What's your advice to Richmond with their rebuild?

What strategy would you use?

• Strip the list - trade out all the players of worth above 25 and hit the draft heavily

• Leave the list - use the draft picks we have and keep the mature players to teach/protect

• Trade heavily - trade out players not essential to our culture/future structure and draft early

• Bring in players - over the next few years, head hunt players to fill roles, leadership and culture

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Donā€™t cry little one. You can always switch teams to a real club like Carlton and Richmond. We actually have many winning GFs in colour you can watch šŸ‘
Carlton? My advice for their rebuilding would be to purchase a VHS player off of ebay.

Carlton? My advice for their rebuilding would be to purchase a VHS player off of ebay.

Iā€™ll get you a newspaper of 80% if your flags. The bowler hats and wax curled moā€™s in the crowd looked mint back in the 20s. Fun fact they used penny-farthings to get to the game back then.

Iā€™ll get you a newspaper of 80% if your flags. The bowler hats and wax curled moā€™s in the crowd looked mint back in the 20s. Fun fact they used penny-farthings to get to the game back then.
Enjoy the wilderness :thumbsu:

You guys as well... lol
The Tiges can time the rebuild perfectly. A bunch of top draft picks this year and next, plus another likely top 3 pick in 2026. The Pies fall in a year or two will be longer and harder that the Tiges due to their aging list and Tassie diluting the draft significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tigers need to be careful in getting rid of their proven players (Shai, Baker and Rioli are exceptional players). You actually need some older bodies to protect their kids and not just go all young players etc cause we have seen that doesnt always work. The Tigers need to get their admin/back office sorted and just be patient.

The Tigers need to be careful in getting rid of their proven players (Shai, Baker and Rioli are exceptional players). You actually need some older bodies to protect their kids and not just go all young players etc cause we have seen that doesnt always work. The Tigers need to get their admin/back office sorted and just be patient.
We will definitely play hard ball with the contracted players Rioli/Bolton.

I still see those getting done especially the Rioli one because Suns are desperate & it depend on where Freo think they are at they didn't make the finals this year.

Last edited:
Likely 3 top 10 picks in this draft including #1.

Likely early picks next year.

Under no circumstances split pick 1. This whole notion of splitting pick 1 is ludicrous. Unless it's for a couple of picks between 2 - 5.

Pick some seasoned professionals that will help the kids with training standards, in game on field coaching, etc... T

It is what it is. Let's enjoy the rebuild.

What's your advice to Richmond as they rebuild?
I dunno... How about: Suck shit off your wooden spoon! šŸ¤£

Or maybe get a new cabinet for all the other wooden spoons which are headed to Tigerland if they let go of Rioli, Bolton, Baker and Graham.

It's gonna be a rough time for Richmond. There is no way to sugar-coat it.

never seen so many players wanting out of a club at the same time, not your older, last few years type, these are prime of their career guys -- i guess just its the way we are going in the AFL - such a great opportunity to rebuild for Richmond, id be taking every F1 i could get , some of the offers being talked about are absolutely nuts

Nah, everyone said the same thing about the Suns and Giants but teams (like Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney) will poach a few stars away from Tassie over the years so the league remains replenished with top-end talent.

The examples you gave are clubs who donā€™t really use the draft.

Sydney gets the academy, Collingwood has lucked out with generational father son talent, and Geelong pick random players from anywhere that seem to turn out pretty good.

Nah, everyone said the same thing about the Suns and Giants but teams (like Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney) will poach a few stars away from Tassie over the years so the league remains replenished with top-end talent.
Tassie are unlikely to get huge start-up assistance of the GC/GWS type. The league doesn't have to worry about forcing its way into a market, so there's not the incentive to piss the existing clubs off too much.
We all know the AFL does these things based on media and finance, Tas will sell out in the first year or two regardless. The risk is once the novelty factor wears off.

It looks like there is going to be a real absence of leaders in 2025. I think for success that needs to be addressed. If they gut the team too hard, and don't have natural leaders, all that youth they presumably will bring in will be directionless.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your advice to Richmond with their rebuild?

Back