Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

100 k for playing ressies?!

Rookies would be getting 40-50K, and senior listed players would be under 100..

Shit, what a good life.

Those figures might even be generous. My understanding was a rookie listed player will get around 30-40K. A senior listed draftee 50K-80K depending on where they were drafted.

I wouldn't say Thornton is mediocre.

Can someone tell me why clubs sometimes drop a player, only to re-draft them weeks later? Is there a reason behind it?

Surely we'll pick Thornton up again:confused:
Yes, clubs are required to pick, at a minimum 3 players in the national draft to ensure turnover on a club's list and give the incoming group a chance of getting draft. (although from what others have posted here, this can now be 2 picks and a rooke elevation.)

So a club may have to delist a player but re-draft him because the club believes that player is of better value than an unknown kid, just like we did with Monty (in 2004 I believe?)

I wouldn't say Thornton is mediocre.

Can someone tell me why clubs sometimes drop a player, only to re-draft them weeks later? Is there a reason behind it?

Surely we'll pick Thornton up again:confused:

There were a lot of excellent (apparantly) NSW Scholarship players elevated ONLY at the last minute first lodgement. What if StKilda or Geelong had not decided to elevate but rather delist them ?

What if a another young underrated bloke fell through the cracks didn't sign and went into PSD at last minute? Only Josh Carr and Johnston did but what if an ideal fell out?

Swans may (probably) already have given more definite committment to who they intend to newly rookie... so they don't seek other options.

If Swans don't have an extra pick or two option then they aren't even in with a chance!

Also can send a "try harder you are borderline" message to some. It helped blokes like Luff and Kirk to work hard over preseason or year off to show their determination!;)

Just maybe? (no facts) Thornton needs a year out of the system no pressure to get his injury prone body right? I don't think other clubs are not likely to rookie Bruce being an ACT lad .. he probably prefers to stay in this state? Who knows why they picked ON them ???

Here's an article about Lachlan Keefe in the VFL, and it specifically mentions his unusual uprbringing

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/NewsFeatures/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsId=66383

My apologies Grim. I was wrong about him not being allowed to play.

However it just doesn't make any logical sense.

An AFL club signs a player who qualifies because he hasn't played club football for 3 years. But before the player becomes an official AFL rookie listed player, he is allowed to play for that club's affiliated VFL club side. Thereby playing club football ,before he is 'drafted' under a rule stating he can only be 'drafted' because he hasn't played club football. :confused:

Just goes to show the need to read the rules.

An example being us not playing Currie in the TAC cup, when he was completing his schooling in Melbourne, because we thought it wasn't allowed. Yet Adelaide turn around and arrange for Dangerfield to do exactly that this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back