Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLLINGWOOD will demand a player of the calibre of Adelaide’s Patrick Dangerfield if they lose Dayne Beams to Brisbane.
The Pies will fight to retain Beams, who wants to move home close to his sick father, but are long odds to keep the 24-year-old.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...lockbuster-trade/story-e6frf3e3-1227070763346

Just reiterates what I've been saying in that we need that marquee player to stay competitive, but more so to remain a power house in terms of membership and turnover.

Very happy to see this article which obviously should be taken with a grain of salt, but none the less what most of us have been thinking

COLLINGWOOD will demand a player of the calibre of Adelaide’s Patrick Dangerfield if they lose Dayne Beams to Brisbane.
The Pies will fight to retain Beams, who wants to move home close to his sick father, but are long odds to keep the 24-year-old.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...lockbuster-trade/story-e6frf3e3-1227070763346
It says in that article that Dayne has told Collingwood that he will only go to Brisbane.
Now if this is true you have to wonder if his real motives are to be next to his father.
Surely if he wants to be with his father he shouldn't be insisting that it is Brisbane.

Well none of them will be at the club next year so you're probably right :) 2 have been delisted and 1 hasn't been offered a contract

We're well aware of that. A number of your fellow Lions posters have been peddling those names all day and its starting to really wear thin!

It says in that article that Dayne has told Collingwood that he will only go to Brisbane.
Now if this is true you have to wonder if his real motives are to be next to his father.
Surely if he wants to be with his father he shouldn't be insisting that it is Brisbane.
Was just about to post this.

inb4 people attempt to justify it by saying thats his father's wish.....

Or it's especially important to his father that he sees the two boys play together?

Or it's especially important to his father that he sees the two boys play together?
Honestly I couldn't give a f**k if it is important to his father. Is our club now being run on the wishes of players fathers.
If he wants to go to Qld to be near his dad then I have no problem with this.
If he starts insisting that he goes to Brisbane then the whole thing is a load of Bullsh*t and he is after the cash.

And the last part of the story?

McGuire said yesterday the Pies were not suspicious of Beams’ motives, despite Brisbane offering him a five-year $4 million deal before he told Collingwood. “I am keenly aware of his personal situation. It is all about his personal situation. These are bigger stakes than to use it as leverage to leave the club,’’ he said. “If someone came in and tried to use it as leverage we would use the law and contracts in our favour. This is a humanitarian situation and we will approach it that way.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I couldn't give a f**k if it is important to his father. Is our club now being run on the wishes of players fathers.
If he wants to go to Qld to be near his dad then I have no problem with this.
If he starts insisting that he goes to Brisbane then the whole thing is a load of Bullsh*t and he is after the cash.

Just because his father may want that doesn't mean it will play out that way anyway.

Take yourself there. It's not my fault we are falling in to the biggest mess I've ever seen. It's NOT my fault but maybe blaming the fans makes you feel better about it!
But it is your fault. It's the power of social media and negativity that railroads others into believing utter rubbish. It's complete lies that are sprawled across these boards and news articles that give a perception of the club being in the biggest mess.

The best indicator of a clubs health is through it's membership numbers, annual turnover and on field performances which are obviously all linked.

It is negativity and consistently pushing your ideology of a failed club that chatters momentum with the lazy and I'll informed.

It'll be interesting to see how Essendons membership and turnover numbers are next year.

If Beams does decide to leave, we should trade with GC. Stuff Brisbane. GC have much more talent available to pick from. Any Brisbane player of value (no more then 3-4 players) they will not trade.

That's what it says but I'll take that with a grain of salt. But if he was to start making demands about Brisbane only, especially when his dad is closer to GC and Dayne's presence would most likely knock his brother out of the side, you have to say the gloves are off and we'll play ****ing hard.

But it is your fault. It's the power of social media and negativity that railroads others into believing utter rubbish. It's complete lies that are sprawled across these boards and news articles that give a perception of the club being in the biggest mess.

The best indicator of a clubs health is through it's membership numbers, annual turnover and on field performances which are obviously all linked.

It is negativity and consistently pushing your ideology of a failed club that chatters momentum with the lazy and I'll informed.

It'll be interesting to see how Essendons membership and turnover numbers are next year.
I've never told a lie or written anything I didn't actually believe. That's the difference with people trolling saying we are going to win the flag with a shite list or believing what is really going on.

For me it's the irony, Dayne departs and Mitch arrives.

I've never told a lie or written anything I didn't actually believe. That's the difference with people trolling saying we are going to win the flag with a shite list or believing what is really going on.
If you've never told a lie you're either lying or Harry O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back