Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that even reddit is united against the corn, some good reading from neutrals in here

*Dishonorable mention to the * supporter comments about "giving norf relevance" like we don't live rent free in their heads.

I checked Reddit.

1 comment out of 105.

Dedicates a whole paragraph to highlight it.

North living rent free.

Funny GIF

"Conor Nash has been one of the best midfielders in the league this year, what an insane career revival"

Apparently a guy averaging around 20 disposals per game (mostly handballs) at the bottom team is one of the best midfielders in the league.....according to the Hawks autopsy board and with 50 likes too. Scraping the barrel for small 'victories' over there.

"Conor Nash has been one of the best midfielders in the league this year, what an insane career revival"

Apparently a guy averaging around 20 disposals per game (mostly handballs) at the bottom team is one of the best midfielders in the league.....according to the Hawks autopsy board and with 50 likes too. Scraping the barrel for small 'victories' over there.
Who the fook is “Conor Nash”

Not so much delusional but a enjoyable read to start a Saturday morning.

Slept badly last night, tossed and turned, woke up 4am and just can’t go back to sleep again. This season has just gutted me.
It’s not that we lost last night that bothers me, it’s what this club has slowly become the last 22 years that sticks in my craw.
We are soft. It has been woven into our fabric, into our culture and not even an exorcism will not remove it.
Sadly we needed a Ross Lyon but we chose our “principals” over winning. To be fair I’m not sure Ross the Boss would have made a difference either. This club simply now has the ability to “Carltonise” anyone who comes through its doors.

Was so looking forward to this season but let’s be honest we have not played well all year except maybe against a terrible Geelong who would carve us up now.

Cripps, Walsh, McKay (in front of goal), Weitering, Hewett to name a few are well down on any semblance of 2022 form. Our youngsters have not kicked on, our small forwards frankly are all a joke, our decision making and quick movement of the footy non existent. Our ball movement to our twin towers or just into our forward line is the worst in the league. We literally allow the opposition to set up every time we move forward and the. Just bomb it in to then watch it come out. Dont even go to scoring from wretched turn overs! The utter magnitude of gifting goals to the opposition last night was excruciating.

Was watching the game with my brother in law, a Hawks supporter, almost punched him in the head when he said at three quarter time, yeah I find it frustrating too as I’m going through the same thing watching Hawthorne at the minute. I just looked at him and told him where to go. Him and his club have been there for 10 minutes, I have been there for 22 years!

Never, ever did I think my beloved Blues from my childhood would descend into such utter mediocrity. What just destroys me is other clubs just constantly leap frog us from behind with what we think is a terrible list. WE HAVE THE LIST! So why are we this was up?????

Who is to blame? I really do not know. In the end I can only think it’s the fabric of the club. We have turned ourselves over the last 22 years into St Kilda, perennial losers. Our players turn up for a paycheck and are simply not prepared to go that extra inch for success let alone mile.

We have lost what made this club great and I fear we will never find it again.

Shame on all of you for making this club the wretched pile of shite it has become.

Best jumper in the league and so few who wear it today honestly deserve to wear it. No pride in wearing it. No one wanting to stand up and lead from the front. Too many passengers and too many frightened little boys cowering under their sheets thinking there is a monster in their closet.

What infuriates me is it was Doc’s 150 and this is what the boys served up for him. The few that played well I thank you for Doc, the rest take a hard look at yourselves.

Wish I knew how to fix things but the problems are just too big. We have built slowly, patiently and assembled a list that could challenge but won’t simply because it lacks the fundamentals courage, discipline and mongrel.

This team with arguably the best spine in the league is simply a bunch of campaigning, show boating, soft utensil losers who have zero desire to become football gods.

All the talent, none of the drive.

Sad but true. I accept it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except we're not the ones constantly deluding ourselves every year that we have a top 4 list despite not playing finals for a decade.
It’s pretty impressive to have a Brownlow medallist, two Coleman medallists, AAs at CHB, 2xHBF and another AA midfielder and still not make the 8

Last edited:
Norfies are coping well

Someone needs to tell Russell Jackson, do you understand the world doesn’t revolve around you, and your ‘do whatever it takes’, ruin as many people’s lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigative journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigative journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back