Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol so we have figured out in the last 24 hours that Lion supporters do not want Lester, Crisp and Leunberger

We are happy to throw in the Beams trade Yagmoor and Clarke

Anyone who thinks that Lions fans don't rate Leuenberger only have to read our board.

Appears you are damned either way here. Offer up a player that you actually rate under the acceptance that you need to give up something you value to get value... and then you get responses like the above.

Going to be a long trade period.

We have found out that Brisbane play both sides of the fence.

Smash the "go home 5" because they want to go home but happily welcome a player who wants to go home.

How did we "smash" the Go Home 5? All of them got to their chosen clubs for unders and minimal fuss or obstruction from the club.

If one player tweeting about "mummies boys" and one other player tweeting about the fairness of 20 year old players nominating specific clubs is "smashing them" then well... shit.

I award you no points...

you get less when a player is desperate to leave, simple. We have been bent over a barrel for years at the trade table. Now it's payback time.
You get less if an unproven youngster who is out of contract wants to leave, as you risk him walking out for nothing.

Beams is an established gun who is contracted, Brisbane can't get him unless they actually trade for him.

To trade for him will require paying market value. The market for a 24 AA and BnF winning mid is pretty high. If Brisbane don't come to the party they won't get Beams.

How did we "smash" the Go Home 5? All of them got to their chosen clubs for unders and minimal fuss or obstruction from the club.

If one player tweeting about "mummies boys" and one other player tweeting about the fairness of 20 year old players nominating specific clubs is "smashing them" then well... shit.

I award you no points...

Not surprised you didn't respond to my earlier post asking what part of my post was subjective.

Smashed, Whinged call it what you like. Your supporters have whinged over the past 12 months about it.

Not surprised you didn't respond to my earlier post asking what part of my post was subjective.

Smashed, Whinged call it what you like. Your supporters have whinged over the past 12 months about it.

Okay so we have gone from Brisbane "smashing the go home 5" to "supporters whinging about them".

Shifted the goal posts significantly there.

If the sum total of your point in that seemingly swagger heavy post was that people like it when players come to their club and dislike it when players leave, then you win the Captain Obvious trophy.

Collingwood fans were presumably happy to get Taylor Adams and were disappointed to lose Wellingham. By your logic they are hypocrites right?

Collingwood fans were presumably happy to get Taylor Adams and were disappointed to lose Wellingham. By your logic they are hypocrites right?
Collingwood fans being happy doesn't matter...what was traded does.

Wellingham wanting to go home didn't mean we accepted nothing for him, we received pick 17.

Jolly telling Sydney he was going home didn't mean we got him cheap, Poes gave up our 1st and 3rd round picks for a 28 yr old ruck...who never reached the heights Beams already has.

The Lions fans somehow thinking they have landed Beams and will somehow get him for 'unders' simply goes against all recent trading history.

If a successful trade is to go through it will have to appease both clubs and be market value...the market for a 24yr old AA quality mid is pretty high.

Okay so we have gone from Brisbane "smashing the go home 5" to "supporters whinging about them".

Shifted the goal posts significantly there.

If the sum total of your point in that seemingly swagger heavy post was that people like it when players come to their club and dislike it when players leave, then you win the Captain Obvious trophy.

No significant change. Semantics only.

Collingwood fans were not happy when Heath Shaw or Dale Thomas left and were less thrilled with getting Jordan Russell, Cameron Wood or Leigh Brown.

No, Brisbane are getting a very good established player. The players that left were not very good established players.

Anyone who thinks that Lions fans don't rate Leuenberger only have to read our board.

Appears you are damned either way here. Offer up a player that you actually rate under the acceptance that you need to give up something you value to get value... and then you get responses like the above.

Going to be a long trade period.
1. I actually rate Luenberger FWIW
2. Maybe offer up players who have played more than 10 games a year the past 3 years
3. Consider what another club actually needs/wants. Just because Luenberger is a reasonably good player doesn't mean he fits our list

Collingwood fans being happy doesn't matter...what was traded does.

Wellingham wanting to go home didn't mean we accepted nothing for him, we received pick 17.

Jolly telling Sydney he was going home didn't mean we got him cheap, Poes gave up our 1st and 3rd round picks for a 28 yr old ruck...who never reached the heights Beams already has.

The Lions fans somehow thinking they have landed Beams and will somehow get him for 'unders' simply goes against all recent trading history.

If a successful trade is to go through it will have to appease both clubs and be market value...the market for a 24yr old AA quality mid is pretty high.

This has absolutely no relevence to the conversation I was having. It was claimed that Brisbane fans are somehow hypocritical for being excited about getting Beams on account of us being disappointed to lose players last year. Pretty ridiculous eh?

If you are trying to some how associate me with "we've got you bastards over the barrel" comments made by a small minority of Lions posters... Don't.

1. I actually rate Luenberger FWIW
2. Maybe offer up players who have played more than 10 games a year the past 3 years
3. Consider what another club actually needs/wants. Just because Luenberger is a reasonably good player doesn't mean he fits our list

Also utterly irrelevant to the conversation I was having. I was simply contesting BEEG's derpish "Brisbane fans want to get rid of Leuenberger" logic.

Ablett
Selwood
Fyfe
Kennedy
Buddy
Hawkins
Taylor
Dangerfield
Watson
Pendlebury
Johnson
Mitchell
Hodge
Roughead
Hannebury
Rockliff
Mackenzie
Kennedy
N. Riewoldt
Griffen
Gibson
Cotchin
Martin
Boak
Wingard
Gray
Harvey
Dal Santo
Goddard
Jones
Pavlich

I would take all these players into a grand final tomorrow ahead of Beams. And then there are others on a similar level like Sloane, Jack, Libba, Heppell, Prestia, Lewis, Sidebottom, Shuey, Redden, Hartlett, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Deledio, McVeigh, Cunnington, Wells, Macrae, Treloar

In the last 3 seasons Beams has averaged 29 touches, 6 clearances and over a goal a game. Absolutely elite numbers and ridiculous when he is not ahead of players on your list like Mackenzie, Gibson, Cotchin, Martin, Wingard, Dal Santo, Goddard & Jones.

One of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams wants to come to us... we aren't actively out bidding you contract wise. He desperately wants to get traded home for his sick dad. Collingwood just don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Collingwood will get a good deal, but you ain't getting the farm. Doesn't benefit us at all to get rid of two out and out A grade assets for one. Has to benefit both teams here. If not, we will see you next year ;)

Beams wants to come to us... we aren't actively out bidding you contract wise. He desperately wants to get traded home for his sick dad. Collingwood just don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Collingwood will get a good deal, but you ain't getting the farm. Doesn't benefit us at all to get rid of two out and out A grade assets for one. Has to benefit both teams here. If not, we will see you next year ;)

Ask yourself if the shoe was on the other foot and Rockliff had a year to go on his contract but had requested to go back to Victoria, what would you see as adequate compensation?

What two A grade assets are you referring to?

Pick 4- which is just a number without a face?

There is only one A grade asset in this transaction so far and that is Dayne Beams, plain and simple.

Ask yourself if the shoe was on the other foot and Rockliff had a year to go on his contract but had requested to go back to Victoria, what would you see as adequate compensation?
If his dad was dying from cancer and he asked to go home... if it ended up being a top 5 pick and something else respectable then I'd accept it with a grain salt. You can't only trade if you get the farm in these circumstances. Sure to begin with ask for overs, but in reality, you have to accept it's going to be a trade for less than you'd like. Imagen if you force him to stay when we offered a decent deal and his dad dies while he is in Melbourne. That's something that cannot be allowed to happen on your part. As I said, if it did... good luck getting more in a trade next year.

This question has been put up a few times...obviously alot. But more importantely Lions fans wouldnt want him gone at all. The pies problem is that beams wants out, and you guys are lucky that the Lions have pick 4 to help get a suitable trade deal as best you can. No one likes to see their young stars want out... A team that has a player quit rarely if ever wins in these situations, but at least the Pies can get a great pick and prob a bit extra to lessen the blow :)

very interested in how this plays out. Collingwood have always been quite ruthless at the trade table....not often they are the underdogs. When they are, they always salvage a good deal for themselves. (17 for wellingham LOL)
We won't let the AFL community down

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back