Not-a-cluey David Swallow heading back west

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go

"We kept our options open all week. We made enquiries about quite a few players including Clark and Seaby. Seaby unfortunately had a few ankle concerns we weren't quite prepared to taks the risk on. At the end we just felt Brent Renouf was the best fit for our club"

Provide the link, please.

This is your Waterloo.

Btw the price would be a Fyfe or Natanui

Not it wouldn't.

Neither Freo or the Eagles would even think once let alone twice about that.

Silly post.:thumbsdown:

First rounder plus a player such as Mitch Brown, Koby Stevens or an Ash Smith. If Swallow did go to the Eagles Koby Stevens would want a trade in any case as that would be another inside mid he would be behind in the pecking order.

This thread rather reminds me of the following scene from Billy Madison. (note attached link)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112508/quotes

Bus Driver: That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ace, I know from experience dude. If you know what I mean.
Billy Madison: No, you don't.
Bus Driver: Well, not me personally but a guy I know. Him and her *got it on*. Wooo-eee!
Billy Madison: No, they didn't.
Bus Driver: No, no, no they didn't. But you could imagine what it'd be like if they did, right...?

Not it wouldn't.

Neither Freo or the Eagles would even think once let alone twice about that.

Silly post.:thumbsdown:

First rounder plus a player such as Mitch Brown, Koby Stevens or an Ash Smith. If Swallow did go to the Eagles Koby Stevens would want a trade in any case as that would be another inside mid he would be behind in the pecking order.

No way would that be enough for a player like David Swallow.

A first rounder from either Freo or WC would probably end up being in the late teens, plus a player that hasn't secured themselves in the WC team to date...

GC would not accept anything less than a proven gun + a first rounder for Swallow, who will be a top 10 player in a few years

No chance of this happening. Demetriou would personally step in and block it. He has way too much invested to let this one slide through to the keeper.

A first rounder from either Freo or WC would probably end up being in the late teens, plus a player that hasn't secured themselves in the WC team to date...

GC would not accept anything less than a proven gun + a first rounder for Swallow, who will be a top 10 player in a few years
Yep, gonna agree with this. Even though I doubt he would get traded, on the chance that he does a young fringe player + 1st round pick would never get accepted by us. North/Essendon supporters on their respective boards have thrown up similar options for Swallow/Caddy as well.

Had a laugh at this quote on his visitor wall.

Hey how come you have stopped making up rumours on the rumours board?

Don't let the fact that they are all wrong faze you as it's hard to get stuff right when you are just making it up.

So a proven gun for a yet to prove himself gun PLUS a first rounder?

Why would a club give up a proven gun plus a pick for an unproven 19 / 20 yr old potential young gun?

Why would a club give up more that what they are getting?

D Swallow is not Chris Judd......you do realise this.:cool:

As for picks in the teens, Luke Shuey pick 18, Jack Darling pick 26 I would rate equal if not better than what Swallow has shown to date.

No chance of this happening. Demetriou would personally step in and block it. He has way too much invested to let this one slide through to the keeper.

On the Couch tonight they discussed what GC and GWS need in the next couple of years. If GC keep getting flogged like they have in the first two rounds then young players out of contract will be attracting interest from the top 6 clubs and be thinking hard about a move to a club with a winning culture.

Lynch was saying its tough putting up with loss after loss.

They also said the clubs would be looking to trade out younger guns for established players in order to balance their list and get success.

Does anyone really think these two new teams will keep all their first round picks?

DAVID Swallow is set to sign a new deal that would see him remain at the Suns until 2014 and move into the top bracket of earners at the club.

Suns list manager Scott Clayton presented a contract offer to Swallow's manager, Colin Young, in Melbourne last week and anticipates it will be signed as early as this week.

The 19-year-old is already contracted until the end of 2013, but the Suns see Swallow as a future club captain and want him locked away on a long-term deal.

He is now on an AFL standard wage for second-year draftees, which will increase next year, but the Suns were more than happy to renegotiate a new deal that would see his salary increase considerably in 2013 and 2014.

There are also heavy incentive clauses around best and fairest finishes, All Australian selections and Brownlow Medal placings.

Suns CEO Travis Auld said the long-term deal provided security for both club and player.

"We are not too far off. Scott's reports back from the first conversation suggests we can do something very quickly," he said.

Perth-based Young is a tough negotiator with deep connections at both West Coast and Fremantle and is adept at using the "go home" factor as leverage in contract talks for his WA clients.

Coach Guy McKenna is a West Australian who knows better than most how strong the lure of a return to Perth can be for young players and is keen to remove any temptation.

Swallow played 21 of Gold Coast's 22 first-season games last year and was the standout among the club's younger players, with a fourth-place finish in the best and fairest behind skipper Gary Ablett and other senior recruits Nathan Bock and Michael Rischitelli.

One potential minefield for the Suns was avoided when Swallow's older brother, Andrew, was named North Melbourne captain this year.

The Suns and Kangaroos had always been wary that one of the WA clubs would attempt to lure the pair home to play alongside each other.

But the Roos had also made noises about trying to drag the younger Swallow to Arden St and David Swallow has previously confessed to a temptation to join his brother at the club he supported growing up.

Although that move now appears dead in the water, it was not from a lack of trying from Andrew Swallow, who mounted his own recruitment campaign.

"I'd love him to come - the aim would be to get him down," Andrew said recently.

"I'm not going anywhere so it is up to him now and I'll have to start putting a bit more pressure on him."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...contract-at-suns/story-e6frexx0-1226321076878

As for picks in the teens, Luke Shuey pick 18, Jack Darling pick 26 I would rate equal if not better than what Swallow has shown to date.

Who cares. Goodes was pick 43, would you take pick 43 for LeCras in the next draft? No, because pick 43 is usually a below average player.

If West Coast or Fremantle wanted Swallow, they'd need to give up a high first round pick or a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a proven gun for a yet to prove himself gun PLUS a first rounder?

Why would a club give up a proven gun plus a pick for an unproven 19 / 20 yr old potential young gun?

Why would a club give up more that what they are getting?

D Swallow is not Chris Judd......you do realise this.:cool:

I can see where your coming from, but Swallow has the POTENTIAL to become one of the best players in the game.

Whilst guys like Shuey and Darling have looked better than Swallow so far, Swallow will probably end up being better than both these guys.

It's not going to happen anyway, but its nice for WC to dream:p

Dime a dozen midfielder. Tom Swift. K thnx, done.

Id rather wait for Conilgio who is actually a serious threat to come home.

GC would ask for Nic Nat or Fyfe anyone that says different has rocks in their head. Both WA clubs would say no (rightly) GC will not just give him away and with GWS almost guarenteed to have pick 1 in the pre season draft GC would let him walk rather than give him away and get 2 first round compo picks.

Pointless anyway as he will resign with them

Tom Lynch
Josh Caddy
Josh Toy

They are the three most likely to leave I believe

Lynch re-signed until the end of 2014 in the beginning of February. Certainly doesn't seem too upset about being up here. ;)

Did not know that. Well done guy will be an absolute gun when he fills out in a few years.

Your club has done very well to secure most of your kids

Signed til 2012 and offered a extention til 2014.

No club offers a player a 1 year extension. Not even GC are that silly

Jared Polec and Pat Karnezis both got 1 year extensions last season.

I think it's pretty common place for youngsters.

Btw the price would be a Fyfe or Natanui

unfortunately for clubs losing players this isn't exactly true. West Coast for example was forced to deal with Port last year in the Ebert swap or risk losing him for free.

Andy D will try and stop him leaving even if he has to manipulate the AFL rules as he does all the time. Or if he cant stop it compensate GC17 substantially.

I can't imagine Swallow leaving just yet. Gets to learn his trade next to Ablett.

I think it's more likely that Bennell will leave end of year.
Coniglio could very well follow next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back