Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Leunberger - Seems to be an injury plagued player - And a bit over-rated for what he has produced so far. Expect Brisbane to get 10-11 wins. 2014 is when they will be pushing for the finals.

How is he overrated?

He is a high draft pick who is entering his seventh season. Has suffered from injury which has hindered his development, but hasn't shown signs of dominating games. Being a ruckman he has tim,e but he needs to step forward this season. As a point of comparison, T-Bell is entering his 6th season and has shown more. And Gumby went in the same draft and has shown as much as Leunberger.

He is a high draft pick who is entering his seventh season. Has suffered from injury which has hindered his development, but hasn't shown signs of dominating games. Being a ruckman he has tim,e but he needs to step forward this season. As a point of comparison, T-Bell is entering his 6th season and has shown more. And Gumby went in the same draft and has shown as much as Leunberger.

There's the delusion you were looking for. I think it's fair to say Leuenberger dominated games in 2011. He was very much one of the elite ruckmen in that year.

What is weird is the decision to recruit Longer at pick 5 a couple of years back. They'll be in an awkward position in 12-24 months when Longer is ready to demand the #1 role. No doubt they'll say that one of them can play forward but it just can't work. My bet is either one of them fails or one of them gets traded. The other funny thing was seeing Grundy, a player held in higher regard than Longer, slide so far in the most recent draft (a sign of things to come with ruckmen IMO). No matter how promising Longer looks, I think they ****ed that one up.

Disagree with BtG about Rockliff being Brisbane's best player (also pretty sure he didn't have OP last year). Rich has him covered and is one of the more underrated players going around IMO.

There's the delusion you were looking for. I think it's fair to say Leuenberger dominated games in 2011. He was very much one of the elite ruckmen in that year.

What is weird is the decision to recruit Longer at pick 5 a couple of years back. They'll be in an awkward position in 12-24 months when Longer is ready to demand the #1 role. No doubt they'll say that one of them can play forward but it just can't work. My bet is either one of them fails or one of them gets traded. The other funny thing was seeing Grundy, a player held in higher regard than Longer, slide so far in the most recent draft (a sign of things to come with ruckmen IMO). No matter how promising Longer looks, I think they screwed that one up.

Disagree with BtG about Rockliff being Brisbane's best player (also pretty sure he didn't have OP last year). Rich has him covered and is one of the more underrated players going around IMO.

Leunberger finished 6th in the B and F in 2011 - One top 10 finish in 6 years. Think Ryder has two top 10 finishes in the B and f in 7 years - And Ryder is a top 10 ruck, not a top 5 ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leunberger finished 6th in the B and F in 2011 - One top 10 finish in 6 years. Think Ryder has two top 10 finishes in the B and f in 7 years - And Ryder is a top 10 ruck, not a top 5 ruck.

When were we ever talking about Ryder? You said Bellchambers had shown more and Gumby had shown the same.

FWIW Ryder and Leuenberger are on a par IMO.

When were we ever talking about Ryder? You said Bellchambers had shown more and Gumby had shown the same.

FWIW Ryder and Leuenberger are on a par IMO.

I don't particularly rate Ryder, but he has shown more than Leunberger.

I think Rich will probably get him this year. Only way he won't is if Rockliff steps up as well. Agree that he's definitely underrated.

That doesn't explain why he's overrated. All you've told me is that he's had injuries and hasn't dominated games.

Being overrated would mean he's considered in the upper echelon of ruckman, which he isn't.

I think Rich will probably get him this year. Only way he won't is if Rockliff steps up as well. Agree that he's definitely underrated.
Id actually argue for Redden in this debate. Severely underrated player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back