Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Level 22+ players here? I want to do the daily challenge, but it's near impossible without a powerful as **** team. Need to be at least level 22, but higher would be preferable. I need those 3 Strange Coins badly!

If you haven't even unlocked the PvP part yet, you really haven't given it much of a chance. Keep going. By the sounds of it, you wouldn't have even passed what was in the beta yet.

True, I am going to put some more time into it over the weekend, but regardless this game is still a disappointment of epic proportions.

Thankfully I have until Tuesday to make a final decision whether to return it or not to EB.

Its going to really shit me if they release new planets but only as paid DLC. As others had said I'll feel robbed if in order to get more story line missions I need to pay more. The problem is too many people out there will still buy it, thus making my refusal to purchase completely pointless with no impact. This is one of those situations where we need the majority of consumers to not pay extra and the industry would be forced to change.

True, I am going to put some more time into it over the weekend, but regardless this game is still a disappointment of epic proportions.

Thankfully I have until Tuesday to make a final decision whether to return it or not to EB.

I heard someone say EB were refusing to do trade-ins because it was an online game, which obviously sounds like absolute horse ****, but you might want to double check.

I heard someone say EB were refusing to do trade-ins because it was an online game, which obviously sounds like absolute horse ****, but you might want to double check.

No they have a 7 day refund policy on the game. I haven't used the Vanguard DLC codes.

So the general vibe is Halo/Borderlands hybrid without any 'life'? Bit disappointing.

Pretty much.

Giant Bomb is the first real credible review so far. Jeff G gave it 60%, from what I have seen I would expect most credible reviews to give it a 6 or a 7.

From what I have seen so far, if you play it alone it's pretty average, but playing with friends is fun. I think thats what they intended too.

Always find this to be a bit of a cop out to be honest, most games (most things in life really) are more fun when shared/played with others. I've played through and enjoyed some fairly average titles merely because they had co-op.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the general vibe is Halo/Borderlands hybrid without any 'life'? Bit disappointing.
Since when did Borderlands have life? Its one of the most lifeless games over the last 10 years.

Destiny is packed with life, online life. It's not so much of a cop out when you realize all the other players (guardians) are part of the story & the fabric of the world.

As for the reviews, almost all the 'average' ones are criticizing it for 'not living up to the hype', which is horseshit and a massive cop out; reviewers are supposed to review games on their merits, not on what they expect.

It doesnt live up to the hype, but its still a bloody fun game that's well worth the $$$.

Since when did Borderlands have life? Its one of the most lifeless games over the last 10 years.

As for the reviews, almost all the 'average' ones are criticizing it for 'not living up to the hype', which is horseshit and a massive cop out; reviewers are supposed to review games on their merits, not on what they expect.

It doesnt live up to the hype, but its still a bloody fun game that's well worth the $$$.

Don't necessarily disagree with you on Borderlands, but that is what is getting thrown around.

Just read Jeff Gerstmann's review and his issue seems to be that it's just a very hollow and repetitive experience. Seems pretty merit-based to me. As does the plethora of comments on the review saying 'Yep, pretty much!'. :p

I had my donuts at first but I just feel like people are hating on this game because it seems like the popular thing to do

I missed the beta and just bought it on Tuesday, I formed my opinion before even knowing that others didn't like it.

Each to their own, but considering Bungie's past history with Halo, plus the mammoth budget on this game, it's an epic disappointment.

Level 7 so go play some PvP and get put in with level 20's, yep it just doesn't work because it's soooooo unbalanced.

Don't necessarily disagree with you on Borderlands, but that is what is getting thrown around.

Just read Jeff Gerstmann's review and his issue seems to be that it's just a very hollow and repetitive experience. Seems pretty merit-based to me. As does the plethora of comments on the review saying 'Yep, pretty much!'. :p
Repetitive? Sure. Hollow? Absolutely not.

Giant Bomb gave InFamous Second Son an 8/10, a game that's infinitely more repetitive & stale than Destiny is.

Even if you're playing some of the same missions on higher difficulty, there's a load of depth within the gameplay & you often find yourself playing the missions differently.

Also, as with all MMOs, there's a long growing process. Destiny might be a little bare bones now, but down the track, it's going to be enormous.

Last edited:

**** the reviews just play the game and make up your own mind.

I'm finding it to be heaps of fun, looks gorgeous and it plays well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back