Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I raised him because he was unfairly a whipping boy as the team started to go backwards. We eat our own too much.

He's a triple premiership player - he played his role consistently enough and well enough to contribute to our dynasty. He had a great pressure game and strong physical attributes for someone of his size. The bloke deserves more love. Haters can gagf
GOTTA BE real, dont make him out to be anything special.

HE was quick, ran hard, and covered ground.

When it came to football other than tackling, he was bad footballer. that's the truth of it.

No need to get offended. he has medals and we have none.

He was terrible and couldn't execute a simple handball to a teammate 2-3m away without putting it on their toes, over their heads or making them break stride as it was behind their backs. I would argue MRJ is a suburban footballer, not even VFL standard. It's just annoying like the Carlton VFL game against suburban ring ins from the pub: he doesn't touch it for 3/4. Plays good in last 1/4 against hacks and his frothing fanboys are anointing him as a senior midfielder, when reality is he'll come back to preseason with a spare tyre and no reprimand.
Can not disagree with you. I have watched MRJ run around like a headless chook and cannot fathom what other fans see in him. Fat, overweight and clueless with ball in hand(which is seldom). Just can’t understand why he’s not up for delisting. It’s all in the name I suppose. His defensive game is his number 1 attribute but most times required because he didn’t/couldn’t get possession.

I do feel like I kinda maybe sorta owe Georgie Porgie an apology. Especially after watching MRJ serve up a smorgasbord of nothing in 90% of his games. I was never arsed to check Georgies stats at the time but looking at MRJ's previous 2 seasons where he averages 7 touches (3-4 effective) 1.3 marks (usually unopposed chest mark from one of the brothers looking for him) 0.4 goals & 2.4 tackles a game.

Reading so many posters rave about MRJ's performances using superlatives like phenomenal, amazing, great, brilliant I'm kinda shook up. Maybe I need to stop blinking during games or when my mates chirpy son asks me repetitive questions I shouldn't look away from the action or glance at my phone to look at stats or check other games scores as I must have terrible timing as he must weave some magic in those brief seconds I'm not watching..... as bad as Cantstandya was he could find the pill, take a grab and create his own scoring opportunities himself without fanboys heaping praise on him for delusional, imagined deeds that his surname conjured up.

MRJ has played 36 career games.

First 29 x games:
Disposals: 7.03
Goals: 0.66
Tackles: 2.52
I50: 1.24
SI: 3.14

Games 30-36:
Disposals: 10.57
Goals: 1.00
Tackles: 3.14
I50: 1.86
SI: 4.14

I thought he was a bust. His last 7 games convinced me otherwise, as they were very good for the small pressure forward role he was playing.

If he build on games 30-36, which I’m sure he will, then he will be an excellent small forward for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Needs more Cumberland

Big Head Sunglasses GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

First 29 x games:

Games 30-36:

I thought he was a bust. His last 7 games convinced me otherwise, as they were very good for the small pressure forward role he was playing.

If he build on games 30-36, which I’m sure he will, then he will be an excellent small forward for us.

Mansell has managed to turn himself into a handy small forward, he gets to plenty of spillages, it’s an area MRJ needs to work on.
Fitness is the thing holding him back.

First 29 x games:

Games 30-36:

It was very unfortunate he got injured when he did but I think he will pick up some of the slack for next year.

Nobody hates him as that’s just a childish throwaway line. George retired because he knew that the game had gone passed him and not because of haters. He actually overachieved in my opinion and God bless him for doing so.
George Castagna was the Ringo Starr of football. Incredibly lucky to be at the right place at the right time. That's not to say he didn't have his talents, but he was the ultimate role player and his deficiencies could be compensated for and covered by a dynasty team.

Fast forward to now, in a bad team, a rebuilding team, which is what we are, and even his most ardent admirers would have lost patience and begun to bay for his blood.

Although as a warm body we certainly could have used him during the worst of our injury crisis this season, he certainly retired at the right time. You think the 'hate' was ugly when we were good, imagine what it would be like now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we still have Batchelor and Steve Morris in 17 as well?

I like Morro but Geeze he was a bit of a battler towards the end
He looks like he's one of those guys who's a far better coach than he was a player.

He looks like he's one of those guys who's a far better coach than he was a player.
Something about those smaller back pocket mongrels that tend to make them decent coaches

Geeze some of those names

Ben Lemmon, Silky butterfly Ellis, Connor Mennaspew and Shaggers back Hampson
Chris Yarran as well, but he was actually delisted Nov 16 so I don't know why he's on list without a number allocated. Maybe they hadn't finalised his negotiating his pay out. Hopefully you or someone may know more.

Chris Yarran as well, but he was actually delisted Nov 16 so I don't know why he's on list without a number allocated. Maybe they hadn't finalised his negotiating his pay out. Hopefully you or someone may know more.
My memory is a little fuzzy but I have a feeling he was given the boot after the official “list lodgement” so technically he was still on our list for the year or something like that

Surely the club would be further along with sorting the list out. Surely discussions have peeviously been had on what happens if all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham leave? No way in hell they're debating Colina getting another contract and Coulthards 2 senior games for 2 effective touches TOTAL would have his papers stamped. Colina and Coulthard could've been delisted Tuesday in 10 mins. Trezise and Kaleb Smith should be easy extensions 1 or 2 years on minimum chips. Personally I'd keep Blight and they'd want to extend him sooner rather than later as he's got a gf who plays netball in WA. Miller was dreadful EOY, Gibcus and Young will be rehabbing so he's great depth and who knows with a preseason if someone can explain Yzes game plan to him he could be a player or at minimum trade currency. Personally I'd give Cumbo 1 more year preying he can regain his 2022 output. Dow Adios and McIntosh should be the only one in limbo after a week of finishing season.

1725078144612.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back