Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

nope....has not re-signed yet. Was working towards a 2 year deal...but as of today, still not signed

Got hard confirmation on that or just speculating based on no announcement? Players often re-sign and nothing gets reported. To my knowledge there is no official announcement that McEvoy has re-signed - but I dare say he has if we delisted Fitzpatrick.

If Pittonet can be a serviceable ruck at AFL level then even that is a success. We were beaten in the hitouts in each of our three peat grand finals. The Bulldogs followed that by winning a premiership without a recognised ruckman and a bunch of pinch hitters. You don't need the best ruckman in the competition. Three of the best ruckman at the moment are Goldstein, and if fit Sandilands and NicNat. How many flags between them? If Pittonet can simply get the basic job done at AFL level then he's done what is needed.
Max Gawn is the best ruck in the game,and he tore us to bits. McEvoy and Hale annihilated Natinui in the 2015 grand final.

Max Gawn is the best ruck in the game,and he tore us to bits. McEvoy and Hale annihilated Natinui in the 2015 grand final.

Is that why West Coast won the hitouts? NicNat had more hitouts than McEvoy and Hale combined. McEvoy and Hale had better games overall because they went forward and posed a threat whereas Natanui was quiet outside the rucking duties.

And sure, Max Gawn is better than Goldstein according to you. Where did the Demons finish last year? Proves my point - in this day and age great ruckmen don't make you a better side.

Got hard confirmation on that or just speculating based on no announcement? Players often re-sign and nothing gets reported. To my knowledge there is no official announcement that McEvoy has re-signed - but I dare say he has if we delisted Fitzpatrick.
Was on a list today produced by the AFL noting players that were not contracted for 2017 and had not been delisted

Yet to be signed but not delisted
Ricky Henderson (Adelaide)
Kaiden Brand (Hawthorn)
Jake Barrett (Greater Western Sydney)
Tom Lonergan (Geelong)
Jarryd Blair (Collingwood)
Josh Cowan (Geelong)
Tom Downie (GWS)
Harry Dear (Adelaide)
Zac Clarke (Fremantle)
Mitch Brown (West Coast)

Was on a list today produced by the AFL noting players that were not contracted for 2017 and had not been delisted

I saw that as well, while the AFL would be in the loop on contracts - the AFL website gets it wrong so often that I am willing to believe the rumours on here over the journos on there.

I saw that as well, while the AFL would be in the loop on contracts - the AFL website gets it wrong so often that I am willing to believe the rumours on here over the journos on there.
All of that was on the back of his manager going on Trade Radio saying he was in negotiations with the Club for a 2 year deal. Not that he had signed.
This is a signature that the Club will announce.

All of that was on the back of his manager going on Trade Radio saying he was in negotiations with the Club for a 2 year deal. Not that he had signed.
This is a signature that the Club will announce.

Fair enough - have bumped his other thread to see if any of those who usually have inside word have anything on this. Strange that nothing has come out about McEvoy - would be interesting to see how many years he signed for.

Fair enough - have bumped his other thread to see if any of those who usually have inside word have anything on this. Strange that nothing has come out about McEvoy - would be interesting to see how many years he signed for.

I think a couple of weeks ago he was on the radio and said he's contracted for next year, not sure about after that though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeing as he'll be back at pre-season training on Nov 14 or 21 (I'm guessing the date for returning years 1-4) I think we'll be hearing soon enough one way or the other. Even if we don't hear well know if he's running around with the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schade is a must. Back up for if brand doesn't work out or he re-signs for 1 year then requests trade.
Still like richards and barrett if delisted

Any chance GWS could hurry the f*** up & advise who/if they're de-listing?

They've nominated 10 academy players... pretty sure that means they have to take all of them if not taken by other clubs? Might need to free up some spots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good news, but if we want him to stay he must and i mean must always be in the best 22.
Nope, that's crap.

He'll be best 22 when he deserves it, not because we want him to stay.

I doubt he will believe he should automatically be best 22 either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted free agents - sifting through the neighbor's bins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back