David Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mundy was in Hunters position does he get bagged for not shepherding?

1.) Mundy would not have received the handball because:

a) He would have been on his heels and walking somewhere when the smother was laid;

b) He is simply not fast enough to receive a handball in that situation.

2.) Mundy would not have been bagged for not laying a shepherd because:

a) He couldn't accelerate to help his team mate by shepherding;

b) He would have been out of shot when a contested ball was there to be won, and no-one would ever have known he was there.

I thought I was alone in my hatred of Mundy, but many people obviously see what I do. From experience, he's the sort of person within a team that creates fights within the group, because he exposes other players to injury. And regardless of skill, you don't need people like that in the group. After all, why would you give the ball to him or shepherd for him when you know whenever he is around, he doesn't do that for you, and you get drilled?

Seriously though, how obvious is it that him and most of the Dockers need a designated sprints coach? Unbelievable considering the people they have refused to acknowledge. I mean, even Ben Cousins had Nick Ward as his sprints coach for the early part of his career, yet Freo have turned down many of the State's Authorities, in the last 2 years. Basic stuff...

P.S. - listen out for my frequent abuse of Mundy if you sit behind the Subiaco end goals. ;)

What top fans we have.

When you've been a member for all 13 years, and put up with the crap that we still get served up with, I think you have a bit of a right to have a go at a player too scared to punch a ball, or even get in a contest. Just as well he aint a soldier, he'd be locked up pretty damn quick. Absolute coward.

Mundy is never scared to punch the ball, lets get that straight. oh and if you've been a member 13 years I can't understand how you can abuse a player of our club. Pathetic.

Because a lot of them don't deserve the pay they get. A lot of them don't seem to realise it's a privilege to play AFL, not a right. And after all, it's my money going into their pockets.

I pay money to see "passion". If it appears to be false advertising, yeah, I will hurl abuse. Denying reality hasn't has this cub anywhere in its existence.

Because a lot of them don't deserve the pay they get. A lot of them don't seem to realise it's a privilege to play AFL, not a right. And after all, it's my money going into their pockets.

I pay money to see "passion". If it appears to be false advertising, yeah, I will hurl abuse. Denying reality hasn't has this cub anywhere in its existence.
Well aren't we all glad we have a pathetic white ant supporter like you. Maybe watch a game for once instead of hurling abuse all game.

ive gotta say im one that would never bag one of my club but that is pretty good reasoning from you there

While I do not HATE Mundy,my opinion of him as a footballer is getting stronger everytime I see him play.Yet agin on the weekend he showed that he cannot run other than in one gear,refuses to do the things that are required to be of assistance ti his team mates.
Braedsman,as I said to you in earlier posts he can not not preform when he thinks it is right for him to play well.He must perform week in and week out.He did a couple of good things on the weekend but nowhere near enough.A good long spell back at Subiaco would do him the world of good and may make him realise that as someone said it is a privelege to play,not a right.I am sure that Scott Watters will be wondering what to do with him this weekend.

Because you know EXACTLY what he is thinking and thats all he is thinking ... Just because he isn't the fastest player in the world, doesn't make him completely useless. Look at players like Bock and Rutten down back.. they are slow as hell but two of the best defenders in the comp this year.

Mundy has had two bad games and three good ones. Therefore its the lack of consistency that gets people upset. He's no Robinson Crusoe so I cannot see why he's become the sacrificial lamb, Schammer, MJ (had a reasonable game on the w/end), Farmer, Sandilands (thats just my opinion) et al are all in the same category.
This is the problem. Inconsistency, oh and it doesn't help that the umpires don't adjudicate in a fair and reasonable way.
PS Dodd's been good.

Rutten and Bock are not ONE paced,Mundy is.They can accelerate when required Mundy can't.How can anyone know what he is thinking!!I don'r think even he knows that.And I have never said he is useless just never seems to give his best in any game.
One thing I do know is that he will be thinking EXACTLY this weekend is why didn't I play more competitive football al those weeks.Subi here I come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey who's trolling?Just because someone hasa diferent opinion about something than you doesn't make them a trollIf you don't like it Foff to where you come from.Unlike you I do not believe that everything I write will be agrees to by everyone here,but it is a discussion forum.I will discuss anything I like here you moron so foff and get a brain.

He's had three good games and two poor ones - the poor ones were our home games against Hawthorn and Richmond. So we haven't seen him play well live this year, which might explain the attitudes of some of the posters here.

Someone mentioned Michael Johnson before as being in the same category as Mundy. I agree with this. When has he done the hard stuff lately? Everyone remembers how good he can be, but why is he escaping the criticism that gets hurled at Mundy every week? They both get a lot of the ball, generally use it well and otherwise appear to cruise around the field. I'm not saying I want to bag Johnson, I just don't see why this sort of commentary seems reserved for Mundy. :confused:

He's had three good games and two poor ones - the poor ones were our home games against Hawthorn and Richmond. So we haven't seen him play well live this year, which might explain the attitudes of some of the posters here.

Someone mentioned Michael Johnson before as being in the same category as Mundy. I agree with this. When has he done the hard stuff lately? Everyone remembers how good he can be, but why is he escaping the criticism that gets hurled at Mundy every week? They both get a lot of the ball, generally use it well and otherwise appear to cruise around the field. I'm not saying I want to bag Johnson, I just don't see why this sort of commentary seems reserved for Mundy. :confused:

That was me, and I agree with you !!

I've never seen Johnno pike it like Mundy does.
That's the essential problem with Mundy's game - even when he gets a lot of kicks, he still refuses to put his body on the line to support his teammates and/or get or protect the ball. Johnno does - i've seen him stand in the space in front of leading forwards and take strong marks, and back into packs to punch the ball away. In uncontested play they might look similar, but that's where it stops.

I've never seen Johnno pike it like Mundy does.
That's the essential problem with Mundy's game - even when he gets a lot of kicks, he still refuses to put his body on the line to support his teammates and/or get or protect the ball. Johnno does - i've seen him stand in the space in front of leading forwards and take strong marks, and back into packs to punch the ball away. In uncontested play they might look similar, but that's where it stops.

So I'm guessing you didn't see the game on the weekend, or the game against Collingwood or West Coast. :rolleyes: Typical uninformed debauchery thrown at Mundy like usual. Poor kid is just a scapegoat for frustrations.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back