Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent performance by our bowlers.

However, our batting still concerns me, so India are not out of it.

It actually puts a downer on a wicket. Gutless umpiring

especially the ones that aren't even close. Seems like today they was just double checking them selves and not asking for it to be checked because it was in doubt.

Yeah, we should just ignore evidence and go with one persons split second judgement when making decisions based on laws, because after all, mistakes are a part of life :rolleyes:

Is he out LBW, yeah sure why not. Well he hit the cover off it but who cares, mistakes are a part of life.

Did he murder that guy, yeah sure why not, send him to jail. Oh you mean there's clear evidence he didn't? pfft stuff it, mistakes are a part of life.

How could anyone possibly argue that adjudicators getting things wrong in the face of clear evidence is good?

In sporting terms, yes mistakes should happen, by players and officials alike, it's called human error!!
As for your reference to murder, it's a cricket thread so get a grip

I like the player-run DRS but this no-ball review thing is a ****en joke. Siddle had the joy and excitement of taking his 100th test wicket taken away from him (albeit only briefly) by a gutless umpire and stupid rule.

He's right glacier- yes obviously umpires are human and they do make errors, but if we have technology to correct the decisions that are wrong, why would we not use it?
The comparison to murder was because cricket has laws as does society.
It had nothing to do with severity

The Lyon bashing on Bigfooty is at best short sighed and worst pathetic

Glad none of you morons are selectors...

You have to admit, he hasn't been threatening so far in this series. I expect if he gets a few more overs in the second innings he should fair a bit better. The conditions may suit another quick for the next test though.

India have the most overrated bating lineup in world cricket at the moment. There are about 3 or 4 batsmen in that team that don't deserve to be playing international cricket at the moment.

Not over rated, just out of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's right glacier- yes obviously umpires are human and they do make errors, but if we have technology to correct the decisions that are wrong, why would we not use it?

I just feel that the umpires themselves are on a hiding to nothing, quickly becoming irrelevant if continually second guessed

Thanks, you've taken away the effort required in writing my response:thumbsu:

In sporting terms, yes mistakes should happen, by players and officials alike, it's called human error!!
As for your reference to murder, it's a cricket thread so get a grip

Modern times and technology mean we don't need human error. That's what progress is about. Why make mistakes if you don't have to. That's just stupid and unnecessary. et decisions right then you don't get second-guessed. Besides umpires much prefer technology as they want the right decision made.

People who are satisfied with making errors are those who get no-where in life.

You have to admit, he hasn't been threatening so far in this series. I expect if he gets a few more overs in the second innings he should fair a bit better. The conditions may suit another quick for the next test though.
Hes suppose to be up against the greatest players of spin and expected to get carted at the same time

Around 3 an over isn't getting carted champ

For goodness sake let the kid learn his trait rather than hiding him & getting scared over a couple if innings

What is with you guys seriously

Hes suppose to be up against the greatest players of spin and get carted at the same time

Around 3 an over isn't getting carted champ

For goodness sake let the kid learn his trait rather than hiding him & getting scared over a couple if innings

Never said he was getting carted, just said he hasn't looked like taking a wicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back