Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
South Dragons
Denton in doubt for Friday's clash
By KEN PIESSE

Fast bowler Gerard Denton is in doubt for Friday's Pura Cup clash against South Australia in Melbourne.

Victorian coach Greg Shipperd says Denton would rest for several days in the hope that he could take his place.

"He's a little sore after Sydney (with a shin problem). We just have to monitor things," said Shipperd. "Micky Lewis is the same. But we're expecting he'll be okay."

Lewis has deep bruising in his big toe but is hoping to play.

"Yeah I think I'm going to be allright. It has come along quickly in the last couple of days," he said.

The Vics will welcome back Brad Hodge after he played in Friday's one-day game against England in Brisbane.

Im really hoping if these guys dont play Wise is given a go coming back from injury he took 4 for yesterday. I really rate him highly.
Hopefully McKay is fit again too and can have another game. If we can get our guys fit we certainly have options to cover these sort of injuries.

Denton in doubt for Friday's clash
By KEN PIESSE

Fast bowler Gerard Denton is in doubt for Friday's Pura Cup clash against South Australia in Melbourne.

Victorian coach Greg Shipperd says Denton would rest for several days in the hope that he could take his place.

"He's a little sore after Sydney (with a shin problem). We just have to monitor things," said Shipperd. "Micky Lewis is the same. But we're expecting he'll be okay."

Lewis has deep bruising in his big toe but is hoping to play.

"Yeah I think I'm going to be allright. It has come along quickly in the last couple of days," he said.

The Vics will welcome back Brad Hodge after he played in Friday's one-day game against England in Brisbane.

It's always a huge loss to lose a Tasmanian. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we should go in like this

Jewell
Klinger
Hodge
Hussey
Blizzard
Mcdonald
Crossy
Mckain or warne
Lewis
Denton
Harwood

Warne, eh? That's very interesting.

Bryce McGain did well against NSW, I expect him to retain his place.

If Denton doesn't play, either McKay if he's fit or Wise if they ever give him another game.

I think Mick Lewis will be fit enough to play, Hodge back in certaintly strengthens the top order. Vics should win by plenty, and plenty more

Warne, eh? That's very interesting.

Bryce McGain did well against NSW, I expect him to retain his place.

If Denton doesn't play, either McKay if he's fit or Wise if they ever give him another game.

I think Mick Lewis will be fit enough to play, Hodge back in certaintly strengthens the top order. Vics should win by plenty, and plenty more

I think Marantelli from North Melbourne would have to be next cab off the rank. His form has been impeccable and you'd be hard pressed to find a bowler in this great state of ours that bowls a better line and length. I'm sure Shippy will be giving him the call up any day.

I think Marantelli from North Melbourne would have to be next cab off the rank. His form has been impeccable and you'd be hard pressed to find a bowler in this great state of ours that bowls a better line and length. I'm sure Shippy will be giving him the call up any day.

You sound like an astute judge of cricketing talents Candy. I used to play with Chris Marantelli at Essendon and we were devastated to lose him and his stain of a brother. Since his move to the Roos, his already promising career has burgeoned into the premier bowler in the district ranks with 24 wickets at 21.5 this year on the back of 30+ wickets the previous season. The Vics would be foolish not to include him in their tilt at Pura Cup glory. His missus is a tremendous sort also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Denton and Lewis in doubt vs SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back