Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anyone knows what was offered to either Marco or Dayne.

pretty sure we know both
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/marco-paparone-watches-his-father-battles-cancer/2316859/
http://www.rippa.com/category/afl/d...ingwood-to-return-to-queensland-201409240028/
pretty sure marco is the one insinuating that our club doesn't care about its players when he doesn't know the full situation

It's been said 100 times if proximity to his father was the only thing thing this trade was about then he would accept a trade to Gold Coast. The counter that Beams Dad wants to see his sons play together is irrelevant. Every father who has kids in the AFL would like to see their sons play together but sometimes that is just not realistic. Just because someone has cancer doesn't mean you get to hold everyone emotionally hostage.

So am I, but that hasn't stopped me refreshing this thread every 15 minutes for the past 5 days... I'm so boned for my exams next week!!

Answer the questions carefully, your career depends on this!

No cheating!

Your time starts now ...

Q1: Which Collingwood official rang Swann to impose the 5pm Friday deadline?

Q2: What did Buckley state that Collingwood would be seeking as compensation for losing Beams?

Q3: Name the 3 mates Beams is travelling with over the trade period?

Q4: What position did Beams finish in this year's Copeland?

Q5: Name the pub that Beams was allegedly drinking at on Copeland night?

Q6: What did Beams threaten to do to a fan on Instagram this week?

Q7: Dayne Beams was not the only one to drop a bombshell on their club, fly off to the US to leave the mess behind, and then find that what they wanted fell through ... Name another person this happened to over the last week.

Q8: Which club did Paul Conners, Beams' player manager tell "this deal is not for you".

Q9: Name Brisbane's list manager

Q10: Who tweeted that Pendles wants out of Collingwood?

Brisbane players are all *******s. Last year on twitter they are bagging out all the uncontracted blokes who left the club to go home and then bag Collingwood for not letting Beams go home. Even though he is what they would call a mummies boy and a sook.
Surely that flog Rocko has something to say about this.

For context, Marco lost his Dad to cancer recently.

That's fine - he'd get anyone's sympathies for that. I've had a parent fade away and die due to cancer and it's a bloody hard thing to live through / with. Having said that it doesn't give him leave to play that sympathy card in an attempt to use his own circumstance as a platform to insinuate that Collingwood doesn't have Dayne's "best interests" at heart because we're not willing to accept the one and only offer that the Lions have made in the trade.

This is simply a case of the Lions deliberately trying to take advantage of Dayne's situation to pressure us into giving him up for a price that they are fully aware is well below what he is worth as an AA-calibre midfielder, out of some misbegotten desire to soothe supporter angst over the situation that played out in 2013 which came about from a set of circumstances that were ENTIRELY of the clubs own making (due to the disgraceful mess in the off-field administration of the club).

In the end though you're looking at two sides of the same coin - you only want to give up picks, we want a player and a pick.

I'm sure if a suitable player had been discussed then we would have given ground on pick 5 - to be honest it's been almost laughable to see Brisbane supporters claim they on one hand can't possibly trade players they want to keep because it will affect the "culture" at the club, while on the other hand they are perfectly willing and able to offer up fringe players like Lester and Crisp (which is hypocritical to the extreme).

Shitty tactics and amateurish attempts to play it out in the media (and sometimes on social media) are all that we've seen come out of these muppets at your club so far (perhaps even going as far as getting in Beams' ear about the possibility of crossing over on a fat contract offer at some point during the 2014 season) - please excuse our club if they're not willing to accommodate your club in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a bit juvenile that a professional sporting clubs senior coach & it's players are providing a running commentary on an active trading period. IMO unprofessional and unnecessary.
As for the actual trade, I'd say it's Brisbanes loss as they are now banking their hopes that Beams walks out next year in the PSD & they nab him for zilch. All well & good but you rarely get a chance to land a big fish in your tenure as a coach so I hope Leppo doesn't go down in history as the guy who came oh so close. Words are cheap Brisbane, u better perform next year or Twitter will be your worst enemy. #walkthewalk

Annoys me that the club considered 5, 21 and 25. Would of been furious with that.
Fact is lions tried to pay as least as possible for a guy who would of been their highest paid player.
No matter what they try and cone back with now i would say no on principle, we gave them a week to organise a fair trade, they elected to try and blackmail us by using the sympathy card when that clearly isnt the major issue.

Apparently collingwood tried to work a 5 way deal,it fell through late on friday

I know I am coming late to this party, but, that statement from the club was ****ing BRILLIANT!!!
I am in awe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back