Derby clarification

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
According to Todays Sunday Times the 1st derby will be a Freo home game in round six next season. My recollection is that the home team for the 1st derby alternates. The first derby this year was our home game, so the 1st derby next year should be an eagles home game? Not that it makes much difference but IIRC that's the way it has happened to date?

According to the article there will also be another preseason derby. Fixtures for the home and away season will be released on Tuesday.

That was my understanding as well, but with round 1 being an away game, strong indications would be that round 6 will be a home game (pretty sure the paper mentioned it was a dockers home game also)

So it looks like our fixtures to start the season are-
rd1- Hawks in Tassie
rd2- ? at Subi
rd3- away- probably at AAMI since we travel there twice and MCG unavailable
rd4- ? at Subi
rd5- Saints in Tassie
rd6- home derby
rd7- away- either Telstra dome or GABBA.

If these are correct then it could be a very tough start to the season, depending on who we play at home in rounds 2 and 4. One of those 2 home games will probably be against a side that finished in the 8 last season. It should also mean that we end the season with rounds 20, 21 and 22 at Subi. We better get an 8 day break between the Tassie game and the derby!

Yes round six is our home derby with the away derby to be round 21. Which is good because it means our last game of the home and away season will be home whichw e havent had in a while. Personally i think that if we had a home game in the lsat weekof the season this year i think our season might of gone for another week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Derby clarification

Remove this Banner Ad

Back