Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Buckley should work on his personal relationship skills.

Not sure what Buckley has to do with a proposed trade being completely off the mark.

wont he? Im sure his contract runs out next season? last time I check he wasnt in contract talks with pies

Being out of contract doesn't automatically make him a free agent. Not til 2016.

And if we have to do a trade where the cost outweighs the benefit, we can also just walk away and try again next year.

If our only addition to our improving midfield from this year is Daniel Rich and Jack Redden, I think we will sleep ok.
This is where I think the club will think differently.

They are passing up getting an elite midfielder entering his prime...he is 24 and has 6 seasons of AA quality footy potentially ahead of him, and is a QUEENSLAND-AH!!

Not many high draft picks ever reach Beams level, yet people constantly over-value them.

Aish may plateau and become just an good ordinary footballer, pick4 may be another Leunberger.

The Lions have enough young speculative talent, they are crying out for a gun in their prime.

If Port received pick 9 and 16 for Burgoyne when Burgoyne was 27...the going rate for a 24 yr old Beams is higher than that.

If the Lions are prepared to offer him what 750K for 5 years than they clearly rate him, and Swann knows he will have to come to the table to get it done.

Nah, he's not. But tell me the other 29 better players out of interest.

Ablett
Selwood
Fyfe
Kennedy
Buddy
Hawkins
Taylor
Dangerfield
Watson
Pendlebury
Johnson
Mitchell
Hodge
Roughead
Hannebury
Rockliff
Mackenzie
Kennedy
N. Riewoldt
Griffen
Gibson
Cotchin
Martin
Boak
Wingard
Gray
Harvey
Dal Santo
Goddard
Jones
Pavlich

I would take all these players into a grand final tomorrow ahead of Beams. And then there are others on a similar level like Sloane, Jack, Libba, Heppell, Prestia, Lewis, Sidebottom, Shuey, Redden, Hartlett, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Deledio, McVeigh, Cunnington, Wells, Macrae, Treloar

Pendlebury, Ablett, Franklin, Fyfe, Selwood, Gray, Kennedy, Roughead, Taylor, Watson...all I could think of.

Ablett, Franklin, Fyfe, Selwood, Gray, Kennedy, Roughead, Taylor, Watson, N. Riewoldt, Rockliff, Jacobs, Sandilands, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Hodge, Pendlebury, Hawkins are all arguably better (or more important than) Beams.

Arguments can be made for Heppell, Hannebery, Griffen, Boak, Sloane, Gibson and Mundy.

EDIT: And others...

oh... out of contract next season makes it worse for the pies where they wont get automatic compensation for him. They should know if they think back to the luke ball situation

The Lions aren't going to do anything like that unless Collingwood were ludicrously unreasonable.

Footy clubs have long memories and the Pies would target us for the next 10 trade periods.

Pies supporters need to get there heads around the fact he is going. Club will let him go for the greater good of him and his family. He is worth a top 10 pick and a 10-20 or a player.
Also to pies supporters saying we don't want Luey we have grundy and witts LOL. Luey is meant to be one of the premium rucks in the comp. Short memories but is young and without injury is top 3 ruckman in comp. Witts and Grundy are serviceable at best

This guy got no idea. Bet you think Lindsay Thomas doesn't fake it either.

This is where I think the club will think differently.

They are passing up getting an elite midfielder entering his prime...he is 24 and has 6 seasons of AA quality footy potentially ahead of him, and is a QUEENSLAND-AH!!

Not many high draft picks ever reach Beams level, yet people constantly over-value them.

Aish may plateau and become just an good ordinary footballer, pick4 may be another Leunberger.

The Lions have enough young speculative talent, they are crying out for a gun in their prime.

If Port received pick 9 and 16 for Burgoyne when Burgoyne was 27...the going rate for a 24 yr old Beams is higher than that.

If the Lions are prepared to offer him what 750K for 5 years than they clearly rate him, and Swann knows he will have to come to the table to get it done.

No doubt but I suspect "fairness" is subjective. I'm repeating myself again but pick 4 is the centerpiece of the trade. There will be more but not top 10 player stuff.

Ablett
Selwood
Fyfe
Kennedy
Buddy
Hawkins
Taylor
Dangerfield
Watson
Pendlebury
Johnson
Mitchell
Hodge
Roughead
Hannebury
Rockliff
Mackenzie
Kennedy
N. Riewoldt
Griffen
Gibson
Cotchin
Martin
Boak
Wingard
Gray
Harvey
Dal Santo
Goddard

Jones
Pavlich

I would take all these players into a grand final tomorrow ahead of Beams. And then there are others on a similar level like Sloane, Jack, Libba, Heppell, Prestia, Lewis, Sidebottom, Shuey, Redden, Hartlett, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Deledio, McVeigh, Cunnington, Wells, Macrae, Treloar
What even is this? In what universe is Goddard or Wingard's production better than Beams? Leaving alone for a second that you think Macrae and Redden are on a similar level to Beams. This is without even looking at arguable selections in that list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett
Selwood
Fyfe
Kennedy
Buddy
Hawkins
Taylor
Dangerfield
Watson
Pendlebury
Johnson
Mitchell
Hodge
Roughead
Hannebury
Rockliff
Mackenzie
Kennedy
N. Riewoldt
Griffen
Gibson
Cotchin
Martin
Boak
Wingard
Gray
Harvey
Dal Santo
Goddard
Jones
Pavlich

You sir have also got no idea, do even watch AFL?

Beams won a B&F ahead of Pendlebury and Swan, you flog. Beams is in the top 5 mids in the comp easy, alongside players like Selwood and Ablett.

Beams won a B&F ahead of Pendlebury and Swan, you flog. Beams is in the top 5 mids in the comp easy, alongside players like Selwood and Ablett.
Not quite, but he's certainly much better than Josh Gibson and the variety of other players that have been cobbled together in that list. I mean, Macrae's production similar to Beams - have I been watching a different code of football?

And if we have to do a trade where the cost outweighs the benefit, we can also just walk away and try again next year.

If our only addition to our improving midfield from this year is Daniel Rich and Jack Redden, I think we will sleep ok.

It's an interesting appraisal you have provided but it's very much a subjective interpretation.

Positing the whole situation as a "problem" for Brisbane is a bit much. One club has a problem here and it isn't us.

There is certainly some problematic aspects with suggestions from Brisbane supporters that Brisbane can obtain Beams for second round picks or just pick 4.

What part of this is subjective?:
  1. Beams wants to go to Queensland NOW.
  2. Beams is still contracted to another team NOW.
  3. If Brisbane want Beams they must meet the demands of that other team.
  4. Gold Coast could match any low-ball Brisbane offer
  5. Even if Beams leaves end of 2015, he cannot be picked up via free agency by Brisbane and by then Beams may not want to move to Queensland.

Beams is going to discover his great grandfather had an accountant who once met someone from Sydney. So naturally he will need to go home to NSW. Of course being very fair he will ask his club for a trade to any AFL team in the entire state of NSW that is a premiership contender. It should be smooth and painless.

Sydney will in fact be so kind and in an act of generosity and good faith they will offer a 3rd round pick and Ryan O'Keefe.
Actually I think he might have distant relatives in WA and we have a doctor who reckons everyone's health improves when living in a pad overlooking Scarborough Beach and breathing in the clean ocean air.:)

What even is this? In what universe is Goddard or Wingard's production better than Beams? Leaving alone for a second that you think Macrae and Redden are on a similar level to Beams. This is without even looking at arguable selections in that list.

Lol Wingard has the same amount of AA's as Dayne Beams and had a down year, but has a better track record of big games than Beams already. Goddard also was having a great year until he missed games through injury/suspension. Would still pick him in a grand final over Beams.

You are having a laugh. Top 5 mid in the comp alongside Selwood and Ablett? LMFAO. Joel Corey won a B&F ahead of Ablett too. I guess he was top 5 mid in the comp when he was playing? Idiotic logic

Ablett
Selwood
Fyfe
Kennedy
Buddy
Hawkins
Taylor
Dangerfield
Watson
Pendlebury
Johnson
Mitchell
Hodge
Roughead
Hannebury
Rockliff
Mackenzie
Kennedy
N. Riewoldt
Griffen
Gibson
Cotchin
Martin
Boak
Wingard
Gray
Harvey
Dal Santo
Goddard
Jones
Pavlich

Pavlich/Sidebottom/Jones/Harvey/Dal Santo/Riewoldt/Johnson/Sloane/Prestia/Lewis/Shuey/Redden/Hartlett/Mundy/Barlow/Hill/Deledio/McVeigh/Cunnington/Wells/Macrae/Terloar

are not better players than Beams right now.

Some are equal, some could be, some were, but if an impartial AFL follower was going into Saturday's GF not many of those players would actually be selected ahead of Beams. Except by you of course.

Lol Wingard has the same amount of AA's as Dayne Beams and had a down year, but has a better track record of big games than Beams already. Goddard also was having a great year until he missed games through injury/suspension. Would still pick him in a grand final over Beams.c
Number of AA's doesn't = quality of player. I suppose Lumumba is on a level footing with them both as well?
Wingard was also really dominant in that big game prelim...
Neither of those players have a consistent level of production at the level of Beams. Anyway, you take Macrae and Sidebottom and Gibson, I'll take Sloane and Beams, like the other 99% of people who watch football.

The Lions aren't going to do anything like that unless Collingwood were ludicrously unreasonable.

Footy clubs have long memories and the Pies would target us for the next 10 trade periods.

Not suggesting they will... just that his trade value will drop some what if he was out of contract. This year the Lions have pick 4 and if Beams walks it will likely be the best time to trade him. Pies fan should be happy that Lions actually have a great pick to put on the table

You are kidding yourself if you think Rockliff is on Beams level.
I REALLY don't like it when people put words in my mouth...

Beams is not "a significantly better player" than Rockliff. He is marginally better at best. Rockliff is an absolute gun and elite - YOU are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Brisbane would offer you a fourth round pick for the reigning Brownlow Medallist.

I have a condition that I can't read the word that comes after the word 'fourth' so I'll take this deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back