Not open for further replies.

Naitawhoey

All Australian
Suspended
Feb 17, 2010
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
As mentioned in The West, 6PR and on yesterdays television coverage, the rumors are circling that Swallow will be heading home

Its 100% true with Gold Coast resigned to losing him. He turned down a contract offer of over 400k to stay with the club. He is moving back due to homesickness but both clubs from the West have been headhunting him from the get go. The West paper will be having a column per day from various W.A players and David Swallow will be one of them regardless if he comes or goes which will start throughout the pre season once this season is finished.

Both Eagles and Freo have huge salary cap space on offer. Eagles dump alot of big money contracts in the form of Kerr and Cox freeing up around a mill to splash. Fremantle have similar money on the table. Swallow hasnt indicated a preference and its unlikely he will. He will simply leave to the club that can do the deal as all he wants is a move back home.

Let the bidding war begin

Better let the jokers on the North board know, they think he's coming to Arden st.

• Banned
Eagles got a bit unlucky by not getting the no.1 pick when we finished last. But it is destiny...The West Coast is his rightful home!

It will be up to who offers what. Not sure what Freo have in the way of tradeable players. Do think Eagles have alot more in that regard. Sheppard, Brown and Stevens being the main ones I think Gold Coast would be into. Freo would have to give up Silvagni, Clarke or a Broughton. Better then what we have on the table but Freo will be less relucant to part with these guys

Id give up Brown, Stevens + a first or 2nd rounder to get Swallow

• Banned
so he'll be signing with the GC by the end of the month i guess

If they choose to offer up say 700k it might change his mind I admit but to turn down close to 450k is the death knell. Gold Coast cant and wont go much higher then that

• Banned
Lol I thought this moron was banned for making stuff up all the time.

Got Mitch Clark to Dees on this board which was deleted and gave me a red card. Did give the admins a serve on my return though.

I have heard the exact opposite. My understanding is he will be signed up happily before the end of the year. My sources are many and the are rock-solid.

Got Mitch Clark to Dees on this board which was deleted and gave me a red card. Did give the admins a serve on my return though.

Yeah, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I expect this is one of your normal "rumours" and nothing will result from it.

I have heard the exact opposite. My understanding is he will be signed up happily before the end of the year. My sources are many and the are rock-solid.

He rejects 450k+ and he wants to happily stay?

Pull the other one. Ask anyone who knows Swallow around town and they are all saying he is 100% going home. I wont name exact reasons as they are quite lame but I doubt football would take precedence over them unfortunately for Gold Coast unless they can change someone who isnt David Swallows mind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He rejects 450k+ and he wants to happily stay?

Pull the other one. Ask anyone who knows Swallow around town and they are all saying he is 100% going home. I wont name exact reasons as they are quite lame but I doubt football would take precedence over them unfortunately for Gold Coast unless they can change someone who isnt David Swallows mind

Wrong. He is staying for at least another contract.

Your bullshit knows no bounds, does it?

You didn't get Mitch Clark to the Demons on this board. You were rattling on about Mitch Clark to Port. At least you were consistent in your delusion. I can see deleted threads, you see.

Here we go:

I cant read minds you know. I dont know atm what Port will actually get for throwing those 3 players out but I do know they plan on ontrading compo pick for Pearce + in order to get Clark in. Im not sure atm what the compo deal will be for Pearce but a protected first rounder I would think is on the cards. Deal would more then likely involve protected first rounder + next highest pick (not the top 10 pick) for Clark but once again thats just a guestimate on my part

In other words you admit your wrong. Me also thinks you should read the title of the thread, look up the word offer and differentiate it between the word signs.

Mitch Clark asking to leave first well and truly gave Lions the salary cap room needed to keep Rich happy. That is the main reason for Rich staying. Deep down you and everyone on this board knows that is true

You really think a player with a coin toss between Eagles and Brisbane is going to choose lowly Brisbane :eek:. Rich is just another player with an agent chasing every dollar and cent he can get for his players and he has done that with Rich and Brisbane. At the very least Eagles forced Brisbane into upping there offer and giving him the huge deal he craves

As I said I posted it in a PM message and not on here like I should. Too many different threads open atm because as I said in the Mitch Clark to Saints thread, Port is leading the race for his services and by offloading Salopek, Pearce, Cornes they believe they have the salary cap space + picks to get the deal done.

Unless you think Port are gonna trade there top pick for Clark :p

If the end result of losing all 3 is as is the current plan Mitch Clark how can that be considered anything but handsome compensation. Pearce + Salopek + a bag of crisp/cornes for Clark + salary cap relief is a great deal for them.

That is the current line of thinking by Port and IMO unless Mitch Clark hates money + a starting role as a ruckman that is the way things will pan out

Has had talks with 3 clubs to be exact in Port Adelaide, St Kilda and GWS. If I was a betting man however all my money is on Port Adelaide. They have huge salary cap room and a big cherry on the table in regards to compensation picks to be given by GWS for some recruits they have heading out the door.

I cant read minds you know. I dont know atm what Port will actually get for throwing those 3 players out but I do know they plan on ontrading compo pick for Pearce + in order to get Clark in. Im not sure atm what the compo deal will be for Pearce but a protected first rounder I would think is on the cards. Deal would more then likely involve protected first rounder + next highest pick (not the top 10 pick) for Clark but once again thats just a guestimate on my part

I only know Port Adelaides side of the story atm. Dont know Clark or Brisbanes. All I know is Port are confident Mitch Clark wants to join, all they have to do is clear some salary cap space to make it happen. Port are likely to have 3 picks inside the first 30 IMO so id suggest any deal they are currently preparing revolves around that

Not one mention of Mitch Clark to Melbourne. But that's the beauty of having a revisionist view of history isn't it? You can just make stuff up.

As for giving admin a serve - turn it up, you wouldn't be posting here if you did.

You deleted my thread. Port Adelaide did make a play for Clark. Primus even admitted it post trade period

Do some research please grizzlym

You deleted my thread. Port Adelaide did make a play for Clark. Primus even admitted it post trade period

Do some research please grizzlym

I have. You never made reference to Melbourne being after Clark.

That's fact.

You only talked about Port being after Clark.

You never once gave admin a serve.

I have done some research. And your claims are ridiculous. Like the one above.

Quit while you're well behind.

The Perth " Sunday Times " reported yesterday that he is signed until 2013 and is set to sign a new contract until the end of 2014 .

I think the reporter might have it wrong as Swallow signed a three year deal at 17 yrs when first drafted . The GC anticipate that Swallow will sign the new deal this week ,... hope Naitawhoey is right though :confused:

Here we go

"We kept our options open all week. We made enquiries about quite a few players including Clark and Seaby. Seaby unfortunately had a few ankle concerns we weren't quite prepared to taks the risk on. At the end we just felt Brent Renouf was the best fit for our club"

The Perth " Sunday Times " reported yesterday that he is signed until 2013 and is set to sign a new contract until the end of 2014 .

I think the reporter might have it wrong as Swallow signed a three year deal at 17 yrs when first drafted . The GC anticipate that Swallow will sign the new deal this week ,... hope Naitawhoey is right though :confused:

Signed til 2012 and offered a extention til 2014.

No club offers a player a 1 year extension. Not even GC are that silly

I have. You never made reference to Melbourne being after Clark.

That's fact.

You only talked about Port being after Clark.

You never once gave admin a serve.

I have done some research. And your claims are ridiculous. Like the one above.

Quit while you're well behind.

Claiming something as fact without proof of said fact isnt a fact

Claiming something as fact without proof of said fact isnt a fact

Provide a link for the Primus quote as per Big Footy rules please.

You simply didn't make the post about Mitch Clark or give admin a serve.

That's utter rubbish

I don't understand why people even bother biting anymore. I'd like to think most of us stopped even opening threads starting by him many moons ago.

Either a troll or simply a wanna-be "im in the know in the footy circles" kid. THe best way to deal with them in any case is just to ignore them and hope they'll go away.

In other news, the tatts numbers for tonight are 5, 1, 9, 13, 24 and 23, but I will edit this post after the fact to ensure I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back