Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast board greatest hits

“Typical Fremantle flogs. Don't worry Harley reid will make Fremantle his bitch when all said and done.

They aren't used to good looking masculine on the edge players like Ben cousins and Harley reid. The closet they had was Nat fyfe who all intensive purposes does not scream manly”

If this is pulling the piss, it’s hilarious. If it’s not, even better.
Haha, intensive purposes. Tells you all you need to know.

I rematched the derby and there are several instances where Reid cheap shots Serong and Brayshaw as they walk past. The umpire even had a word to him about it. He got a good as he gave. He wouldve been cheered at a west coast home game.

The one closest to me at the game was when he tried to rough up Sharp on the wing after Sharp marked it. Chapman came in and started a push and shove. Then Reid starting mouthing off at the crowd. Then as the play unfolded we moved it forward and Reid stood around doing nothing as Sharp ran past him to get the ball again. Didn't amount to much, but very poor effort from Reid.

Early in the 4th, he shoved Brayshaw over again and then started whinging to the umpires again. Stood around doing nothing while his opponent Fyfe got the ball through to Emmett who rolled one through from 50.

One thing about his cheap shots and whinging is it takes his energy and concentration away and then he gets exposed for lack of effort. I hope he keeps doing it.

Reckon Yeo had the shits with him big time after the one he gave away to Switta. Which was not "two guys holding each other ... play on" like that nimrod Schofield said on the replay I watched last night. Reid just hurled Switta to the ground. Crowd was screaming for a free kick it was so obvious.

Tom Cole? Is that his first ever vote?

We should be embarassed unless Scofield did it for a laugh.

Freo has 3 players in the top 20 now, Brayshaw's 8 puts him into 13th.
I'll put my hand up for being a bit worried about Brayshaw after last season and the start of this one.

However, man, is he a pro. I now reckon his form is better than what it was in 22. He's more rounded, more attacking, but has lost none of his defensive, two-way running capability.

He always seems to be in the thick of our rampant, up the guts handballing rebound chains from the half back line.

I'll put my hand up for being a bit worried about Brayshaw after last season and the start of this one.

However, man, is he a pro. I now reckon his form is better than what it was in 22. He's more rounded, more attacking, but has lost none of his defensive, two-way running capability.

He always seems to be in the thick of our rampant, up the guts handballing rebound chains from the half back line.
He's the no 1 score involvement player in the league over the last 6 weeks and no 6 for the season.

Just like Reece Conca used to be...

Where did you find this stat?

I'd love to shove it sideways up a few acquaintances but can't find anything showing him that high on the list.

This might help

Last five matches the top two players for score involvements:
Brayshaw 9.0
Serong 8.6

Also, Goal assist number 1:
Hayden Young 2.6

West Coast board greatest hits

“Typical Fremantle flogs. Don't worry Harley reid will make Fremantle his bitch when all said and done.

They aren't used to good looking masculine on the edge players like Ben cousins and Harley reid. The closet they had was Nat fyfe who all intensive purposes does not scream manly”

If this is pulling the piss, it’s hilarious. If it’s not, even better.
Apart from the obvious shriek of homoeroticism, I'd love if it this was copy and paste because there is a rather telling parapraxis in there. Trust a bloke banging on about manliness to have a closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was one of the rounds that the AFL left until later to see how clubs were going.Had Essendon been out of the running back when announced, the game would have been at MArvel. But with Essendon still in the running they get preference.Maybe, hopefully a free kick for Fremantle.
Game has been at the MCG since the draw came out

I assume your referring to Timeslots being locked in late. And us getting the 3:20 National FTA game.

Venues don't change once the draw gets released in November.

I re-watched the game because I couldn't see it all whilst at work.

I thought West Coast played like their lives depended on it, brought the heat early which is just what Freo needed really, bruised-up footy, and when they couldn't sustain it - we were ready to pounce AKA the 3rd quarter. Some of the movement out of stoppage traffic was hngggggggggg! What was it, 11 goals to 2 after halftime?! That IS mental! Serong's game right now is bordering on walking on water type territory. Absolutely insane.

What I'm loving is that we are finding diverse avenues to goal, not just a Pav or handful of "big game players", the team is humming with goals flowing. The forward line after sooooo long is starting to look dangerous, Amiss/Treacy and Jackson are such mobile and capable talls and we know Jackson is already a premiership player - I don't think this is his best season as yet, BUT he is a big game player capable of turning the screws. Maybe he's saving the best til last..?!

Mids too starting to chip in and players regularly snaring 2s/3s/4s, bits of bags here & there. 2 weeks in a row of 17 goals. Noiceeeee!

Freo's focus on going into the gym, getting fitter; getting stronger in the pre-season, men on a mission to make amends for a disappointing 2023.......really starting to see that pay dividends now. Those spins out of traffic and then just launching torpedo-handballs forward is becoming the stuff of wet dreams! Very hard to defend against, rapid white-water rafting footy...............wow! When you look at Walker, Wagner, Clark and even Sharp when he gets back attacking at speed off halfback you start to feel strange things happening in your trouser pants. Form, at the right time can be a critical factor for those that can rise to the top, rise to the challenge when the contenders are starting to emerge. Have you got what it takes? Can you handle the mental challenge of the game when expectations grow?! No question the talent is there, is it too 'immature' to handle the next step..........right now?! I don't think so.

Really starting to get a bit too hyped now, hard to keep ANY form of a lid on. Gawd damns!! I'm trying my best, I really am.....temptations are EVERYWHERE! I feel like going to the confession box! "Father....please forgive me, it's been 20 minutes since I last sinned..."!

Things are bordering on sexual. Might have to consider sitting here typing without any clothes on

I think he wasn’t being played as much inside earlier in the year when we were still trying to get the mix right. I hope he works on his kicking and kicking for goal when he has opportunities to do so.

His gut running two way and 1%ers are elite and lift his teammates massively.

Also, his connection with Serong is another huge plus.

Can’t be,
Reid got 3 with Treacy. 2 each to Treacy & Kelly.

Means Jlo had to give votes to either Reid or Kelly.
Pretty sure he singled out Kelly in his presser (after being asked about Reid) so wouldn’t surprise me if he went with Kelly. I think the fact that Reid gave away that free kick in front of goal in the 3rd would have caused JL to think twice on giving him votes.

Yep, he is a lot better player when both knees are working instead of one.

Pretty sure he singled out Kelly in his presser (after being asked about Reid) so wouldn’t surprise me if he went with Kelly. I think the fact that Reid gave away that free kick in front of goal in the 3rd would have caused JL to think twice on giving him votes.
I thought he might have given him votes for helping Freo win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back