Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7m5mwIP.gif

My effort.

3 times now I've seen Atley put in a questionable effort. He's either really lazy or really soft.

It was against Richmond. I'll have a bit of a look to see what I can find, but hopefully someone else already knows when it was roughly.
I'm not sure if AFL.com have upload the 2nd half of that game yet (was the only half from that night that AFL didn't upload), but it's about 5 or so minutes into the half. Ziebell is awarded a free kick in the centre, Cunnington takes the advantage, handballs, turnover, Richmond player picks up the ball backward of centre and bombs it to the right forward flank (top of screen). Atley is on the wing, runs back with the flight, just as the ball is nearing the drop he slows up, allowing the Richmond player to take possession from the bounce. He then puts in an average tackle attempt, Richmond go forward and kick a behind.

With his pace, he could've easily got to the fall of the ball in time. He kept his eyes on the ball the whole way but when push came to shove he backed off, and was worried out of going at it at 100%. He was too scared to fully commit.

EDIT: Nope, AFL.com still haven't uploaded video of the 2nd half of Rich vs Nrth. It's not listed in their NAB Cup replays section, at least.

Amusing as it is, the point remains that picking on a kid you've never even met is the domain of small men.

It's more just ammunition to fire back at our North friends for their friendly advice to Hep last year.

With his pace, he could've easily got to the fall of the ball in time. He kept his eyes on the ball the whole way but when push came to shove he backed off, and was worried out of going at it at 100%. He was too scared to fully commit.

Essendon supporters appear to be experts in identifying when someone "squibs".

I wonder why that is?

(If Atley does that in a game for premiership points, I'll be livid)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how you took this from the North board rather than the AFL or Polls board. Face it, we're in your head.

Get help or maybe get a membership. :thumbsu:

I'm not 100% on whether I, or another represent the biggest sledgehammer the Essendon board has to offer - but I am sure of this.

The fact that we respond to the trollish, obsessive behaviour of several North posters doesn't mean we give the slightest shit about you.

Several of us have gone on record explaining the difference between a Carlton (my god the hate) or Hawthorn (such a worthy adversary) and you.

You absolute peasants. You exist on the league we create. You are essentially a nothing side. We could replace you with some random side, and the league would be exactly the same. Would be nothing like the void or loss that the Hawks or Blues would be to the game.

I'm not 100% on whether I, or another represent the biggest sledgehammer the Essendon board has to offer - but I am sure of this.

The fact that we respond to the trollish, obsessive behaviour of several North posters doesn't mean we give the slightest shit about you.

I accept this from you, Jade. I can't remember you ever posting on the North board and rarely on the main board about North topics. I reckon there are three types of Essendon posters:

1. Honestly don't give a shit about North and ignore us - yourself, Kong;

2. Those who believe there is a rivalry - Lance, Doss;

3. Those who say they don't care but still get upset by us - The Prosecutor.

The Prosecutor reminds me of those moralising wowsers who go out of their way to find little things to be upset about. He is one the most frequent opposition posters on our board, and I always have a tissue ready for him when DOP starts a thread. Then, despite dismissing us as "trolls" he runs over here for validation like earlier today. If he gets his material from the main board then fine, that's neutral territory where you shouldn't have to put up with rubbish. But to go to the board of a club he apparently doesn't care for to find things to cry about? Soft and a little bizarre.

You absolute peasants. You exist on the league we create. You are essentially a nothing side. We could replace you with some random side, and the league would be exactly the same. Would be nothing like the void or loss that the Hawks or Blues would be to the game.

Except it wouldn't be the same. You're basically saying Essendon supporters put equal or more time into discussing the Gold Coast to North. Which club, both on and away from Bigfooty, do you spend more time thinking about?

By the way, we peasants last won the flag in 1999. Yours was 2000. There are now three generations who know no difference between North and Essendon, and the similarities are striking: just the two AFL flags, belted in recent finals, lack of star power, poor facilities (although it's safe to say ours are a little better). I'd be getting my skates on if I were you. The AFL can't have big clubs like the Bombers slumming it with "nothing" clubs like North. It's just not good for the game.

In a few discussions I've had regarding Heppell with Mufassa, apparently NO ONE has ever been documented shirking contests twice and thus Heppell deserves the crap he gets.
his logic is if its not on youtube it doesnt count. so far the nab cup has produced 2 GIFs of Atleys soft efforts. by this rate he could have at least 15 by the end of the year. thats not including the qualifying final where he cost his team a goal

Except it wouldn't be the same. You're basically saying Essendon supporters put equal or more time into discussing the Gold Coast to North. Which club, both on and away from Bigfooty, do you spend more time thinking about?
Funnily enough, Gold Coast. The likes of Ablett and Bennell are exciting to watch.

It's more just ammunition to fire back at our North friends for their friendly advice to Hep last year.
I guess I just don't see the point. Sit back and watch Heppell mature into the classy midfielder anyone who isn't blinded by bitterness and envy can clearly see he's becoming, and leave Teffy and his ilk to wallow in their own irrelevance.

I guess I just don't see the point. Sit back and watch Heppell mature into the classy midfielder anyone who isn't blinded by bitterness and envy can clearly see he's becoming, and leave Teffy and his ilk to wallow in their own irrelevance.

I've never participated in the Heppell-Atley shitfight and see no need to start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back