Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

If Luenberger was so good not every Brisbane supporter would throw his name up in a trade with Crisp

Pick 4 and another first rounder or we look like dogs and keep him love Beams but the bloke is 24 and a star
Nah, we already have Martin, then we'll just take Paddy Ryder, 2 elite rucks is good enough

No doubt but I suspect "fairness" is subjective. I'm repeating myself again but pick 4 is the centerpiece of the trade. There will be more but not top 10 player stuff.
Beams if he lands at Brisbane immediately sits alongside Rockliff as the clubs best player.

Easiest way for a Brisbane fan to work out a realistic trade is to figure out what would be acceptable to compensate Rockliff leaving.

Number of AA's doesn't = quality of player. I suppose Lumumba is on a level footing with them both as well?
Wingard was also really dominant in that big game prelim...
Neither of those players have a consistent level of production at the level of Beams. Anyway, you take Macrae and Sidebottom and Gibson, I'll take Sloane and Beams, like the other 99% of people who watch football.
Jesus I'm not saying beams is shite, I would still take him and on the drafts and trading board I equated his value to a number one draft pick. The players I mentioned after I don't believe to be better, but as you said they could be argued to a degree. I think the players in my main list are better, Johnson is a quality player who has played ultra football for many years now, Wingard is 21 and could be anything. Beams is a jet but don't kid yourself he is on Pendles / Selwood level, maybe another couple seasons like 2012 then yeah

Jesus I'm not saying beams is shite, I would still take him and on the drafts and trading board I equated his value to a number one draft pick. The players I mentioned after I don't believe to be better, but as you said they could be argued to a degree. I think the players in my main list are better, Johnson is a quality player who has played ultra football for many years now, Wingard is 21 and could be anything. Beams is a jet but don't kid yourself he is on Pendles / Selwood level, maybe another couple seasons like 2012 then yeah
But presently is not better than Beams. I know he's not Pendlebury/Selwood level at this stage But they are top 5 in the comp. What is ultra football? (genuine question)

But presently is not better than Beams. I know he's not Pendlebury/Selwood level at this stage But they are top 5 in the comp. What is ultra football? (genuine question)
Tracking better at the same age though.
As in Johnson has played at an ultra consistent high level level since 2007 rarely putting in bad seasons, similar to like Dane Swan over that period with this year being his only below par one.

Easiest way for a Brisbane fan to work out a realistic trade is to figure out what would be acceptable to compensate Rockliff leaving.[/QUOTE]

Not really, Rockliff doesn't want out of Brisbane and is not forcing a trade. Also Rockliff gets on well with his coach.

Tracking better at the same age though.
As in Johnson has played at an ultra consistent high level level since 2007 rarely putting in bad seasons, similar to like Dane Swan over that period with this year being his only below par one.
Beams hasn't put in bad season either...
So half that list is there because they have the potential to be better than Beams... but Beams own potential isn't acknowledged when compared to 30 year olds....

Beams if he lands at Brisbane immediately sits alongside Rockliff as the clubs best player.

Easiest way for a Brisbane fan to work out a realistic trade is to figure out what would be acceptable to compensate Rockliff leaving.
Remember blues fans on here when Rockliffe hadn't resigned that he was worth like Pick 9 or 12 or whatever it was at the time. That was before last year i think then he got 20 brownlow votes last year? So on carltons logic pick 12 cool? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year the demons offered pick 2 for Rockliff... but he wasnt on the trade table nor requested to leave...ie Rockliff aint going no where. Lions can offer pick 4 so arent far off, plus most if not all lions fans recognise that it will take a little extra to get over the line. That little extra wont be one of the Lions best young kids though. Trade seems reasonablly straight forward to me...the lions dont have to go shopping around for a top pick as they already have one

Not really, Rockliff doesn't want out of Brisbane and is not forcing a trade. Also Rockliff gets on well with his coach.[/QUOTE]
???
The reason for leaving doesn't factor in. WCE didn't accept nothing because Judd wanted to go home, neither did Port when Burgoyne left...they are the two big player trades that occurred recently.

To help a Brisbane fan work out an equitable trade, it is what they would accept as compensation if Rockliff left (ie Brisbane's best comparison to Beams).

Not really, Rockliff doesn't want out of Brisbane and is not forcing a trade. Also Rockliff gets on well with his coach.
???
The reason for leaving doesn't factor in. WCE didn't accept nothing because Judd wanted to go home, neither did Port when Burgoyne left...they are the two big player trades that occurred recently.

To help a Brisbane fan work out an equitable trade, it is what they would accept as compensation if Rockliff left (ie Brisbane's best comparison to Beams).
Pick 4 and Ryan Lester would do in that case

Remember blues fans on here when Rockliffe hadn't resigned that he was worth like Pick 9 or 12 or whatever it was at the time. That was before last year i think then he got 20 brownlow votes last year? So on carltons logic pick 12 cool? ;)
Another club's view of what would have got it done doesn't matter...Brisbane wouldn't take pick 12 and a Brissy fan would rightly laugh it off.

Two top 10 picks (or equivalent) would be required....Pies traded Tarrant when he was 27 for pick 8 and Medhurst for fecks sake.

Beams value is more than that of guys like Burgoyne and Tarrant...the Lions (G.Swann anyway) will be acutely aware of this.

No club gets fair compensation in these situations, just the way it is.

Beams has had baggage since the day he was drafted.. Collingwood knew it, they took the risk.

Yep... at least the Pies would get a top pick off the Lions. Look at the rubbish picks the lions got from our go home 5 (thank god we drafted well). Teams losing the player rarely win out of this... Pies will at least get something real good in return

Yep... at least the Pies would get a top pick off the Lions. Look at the rubbish picks the lions got from our go home 5 (thank god we drafted well). Teams losing the player rarely win out of this... Pies will at least get something real good in return
Except the go home 5 had proved nothing and most hadn't done anything at AFL level and they weren't contracted either.

Lol so we have figured out in the last 24 hours that Lion supporters do not want Lester, Crisp and Leunberger

We are happy to throw in the Beams trade Yagmoor and Clarke

you get less when a player is desperate to leave, simple. We have been bent over a barrel for years at the trade table. Now it's payback time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back