Analysis Der-Wayne Russell is a Port man or a Gigantic C*ckbiscuit - Analysis

Der-Waye Russell is

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne lays it all bare in today's Monopoly Mail. He tells the world that Port is clearly the no2 team in SA. Although Russell's assessment of a one year window of opportunity is flawed he does pose some valid questions. As an example he asks,

'Does Port Adelaide return to being the passion and blood fuelled club built on a foundation of respect for it's history respect for it's soul, and respect from it's fans?
Or does the Club keep steadily morphing into this new, invented brand and franchise that pays fake lip service to it's history by dumping traditions and wearing jumpers like the grey "V" that means nothing to anyone other than those trying to invent a new future image. '

Cockbiscuit or not I think Dwayne Russell has that bit right. The question is does David Koch have the slightest idea what those words are about? Sadly I think not as I think Koch and his Board are too busy wallowing in the warm glow engendered by 'making the community proud' to worry about the feelings of Members.

it is interesting that Russell has reached the same conclusion that many of us have. That is Hinkley has twelve months to get it right or he is gone.
D'Wayne says that Ports' supporters should hang tight because we could be the best AFL team in SA next year. Wow, that is really something to aspire to. :rolleyes:

He has "reached the same conclusion as many" because Hinkley himself has indicated that if we don't make finals next season he doesn't trigger the third year in his contract extension.

D'Wayne says that Ports' supporters should hang tight because we could be the best AFL team in SA next year. Wow, that is really something to aspire to. :rolleyes:

We're the best team in SA already. Doesn't stop us from being shite.

Dwayne lays it all bare in today's Monopoly Mail. He tells the world that Port is clearly the no2 team in SA. Although Russell's assessment of a one year window of opportunity is flawed he does pose some valid questions. As an example he asks,

'Does Port Adelaide return to being the passion and blood fuelled club built on a foundation of respect for it's history respect for it's soul, and respect from it's fans?
Or does the Club keep steadily morphing into this new, invented brand and franchise that pays fake lip service to it's history by dumping traditions and wearing jumpers like the grey "V" that means nothing to anyone other than those trying to invent a new future image. '

Cockbiscuit or not I think Dwayne Russell has that bit right. The question is does David Koch have the slightest idea what those words are about? Sadly I think not as I think Koch and his Board are too busy wallowing in the warm glow engendered by 'making the community proud' to worry about the feelings of Members.

it is interesting that Russell has reached the same conclusion that many of us have. That is Hinkley has twelve months to get it right or he is gone.

Anywhere else in the world, in any other league, a team that has as much success as Port have had, in a city shared with at least one other team that hasn't had as much success, is often viewed as the number one team.
But not in this ass to front state of ours.

Apparently the blood role has a quantitative component to it now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We should already be the #1 side in SA considering the lack of success and annual lols our cross town rivals experience.

It's our patented knack of shitting the bed and falling to ever more hilarious lows which needs addressing. Zero point even looking outside our four walls until this is fixed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're the best team in SA already. Doesn't stop us from being s**t.
We've been the best team in SA for the last two seasons in fact. Current Golden Fruchoc Trophy holder with no sign of relinquishing the glory any time soon. It's why everything about the club feels so positive and optimistic at the moment. We exist to be a little tiny bit better than the crows... sometimes

That's actually a good call.

I agree 100%.

We have already missed the opportunity though.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have a second chance here to get on top, but it won't be as much of a break as we could have gotten post 2014. Everyone's second team, Crows shit, the move to AO just done. Christ if we hadn't shat the bed in 2015 - 2018, then good odds by this year we'd have been pulling bigger crowds then them. It's enough to make you weep.

Gigantic C*ckbiscuit,

Our traditions are the pillars that hold up this Club. They do not stand in the way of any meaningful progress. One pillar was pointlessly destroyed last year, for zero gain, and this made things unstable. If you and others like you continue destroying these pillars eventually the whole shabang will topple over.

So shut your f@&king mouth.

Kind regards,

Pappa

Gigantic C*ckbiscuit,

Our traditions are the pillars that hold up this Club. They do not stand in the way of any meaningful progress. One pillar was pointlessly destroyed last year, for zero gain, and this made things unstable. If you and others like you continue destroying these pillars eventually the whole shabang will topple over.

So shut your f@&king mouth.

Kind regards,

Pappa

Derwayne is Clark W

Back