Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

re: JOM

I am happy with what I have seen of JOM so far. I am also happy with how the club has handled him.

At this stage, I am content with the exchange of draft picks that resulted in his arrival at the club. If we were finishing top four I would have been elated, but I still think he is worth a top 5 and two round 2 draft picks.

When he was 16, he was the best young talent in the land. He was a standout Rising Star winner. That kind of talent doesn't just disappear overnight. By the way, he had groin surgery the year before winning the NAB Rising Star, so he has a history of coming back well from surgery.

I am confident that he will be in the top 5 players in our club for 8+ years at the very least.

If the things go well, he could even be in top 5 players in the league for a fair part of the rest of his career.

The upper bounds of his potential is possibly GOAT, which is plenty to bleat about.

GOAT you say?

tumblr_mpe54zOcNi1qdlh1io1_250.gif

I don't think he will ever get to his pre-injury potential based on what I've seen of him at Hawthorn.
All jokes aside, I agree. One of the great pleasures in any sport is seeing the real elite talent (not that Luke Darcy level elite shyte) plying their trade at their peak. JOM looked to be one of those but his body looks to have robbed him of fulfilling his potential and hence denying the league, and by extension all footy followers, something special.

Have to nominate myself for saying Vickery would be better at the Hawks.

Should be giving myself an upper cut.

delusional-300x236.png

I don't think he will ever get to his pre-injury potential based on what I've seen of him at Hawthorn.

Agree and it was my biggest concern when we where looking at him.

Have to nominate myself for saying Vickery would be better at the Hawks.

Should be giving myself an upper cut.

delusional-300x236.png

I'm sure you made that assumption on the hawks being a good side, you just didn't predict the hawks to be complete shyte. I'd still say vickery would be better if he was in a good side. He could help a top side that has stars everywhere but missing that 2nd big boy up forward. He's not going to be better/ help a team that's got more holes thana sieve.

To be politically correct, I'd say O'Meara appears athletically challenged. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a cripple.

(As an aside, 'cripple' is actually a fantastic word that has received a bad rap for far too long. 'Cripple'. 'Crip ple'. Such a strong, focused word.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure you made that assumption on the hawks being a good side, you just didn't predict the hawks to be complete shyte. I'd still say vickery would be better if he was in a good side. He could help a top side that has stars everywhere but missing that 2nd big boy up forward. He's not going to be better/ help a team that's got more holes thana sieve.

Actually i did not think the Hawks would be a force. Thought maybe bottom of the 8 at best.
Probably makes it worse.

"I think the actual deal with O'Meara was ok.

It's the deal that we did to get pick #10 which is the shit one and that was going to be shit for us even if we won the flag."

EVEN IF THEY WON THE FLAG!!!!!!

To be politically correct, I'd say O'Meara appears athletically challenged. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a cripple.

(As an aside, 'cripple' is actually a fantastic word that has received a bad rap for far too long. 'Cripple'. 'Crip ple'. Such a strong, focused word.)
Good woody word.

How good is this!

So...* get another "blockbuster" game - the "country" game vs. Geelong.

Further proof of the irredeemable corruptness of the AFL.

This Hawks genius who thinks we were handed a blockbuster is an excellent example of the attitude of many people!

Apparently the AFL have "given" us the Country game blockbuster. And therefore, the AFL is corrupt because they didn't, presumably, give it to Hawthorne or some other more deserving, less cheating club.

Isn't that wonderful?

He/she doesn't recognise that all "country round" is, in fact, is just our normal game against Geelong, turned into a blockbuster by dint of a good idea, some innovative thinking and marketing, and plain hard work.

Instead of recognising that blockbusters aren't actually all reliant on just Easter Monday's or Good Friday's, all this bozo sees is the finished product and thinks it's not fair it isn't handed to his club!

Isn't that amazing?

He no doubt thinks it's not fair that the AFL handed us Dreamtime at the G and why shouldn't all clubs get to play the Dreamtime match instead of just taking part in Indigenous Round and reaping the rewards from that.

If and when Country Round goes competition wide he'll no doubt be fuming that his club only gets to reap the rewards from that instead of getting to play in the big Country Round match on Saturday night at the G!

Isn't that just precious?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back