Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why a lot of people have turned on him on the back of not attending the BnF. It is looking like Brisbane aren't willing to fold so his only hope to get what he wants is if we do. Not attending the BnF was a tactic to try and get us to back down from our position, which from what Hine said the other day they saw right through. I hope Beamsy dominates next year if he is with us and wish him all the best at Brisbane if the club can get a deal that satisfies our needs.

I don't get why a lot of people have turned on him on the back of not attending the BnF. It is looking like Brisbane aren't willing to fold so his only hope to get what he wants is if we do. Not attending the BnF was a tactic to try and get us to back down from our position, which from what Hine said the other day they saw right through. I hope Beamsy dominates next year if he is with us and wish him all the best at Brisbane if the club can get a deal that satisfies our needs.
Hmmm interesting delusion.

Beams gave his club and his team mates the finger, publicly and crudely.
Only Thomas deserves more scorn.

I hate this kind of thinking.

It's weak and soft. In fact I would go as far as to say it is pathetic.

Beams is a contracted player with Collingwood. He owes his employer fiduciary duties to act in Collignwood's best interests. Not in the interest of other parties.

If anything, any active influence by Beams to weaken Collingwood (his employer) is a breach of an implied term of his contract.

If Beams had acted like a man and attended the Copeland then the deal would probably already be done, but ignoring the Copeland and his team mates to be a pr!ck has soured (to say the least ) many supporters opinion of him (going from a perennial favorite to one of the most hated - second only to Thomas who went to the enemy).

My business sense tells me we should take what we can get and shun the little pr!ck but my anger goads me towards playing hardball.

Beams is much worse than Thomas IMO.

I wonder what the feeling would be amongst that group. I'd imagine football matters would be left right alone.

Those boys don't seem to care as much as us that's for sure :p

But why not?? Surely fair all round, just need to convince GWS that Treloar is worth Pick 5 and 25/Patfull which imo it is. He wants to return home so why not???

Treloar might end up being better than Pendles some day. Pick 5, 25 and Hackfull is a joke.

LOL but Brisbane are the enemy too. I just think that all things considered Beams is much worse.
Lol Mighty I don't know about you but I turned 60 recently and have been a supporter for over half a century now so I lived through the '70's -can't remember much about them though lol - except those GF loses to the scum and their everlasting arrogance ever since.

NOTHING and NOBODY is worse than the scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need your help ...

... am I imagining things when I see the poll question explicitly state "(opposition respondents will get carded)" ?

Is this hidden from others? Is this ambiguous? Does it use words that people don't know the meaning of?

This is not a dig at you, its a dig directed at the 6 Brisbane posters will get carded when us mods can find a spare few minutes to get around to it.
I can see it. How many of the 6 did you get?

I hate this kind of thinking.

It's weak and soft. In fact I would go as far as to say it is pathetic.

Beams is a contracted player with Collingwood. He owes his employer fiduciary duties to act in Collingwood's best interests. Not in the interest of other parties.

If anything, any active influence by Beams to weaken Collingwood (his employer) is a breach of an implied term of his contract.

Take that case to court we wouldn't win. I just don't see the need to completely turn on one of our better players because he didn't attend a club function. One thing is for sure I bet come next year the playing staff and the coaches couldn't care less.

On another note it is kind of interesting he is holidaying with Young who is supposedly one of Bucks favorites.

Take that case to court we wouldn't win. I just don't see the need to completely turn on one of our better players because he didn't attend a club function. One thing is for sure I bet come next year the playing staff and the coaches couldn't care less.

On another note it is kind of interesting he is holidaying with Young who is supposedly one of Bucks favorites.
Lol on court cases, its sport not court.
As for turning on him, its hard to turn your back on a player who has already turned his back on you (giving you the finger over his shoulder).

I know it'll hurt but the longer this goes on the more I'm starting to come around to the idea of involving Greenwood. We take Greenwood,5 and 25 (assuming Hine thinks he can do something with those picks) and Brissie get a move on with Patfull and come up with a package for Kangas involving whatever they get for him .

It's a worst case (no replacement gun player) and sets us back but it's better than the alternative IMHO. Go troppo on FA next year.

Lol on court cases, its sport not court.
As for turning on him, its hard to turn your back on a player who has already turned his back on you (giving you the finger over his shoulder).
I'm not the one talking about fiduciary duty and breach of contract

Beams is much worse than Thomas IMO.

I disagree. Beams has been on much less money and performed to a much higher standard, for longer periods without injury other than the one big injury he had. Thomas was on huge money to spend half his time on the treatment table and pissed off at the first opportunity. Beams also didn't string us along for eighteen months only to publicly lie saying he was staying only to go to our mortal enemy two weeks later. Further, Thomas went from Collingwood to Carlton, not back to Queensland where he grew up and his family are.

People have shorter memories. Beams is a much better player and has more of a rat bag profile so people are far less forgiving.

Beams is my favourite player and I am more disappointed to lose him but I have next to no respect left at all for Daisy.

Last edited:
I know it'll hurt but the longer this goes on the more I'm starting to come around to the idea of involving Greenwood. We take Greenwood,5 and 25 (assuming Hine thinks he can do something with those picks) and Brissie get a move on with Patfull and come up with a package for Kangas involving whatever they get for him .

It's a worst case (no replacement gun player) and sets us back but it's better than the alternative IMHO. Go troppo on FA next year.
Not sure why anyone would expect anything to get done until Friday at minimum.
The Lions would be dumb to fold until absolutely neccessary, if they are willing to concede and give us what we want.
Personally I hope they don't and we can find an alternative trade. It would give me no end of enjoyment to see the angst on the Lions board if they manage to **** this one up :D

Lol Mighty I don't know about you but I turned 60 recently and have been a supporter for over half a century now so I lived through the '70's -can't remember much about them though lol - except those GF loses to the scum and their everlasting arrogance ever since.

NOTHING and NOBODY is worse than the scum.

Happy birthday jonbe and welcome back.

Not sure why anyone would expect anything to get done until Friday at minimum.
The Lions would be dumb to fold until absolutely neccessary, if they are willing to concede and give us what we want.
Personally I hope they don't and we can find an alternative trade. It would give me no end of enjoyment to see the angst on the Lions board if they manage to **** this one up :D

I agree . And I wasn't implying I expect something to have been done - more the longer this (discussion) goes on. I certainly agree - we stick to our guns on a player , but if it comes down to it I think the suggested trade is not great , but bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back