there and doesn't do anything, by either shepherding or creating an option. Again, I beg that you stop looking at negatives and use your brains. Its clear that I am one of the few using them here.
I will give you a prime example of why a shepherd is a big deal.

Think 2006 grand final Eagles v Swans. Closing minutes/seconds. Daniel Chick first smothers the ball from a sydney player, grabs a rebound, handballs to adam hunter who is running past, then chick puts a SHEPHERD on and hunter runs into an open goal to seal a grand final win.

Now think if chick doesnt put that shepherd on, hunter gets tackled. It is a BIG DEAL. I cant see why or how you cant see why it isnt. It is basic stuff taught in juniors, its not hard either

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back