Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic RFC BigFooty board nuffy statement.

Worst player in the whole league you say?

FMD.

Based on player ratings for players with a decent amount of games played he’s basically the worst performed player in the league across 2023-24. Or we can use stats such as turnovers per disposal or clangers per disposal if you like, where’s he’s pretty much league leading. Or involvement in team scores or goals / goal assists, where for a non-backman he’s also right at the bottom.

I love what Macca did during our dynasty, he’s a very selfless player …. but he commits horrible turnovers, makes lots of basic mistakes, hatches the ball at half back every time he gets it and very rarely does his involvement in the play result in positive outcomes for the team.

Based on the independent player ratings that ignore bias and emotion and based on stats he’s pretty much the worst performed player across 2023-24. And my eye tells me he’s been very poor for a couple of years, not just ratings and stats.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dimma had a huge hand in ruining this kids development because he wanted to play Cotchin & Pickett as fwds and throw poor cumbo on a wing for an entire pre-season??? he also hurt Ross's development & and I fear Sonsie's too, both who showed promise as midfielders in their 1st years
Dimma debuted Cumbo vs Suns, as sub, late 22. For Dusty basically who didn't play for 5,6 weeks. Came on early for Lynch. Cumbo & MRJ were good, still missed a lot of shots. Castagna was worse. Still had Aarts, Lambert, Edwards on their last legs.
we lost by 2 pts.

Cumbo's final was poor. another close loss. An injured JG & Prestia in the final, they bring in Taranto & Hopper.

2023, George quit and Mansell shoved up fwd with Bolton, MRJ Graham, & Taranto & Hopper and an in form. Dusty came into form. They want pressure fwds, and Cumbo aint that.

Cumbo under Dimma, Mini & Yze had Green, Bolton, Dusty, MRJ, Campbell up fwd. 3 coaches haven't rated Cumbo.

The right result in my view. Cumberland just hasn't got the polish. Coulthard not AFL standard. Good luck to them both. I imagine the McIntosh stays for depth but I hope he plays in another role. Either down back or up forward. Collina, gee they must rate him and we need Ruck depth. As for Dow he has ball winning ability but needs to lift his work rate.
Cumberland has talent but from all reports and looking at the way he played... was like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Unable to adhere to team structures.
Just wanted to play on instinct - which is fine if you're an absolute champion and he was far from that.

Has Dow survived then?

Dow will be one of our few remaining players in the 23-28 age bracket and one of our most senior midfielders once Prestia retires. FWIW it’s crucial to at least retain players in that age bracket to ensure we don’t revolve into Norf while our draftees develop
I defended the retention of Dow many times on this forum but after this season I have to admit that he got a fair opportunity to show what he had to offer and he didn’t offer enough. I admit I overestimated him Would prefer to give Cumberland a run in this midfield than keep Dow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently..
good with Macca, we need the senior depth.
The Dow is the puzzling decision.
What does Kmac offer as a senior depth player apart from age. We have multiple kids who can play wing and need game time but with Kmac on the list he will probably get picked ahead of them. Dumb decision.

Just proves he hasn’t for the mind set the cut it as a professional sportsperson

Every single player, especially at the start of their career if they don’t perform they will potentially get dropped if he’s still struggling to deal with that 5 years on a list he’s never going to make it
He was third behind Dusty and Bolton to play the x factor forward. No wonder he didn’t get many games. Seems funny to keep him all this time and now dump him just as Dusty and Bolton leave. We will probably get a really good small forward in the draft but seems unlikely that a kid will be able to step straight into the side. Seems funny to keep kmac and Dow as depth and dump Cumberland

The fact Dow and McIntosh are kept shows how bad this list truly is. They're waste of list spots.

Truly dark times looking at another 1-2 win season. They need to nail the draft.

You can’t delist half the senior squad. They’re going to fill spots for next year and then we’ll go from there

I have no problem those two staying on the list. It’ll help us with picks next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back