Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not going to be a great side. Top 4 seems unattainable on what we know currently.

That said, we still have a lot of quality on this list, so much so that we should be challenging the likes of RICH, ESS, GCS, WCE & ADL for spots 6, 7 & 8.

Take away your premiership HB & FB for the majority of the season and watch most teams struggle.

How would Geelong do if you remove Lonergan and Taylor for most of the season?

From a list perspective, i have no real issues right now.

My issue all along this season has been the injuries, not game plans, free agency, trades etc.

That's the real issue, which everyone is forgetting. If we stay healthy, we will be a good team.

Anyone suggesting bottom 2-4 is going full 'THATSGOLD' imo.
Agree with most of this post although I'll reserve judgement on the bolded bit! :thumbsu:

MM was an experienced coach whilst Bucks is a rookie. Add to that the destabilisation that was caused by Mick's parting shots and significant player availability issues and I think that Bucks has done OK without setting the world on fire. Time of course will tell but comparing the MM situation with the Bucks situation makes no sense at all.
And I didn't to start with Pie, however others brought up the point MM had ten years. Yes MM didn't help with his maniacal ego centric parting rantings, however 2015 will make it four seasons ago. However on face value at least, Nathan isn't setting the world on fire. Time will tell. You would have to be particularly optimistic to think things were progressing swimmingly at this point.

So you think that I am so in tune with the club's strategies that an answer I would give to such a question is actually worth reading? Frankly I have given as much as I am prepared to based on what I know. If I knew more I would be happy to give you more but as it stands I am happy to allow other people to express their opinion as fact if that is what makes them happy!

That's pathetic you're accepting the deal and then copping out by saying "I'm not in tune with the inner workings".

You have to ask questions of the people making decisions or we'll continue to spiral down the ladder!

Bringing in Varcoe is a shit move and in no way improves us especially if we had to use money from Beams moving to do it.

And I didn't to start with Pie, however others brought up the point MM had ten years. Yes MM didn't help with his maniacal ego centric parting rantings, however 2015 will make it four seasons ago. However on face value at least, Nathan isn't setting the world on fire. Time will tell. You would have to be particularly optimistic to think things were progressing swimmingly at this point.
Just as you'd have to be delusional to expect more from a rookie coach than 2 finals appearances in 3 years in the face of significant issues around personnel.

I don't think optimistic's the word.
If Bucks was from any other club I'm pretty sure the people that are backing him would be calling for his head already.

It wont be, it will be us giving them picks. They hav nothing left after using 3rd and 4th rounders on academy and f/s.
Im ruddy fuming. We should of got 2 first rounders for beams

Why should we give them picks their the ones who are getting Beams. Or are they asking for a pick for Crisp as he's one of the untouchables.

Didn't he win three premierships with Geelong?

2 as there 18-22 picked player. So yeah how does him playing in those matches specifically improve us?

Better yet I'll just get on the blower and let St Kilda know that we're trading out Blair and Goldsack because they're taking them to there next premiership having played in one after all!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pathetic you're accepting the deal and then copping out by saying "I'm not in tune with the inner workings".

You have to ask questions of the people making decisions or we'll continue to spiral down the ladder!

Bringing in Varcoe is a shit move and in no way improves us especially if we had to use money from Beams moving to do it.
So you think that by expressing my opinions on BF I'm going to get answers from the club. Seriously Scodog, I generally respect your opinions but you're way off the mark here. I'll give my opinion on things if I think it adds to the conversation but in an area where I have so little knowledge I'm not about to make some emphatic statement that says I know more than the club and its list management staff.

I personally think that we should trust Eddie more than Connors, but I'd rather the deal not be sealed, signed and delivered, so I hope Connors is right.

I saw at least two of them live, but the only one I care to remember however, is the 81 Semi for some strange reason. Admit to being lucky that day, which is unusual for the Pies. Think the draw at the Junction oval was 82' although not sure. They were always great games between the two teams, and if anything the Roys had it over the Pies in that era.
Watching a lot of Pies games (well actually any games), I've got no doubt that had T-shirt Tommy got his way with Superboot, the Pies would have another two flags in the cupboard. Gee the administration of the club back then was incompetent. About as competent as the Commission was with the Lions demise in the middle 90s'.
Draw was 1980 at the Junction Oval, Round 8

I personally think that we should trust Eddie more than Connors, but I'd rather the deal not be sealed, signed and delivered, so I hope Connors is right.

Connors doesn't make sense. On one hand he says he can't wait to get home and play alongside his bro (LOL) but then says we are still talking to other Melbourne and Interstate teams. Huh :confused:

2 as there 18-22 picked player. So yeah how does him playing in those matches specifically improve us?

Better yet I'll just get on the blower and let St Kilda know that we're trading out Blair and Goldsack because they're taking them to there next premiership having played in one after all!!
I know where you are coming from but considering the situation we could do worse. At the end of the day H does not want to stay at the club, IMO its better for us that he leaves. It's not like we have much choice in how this pans out. We can secure pick 30 or whatever Melbourne are willing to give up and bring in another kid or top up with a mature aged, experienced, premiership recycled player like Varcoe. How does that help us? Well, i hope next year when we are getting smashed by the better sides, that guys like Varcoe and Greenwood can take a few hits and not the kids who are not ready for the brutal contest.
At worst we would have lost H and Varcoe will be playing VFL, teaching kids some tricks of the trade.

This is true, but Malthouse took over a basket case side that was bottom at the time. Bucks was given slightly more to work with. Guess time will tell.

We all know that Buckley was given a team of talent but there were signs in 2011 that the players heads had grown to astronomical sizes. Malthouse would not have kept the players motivated to win another premiership any more than Buckley could. In the end, i'm happy with the cut and start again method. We are closer than St Kilda to another flag in my opinion because of the hard decisions that were made.

Just as you'd have to be delusional to expect more from a rookie coach than 2 finals appearances in 3 years in the face of significant issues around personnel.
Depends what the cattle the rookie coach was given. A perennial wooden spoon side prior to the rookie coach taking over. Two final appearances in three years equates success. If the rookie coach is handed a grand final team coming off their most successful home and away season, two out of three final appearances probably doesn't. Especially if the curve is going in the one direction. I think there is a good Dickens quote out there for this point.

Connors doesn't make sense. On one hand he says he can't wait to get home and play alongside his bro (LOL) but then says we are still talking to other Melbourne and Interstate teams. Huh :confused:
I'm hoping that means we are looking as part of the deal to send on pick 5 (+) for someone.

Wishful thinking on my behalf I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back