Defeat with dignity

Remove this Banner Ad

cakewalk06

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers to those Eagles fans who have copped it on the chin and accepted the better team on the night won... in my view it was a scrappy game with the saving grace that it was close and exciting ...

bring on geelong

thanks cakewalk!

it does hearten me to know that when we do lose we do it fighting. we'll be back next year. with a fit cousins, kerr, hansen, cox, wirrpunda, rosa...........etc etc

it also heartens me to see so many collingwood supporters give us the thumbs up as well. there have been a few who have been unsportsmanlike in their victory but their in the minority. overall, pie fans top form

Speaking of dignity, why exactly were the Eagles fans booing Buckley at the start of the match? After the massive sook they had about the dockers fans booing Judd it seems just a tad hypocritical.

Bucks always gets boo'd by opposition supporters so no surprises. If Ben Cousins was playing we would have boo'd him.

I thought many Eagles fans at the game were a disgrace following the result. Sour grapes much.

Surely nobody can be disappointed with the way our team played the last few weeks when we've had to rely on a bunch of kids. All you can ask is for them to give 100% and they all did.

Well done pies,

But after watching that, I have come to the conclusion that:
1. We suck in our current state
2. Pies deserved to win on the night too many winners over our boys
3. No matter who won tonight, by quater time I'd decided they ain't got a hope in hell of beating Geelong next week

and...oh yeh

4. This year will only make us stronger, bring on '08 ;)

Good luck against Geelong, your gunna need it...alot!

Wow, I can actually relax for 200 odd days now! :p

Until next year Victoria...we'll be back! *shakes fist*

The crowd is fickle and will boo most people who are great players committing the ultimate atrocity of not playing for the team they support. I'm sure its the same anywhere... I seem to recall Glenn Archer being booed just cause he was having a milestone game.

The crowd is fickle and will boo most people who are great players committing the ultimate atrocity of not playing for the team they support. I'm sure its the same anywhere... I seem to recall Glenn Archer being booed just cause he was having a milestone game.

Yes, that may be true. But some of your own WA boys (Chris Lewis and Nicky Winmar in particular) might have something to add to the idea that they were treated that way just because they were "great players".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers to those Eagles fans who have copped it on the chin and accepted the better team on the night won... in my view it was a scrappy game with the saving grace that it was close and exciting ...

bring on geelong

It was a scrappy game because of finals pressure.

Look at the Eagles v Swans finals and of recent years.

besides the ending it really was a crap game. Collingwood were given the golden platter at the end of teh 3rd quater when Glass and Cox were off. Silly silly silly.

Only good worth while bit to watch was the last minute of the 4th. That was just intense.

You've got to be kidding.

Collingwood had almost 30 more tackles, and still got 4 less free kicks than West Coast...

As i said is a different thread, its not how many free kicks you get, its the ones that they dont pay that cost you in the end i.e. Shaw's throw at the top of the goal square, which would have been a certain 6 points for the Weagles and correct me if i'm wrong but the scores at full time were tied

Remove this Banner Ad

Defeat with dignity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back