Roast DeGoey Arrested in NYC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals
Please help your Pies mods by not quoting and replying to trolls, just use the report button and it will make cleaning up and removing them much easier.
Thanks.

Your refusal to acknowledge reality is your problem.
What do you mean? You made a nonsensical statement and I pointed it out. What reality have I refused to acknowledge? All I said was don't make definitive judgements until all of the facts are in. That's hardly an outrageous statement or failure to acknowledge reality.

It doesn’t matter if you would be, because the vast majority of corporate sponsors would not. Likely, many of his teammates wouldn’t be either.

Don't know about that. Within 18 months of the chopsticks incident, Dusty Martin was the hottest ticket in footy. Imagine if JDG gets 6 months prison time in the states, misses 2022 and returns in 2023 and stars in a glorious redemption story. The media would go gaga and sponsors would be all over him.

Domus I love De Goey but he is running out of credits with me.

At the same age I took copious amounts of drugs and alcohol but with my character/personality I never got into ”these” situations. Am I better than him? NO……….but everyone needs to understand their limitations mate.
I'm as annoyed as anyone by his lack of awareness but I am simply asking people to wait till the dust settles which is fair enough.

How's that playing alongside an indefinite suspension then?

The club HAS made the decision.

I support the clubs decision. It was the only reasonable outcome.

My original point was that many posters defence of fair legal process was not in any way condoning assault of any kind. If it is found that De Goey is guilty the club should and will sack him.

By all means you can scroll back and quote that in between patting your own back.

If he is found not guilty, personally I would be ok with him coming back to the club.

I wouldn't.

We have a Young List and he is not someone I would want our Younger Players hanging around with or even any player

Don't know about that. Within 18 months of the chopsticks incident, Dusty Martin was the hottest ticket in footy. Imagine if JDG gets 6 months prison time in the states, misses 2022 and returns in 2023 and stars in a glorious redemption story. The media would go gaga and sponsors would be all over him.
The difference is the police dropped the "chopsticks incident" once they got eyewitness accounts of what happened. That being the Channel 7 reporter continually goated him by referring to his dad even after he repeatedly told her to stop. No charges were laid and he never ever spent a night in jail. It was also an isolated incident. How you can compare the two is beyond ludicrous.

I support the clubs decision. It was the only reasonable outcome.

My original point was that many posters defence of fair legal process was not in any way condoning assault of any kind. If it is found that De Goey is guilty the club should and will sack him.

By all means you can scroll back and quote that in between patting your own back.
Not at all - I have been steadfast in my conviction that the charges are largely irrelevant to what should happen to him.

His actions - now twice near identically in a short period - have proven him to be either a moron or an ego maniac.

It's not an opinion all the facts are available so the only question should be is . . . has the club got the stones to act in forcing him to play VFL for a season and thereby getting something for him as an RFA???

Just get him out. Forget football this is a man who is without a moral compass and has pissed all his assistance up against the wall.
An absolute cancer who you don’t want influencing these young kids of the future

**** him off to the curb

If a club picks him up in 24 months and he has a couple of good seasons I could not care less

He is a pig and hopefully gets handed the book

I’d be stunned if a club picks him up with these types of allegations that look highly likely of being true

Stood down indefinitely whilst they are on annual leave is PR control and “tough love” from Collingwood.

If he isn’t charged with anything he will not be sacked...he will be welcomed back however the club now holds all the keys to his future and what he wants to do with his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a look at those videos and it reeks of an entitled flog who thinks he is king dick and can do whatever he wants

Sure, the guy is a repeat offender.
Yeah, the guy should be stood down under the circumstances.

But getting nasty about a bloke‘s moves on the dance floor? You’re being a tad harsh and unreasonable 🤣

Stood down indefinitely whilst they are on annual leave is PR control and “tough love” from Collingwood.

If he isn’t charged with anything he will not be sacked...he will be welcomed back however the club now holds all the keys to his future and what he wants to do with his career.
He’s assaulted a bloke who by all reports reeks the type who will press charges. He’s molested a chick in a bar, even if he pays her out and no charges the club is not standing by this dick again

If they do I’m done with the club. Sick of it

Take a look at those videos and it reeks of an entitled flog who thinks he is king dick and can do whatever he wants

A tad ironic given your avatar 🤣

The difference is the police dropped the "chopsticks incident" once they got eyewitness accounts of what happened. That being the Channel 7 reporter continually goated him by referring to his dad even after he repeatedly told her to stop. No charges were laid and he never ever spent a night in jail. It was also an isolated incident. How you can compare the two is beyond ludicrous.
It's comparable because I was talking about public perception and a player's marketability recovering after damage to their brand. Dustys image took a big hit but it recovered really quickly. If DeGoey comes back at a challenging club and stars with norm smiths it will be a massive story of redemption and recovery. Probably won't happen, but the AFL community is bloody good at forgiving and forgetting when a bloke stars on field.

He’s assaulted a bloke who by all reports reeks the type who will press charges. He’s molested a chick in a bar, even if he pays her out and no charges the club is not standing by this dick again

If they do I’m done with the club. Sick of it

See ya later then.
you don’t speak for everyone.

No charges is not a sacking for mine.

See ya later then.
you don’t speak for everyone.

No charges is not a sacking for mine.
Your in denial if you think this peanut won’t do shit like this again then

Has priors of lying to the club, has priors of this type of behavior with woman, multiple priors of drink driving, assault, etc

Ripping type of bloke to build your future around. Thank **** you aren’t in the footy department

The club has turned a blind eye to shit like this way too often. They talked about changing the culture last year. This is there chance to make a statement. And if they don’t they are just full of shit

The charges are relevant. As is the fact that the previous charge you mention was withdrawn.

As to the current situation, the facts are still very much unknown. He will face court and justice will be served.

In the event De Goey is found guilty he will be sacked and rightfully so. In the event he is found innocent the club still has a very complicated decision to make at the conclusion of this year and his current contract.

I’m not going to let my personal feelings towards Jordan and frustration at the consistency of his off field issues change my view that all involved (Jordan included) deserves a fair opportunity for the truth to come out.

Not at all - I have been steadfast in my conviction that the charges are largely irrelevant to what should happen to him.

His actions - now twice near identically in a short period - have proven him to be either a moron or an ego maniac.

It's not an opinion all the facts are available so the only question should be is . . . has the club got the stones to act in forcing him to play VFL for a season and thereby getting something for him as an RFA???

Your in denial if you think this peanut won’t do sh*t like this again then

Has priors of lying to the club, has priors of this type of behavior with woman, multiple priors of drink driving, assault, etc

Ripping type of bloke to build your future around. Thank fu** you aren’t in the footy department
The same could be said of some of our greats in modern times...Swan, Didak, Johnson, Tarrant, Shaw...

Maybe we haven’t had anyone that’s tough and respected enough like Malthouse was with this crew.

We are here to win games of football.
Not to be woke because you’re offended.

Were you signing the same tune with the above mentioned players and then sat there every week clapping like a seal when they were winning matches for us?

Has had 5 ******* chances by the club and shits in there face everytime

Anyone who thinks the club and afl for that matter should keep him on are kidding themselves

He is done
To be fair a lot of young blokes look like entitled flogs on a Saturday night on a nightclub dancefloor. You can't hang a man for that. Just as many young women look the same.

The charges are relevant. As is the fact that the previous charge you mention was withdrawn.

As to the current situation, the facts are still very much unknown. He will face court and justice will be served.

In the event De Goey is found guilty he will be sacked and rightfully so. In the event he is found innocent the club still has a very complicated decision to make at the conclusion of this year and his current contract.

I’m not going to let my personal feelings towards Jordan and frustration at the consistency of his off field issues change my view that all involved (Jordan included) deserves a fair opportunity for the truth to come out.
Well now I'll just move on to those with the English appreciation to decipher a simple statement BRAH.

It's comparable because I was talking about public perception and a player's marketability recovering after damage to their brand. Dustys image took a big hit but it recovered really quickly.
If he is found guilty, there will be no redemption story. The AFL will give him a long ban from the game. A wasted talent. I actually feel for you as supporters.
The guy has been supported by all at the club and then he does this. This is not a Collingwood thing. It is an AFL thing. They need to make sure these events do not occur by making examples of those who offend and are found guilty. Abuse of any form against any human should not be tolerated. The privileges these guys get is amazing. They must learn to earn them and not just have them for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back