Destiny and Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Just had a debate with a friend of mine tonight on the subject of astrology and all that strange psychic stuff.

She claims a psychic was able to predict many of the events in her life. I find it hard to fathom that destiny or fate control us in any form. I still, however read the star signs every Sunday. Most of the time they are wrong.

Does fate control or lives, or is it just a load of nonsense made up by weirdos looking to earn a buck through psychic hotlines?? Should we really belive in the stars and them planning out or life for us?

Sometimes it's easy to believe in fate when a series of events lead up to where you are at this point.

But really it's just a bunch of stuff that happened.

I don't believe in most clairvoyants (although there is a lot of unexplained stuff out there) most are just a rip off. My ex went to a supposedly well renowned clairvoyant who told her we would be together forever and own a house by the beach. We broke up 7 years ago, cop that. :D

The other week a mate did this tarot reading thing. Think it was a lover's one so about your relationship and ohmygod it was so bad what was said and some things probably true :eek: makes me mad now :mad: but i wonder had i picked up the other cards they probably would have seemed so true as well because im sure all of them are written cleverly to suit most circumstances.

I am sometimes astonished at the level of intelligence of humans, computers, cures for diseases etc - then I see things like horoscopes and 'Crossing Over with John Edward' and it undoes it all.

Originally posted by Desredandwhite
Most of them are so vague that most people look at the predictions and go "gasp! hyperventilate! that's EXACTLY correct!!"

The sad truth is that most people are unable to admit just how similar they are to other people.

And they're also so vague that if you read the horoscopes for the other 11 star signs, chances are most of them will be "exactly correct" too.

Unless these short little paragraphs can tell you specifics... you will win Tattslotto today, Britney Spears will knock on your door offering a blowie, you will get hit by a train, etc etc... they are vague enough to apply to just about anyone's day to day life.

i guess i do kinda believe in fate... but i also believe we make our own fate.
and i very much believe in karma.

other than that, i dont really believe you can have your future read... there are ssoooo many choices in life that have such huge influences on your future that you couldnt possibly have it all set out and ready for you to be able to have it read.

I wonder if it like momma said....that we are floating on the breeze, kinda accidental like......or is it like Luietenant Dan says, that we each have a destiny... maybe it's both.

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Destiny and Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back