Demons set to plunder the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

We got rid of Beaumont & now we are getting rid of Houlihan? Please someone tell me this is not just a beautiful dream?
It wouldnt suprise me if he left he never did have a heart!

PS I do hope Houlihan stays not becuase I want him but becuase Pagan could have got rid of him last year but he didn't, he gave him a go and he want on to have his best year.

Just what Melbourne needs, another gutless receiver.

Are you guys going for the five softest players in the comp or something?

You all can bag Melbourne as much as you want for being soft" but who are you people to say that? I'd like to see you guys get out there and do any better.Even Cameron Hunter could probably kick your arses.:D

Would you call any of the following players soft?:

David Neitz
Simon Godfrey
Nathan Carroll
Matthew Whelan
Peter Walsh
Brad Miller
Colin Sylvia
Brock McLean
Alistair Nicholson
James McDonald
Guy Rigoni
Chris Lamb
Mark Jamar
Darren Jolly
Clint Bizzell
Scott Thompson
Adam Fisher
Nick Smith

the Demons are adding some impressive talent

obviously Superstar and Bogan Blue are a tad scared at about the rebirth of the Demons

Originally posted by Yze_Magic

obviously Superstar and Bogan Blue are a tad scared at about the rebirth of the Demons

Let's set the record straight for once and for all, no-one is remotely scared about the Demons !!

A list of decent players who go hot and cold from season to season. A fairweather supporter base who swing hot and cold in their allegiance to the club from game to game. An administration that changes every 2-3 years after showing public disunity & resoting to backroom brawls.

Need I go on ?????

You forgot to mention that the Demons breached the salary cap and their outgoing president is as well loved by members as Jack Elliott. Oh, and the last time they lost to Carlton, young Brock McLean was playing in the Under 13's.

And you also forgot to mention that their own supporters voted to put them out of existence in 1996! Absolutely pitiful!

As for those players listed, there would be five I owuld not call soft, and none I would label as tough.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic

That is rubbish and you know it ?

Melbourne would have taken Walker instead of Sylvia if he were available and you know it, and Brock Mclean probably wouldn't have been picked in the top 10 anyway.
Daniher is a crap coach, and basically you have no backline.

Carlton will finish streets ahead of Range Rovers next year.

Originally posted by superstar
And you also forgot to mention that their own supporters voted to put them out of existence in 1996! Absolutely pitiful!

As for those players listed, there would be five I owuld not call soft, and none I would label as tough.

Neitz I would probably rate in that category (tough)

but agree about the rest.

Hardness is not exactly a trait that opposition supporters would credit the demons at the moment.

(and neither would consistency - though next year is an even numbered year so who can tell :) )

Originally posted by dees_best
You all can bag Melbourne as much as you want for being soft" but who are you people to say that? I'd like to see you guys get out there and do any better.Even Cameron Hunter could probably kick your arses.:D

Would you call any of the following players soft?:

David Neitz
Simon Godfrey
Nathan Carroll
Matthew Whelan
Peter Walsh
Brad Miller
Colin Sylvia
Brock McLean
Alistair Nicholson
James McDonald
Guy Rigoni
Chris Lamb
Mark Jamar
Darren Jolly
Clint Bizzell
Scott Thompson
Adam Fisher
Nick Smith

You must be struggling to list 2 18 year old that you picked up on Sat and you probably have never seen play. Also Lamb, Jamar, Fisher, Smith, Walsh, Miller, Rigoni, are more Reserve then senior players.

Originally posted by TheSheik
Let's set the record straight for once and for all, no-one is remotely scared about the Demons !!

A list of decent players who go hot and cold from season to season. A fairweather supporter base who swing hot and cold in their allegiance to the club from game to game. An administration that changes every 2-3 years after showing public disunity & resoting to backroom brawls.

Need I go on ?????

You forgot 3 years of $1.5mil+ losses.
Good luck to Melbourne if they convince Houlihan to cross over. Dont think I would want somebody who's that stupid to stay at the club! If he even thinks they won't be asking the team for a paycut in the next 2 years he is dumber then even Neitz
Somehow I feel that like Stevens, Solomon, Rawlings etc etc, the thought of playing for Melbourne is repulsive to Houlihan and he will sign. If any other team had Pick 3 I would be concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by lamby29
Either way, he had McLean in his Top 2.

He said it was lineball with Cooney and McLean, but he may have gone for McLean as he had a 'big backside'.

Bit of a worry that lot down at Collingwood!

Seriously though you'd think they would've been interested in Schmidt if they're that way inclined. I reckon he'd go close to winning the 'arse of the Draft' award.

So which 6 would you call soft?

David Neitz
Simon Godfrey
Brad Miller
Nick Smith
Darren Jolly
Clint Bizzell
Scott Thompson
Matthew Whelan
Peter Walsh
Colin Sylvia
Brock McLean

Originally posted by Broadbridge_20
So which 6 would you call soft?

David Neitz
Simon Godfrey
Brad Miller
Nick Smith
Darren Jolly
Clint Bizzell
Scott Thompson
Matthew Whelan
Peter Walsh
Colin Sylvia
Brock McLean

Sylvia & McLean are untried in the AFL so take them off the list.

Walsh is a goer, always liked him, Neitz is a bull in a china shop, no argument there either. Bizzell never shirks an issue either.

That leaves Godfrey, Miller, Smith, Jolly, Thompson & Whelan. Now even though Jolly is a big galoot, I don't think he is as tough as old boots. Smith is only in his second year and as yet hasn't shown it.

By my calcualtions, that takes at least four off your list !!

HAHAHAHAHA!!

YOU ABSOLUTE TOTAL MORON!!

GET SOME FACTS B4 YOU TALK, THEY WERE PROXY VOTES, MEANING THEY WERE BY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, AND THEIR SUPPORTERS, IDIOT!!!!!!!!

We do have some soft players, bu we are rectifying that, and we are re-building, and we still have list capable of making the 8, and we'll just see what happens, and you can eat you words..

Originally posted by chiliboy
HAHAHAHAHA!!

YOU ABSOLUTE TOTAL MORON!!

GET SOME FACTS B4 YOU TALK, THEY WERE PROXY VOTES, MEANING THEY WERE BY MEMBERS OF THE BOARD, AND THEIR SUPPORTERS, IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Face it, your "club" were desperate to merge with the hawks.

Our members told you where to shove it.

Originally posted by TheSheik
Sylvia & McLean are untried in the AFL so take them off the list.

Walsh is a goer, always liked him, Neitz is a bull in a china shop, no argument there either. Bizzell never shirks an issue either.

That leaves Godfrey, Miller, Smith, Jolly, Thompson & Whelan. Now even though Jolly is a big galoot, I don't think he is as tough as old boots. Smith is only in his second year and as yet hasn't shown it.

By my calcualtions, that takes at least four off your list !!

There are not many bigger, more physical ruckmen going around than Darren Jolly. I struggle to name one actually, especially one so young.

To consider calling Godfrey, Miller, Thompson or Whelan soft is pure ignorance.

Nathan Brown is one that dees_best left out and one you can add to your list, and hopefully we take Phil Read over Ryan Houlihan.

McDonald, Ward, Rigoni, Jamar, Vardy, Carroll, Holland, Robertson, Nicholson and Fisher are on the harder end of the scale.

Smith, McLean and Sylvia fair enough are untried, but you could hardly call them soft.

By my calculations that's a list of more than 5 players who don't fit into the "soft" category.

It's Jeff White, Chris Heffernan, Brad Green and to a lesser extent Travis Johnstone who are giving the rest of the group a bad name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons set to plunder the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back