Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Bananas

Queensland's greatest love machine
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
23 year old midfielder who gets good numbers at VFL level but can't crack the Lions senior side with Neale, Dunkley, Will Ashcroft, McCluggage and Berry ahead of him, and Levi Ashcroft joining next year. Probably looks for an opportunity elsewhere.

West Coast are the obvious suitor given he's from Perth, Darren Glass' nephew and West Coast don't have a great midfield yet. However, I wonder if clubs that don't have a lot of players in the 22-25 age range might be interested in him. Could Richmond make a play for him as someone to protect their younger bodies in the midfield next year?

23 year old midfielder who gets good numbers at VFL level but can't crack the Lions senior side with Neale, Dunkley, Will Ashcroft, McCluggage and Berry ahead of him, and Levi Ashcroft joining next year. Probably looks for an opportunity elsewhere.

West Coast are the obvious suitor given he's from Perth, Darren Glass' nephew and West Coast don't have a great midfield yet. However, I wonder if clubs that don't have a lot of players in the 22-25 age range might be interested in him. Could Richmond make a play for him as someone to protect their younger bodies in the midfield next year?
I'm hoping WC would pass.
He had his chance last year.

What do you think his worth is?

He has been mentioned in the media this year. Fox Footy has him as someone that may request a trade as well.

1723776662089.png

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

If you don't like the discussion, you don't have to read it, let alone post in it.

No need to go bananas old chap.

Just having a laugh as we did this entire excersise 12 months ago.

BTW I am interested in any player movements especially to the Eagles.

And I do actually rate Dev as a decent role player who could add something to the Eagles.

And now would cost even less than 12 months ago.

Sounds like a big turnover about to happen so spots will be available.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can happen to inside mids, who can't play else where.

If he is to move, he needs a midfield role. Eagles would be a good spot for him to land.

Can see Dev becoming our next Mark Hutchings semi defensive / run with midfielder.

He has the pace and the aptitude to play that role and free up the mids such as Yeo, Ried, Kelly, Hewett and our 1st rounder this year.

Peatling would also add good midfield depth around that 23 year old mark.

A bullet dodged given we were offering a 4 year deal on okay money

I think he burnt a few bridges at the Eagles with the way he conducted himself. I doubt he is welcome back in that sense. From a Eagles point of view id say Jack Graham is the guy they have said we will move onto instead of Robertson. You wouldnt take both Graham and Robertson if you were Eagles

Im happy with neither myself but dont think the club will go that path and Graham is the one we are all in on

I'm shocked that staying at the Lions wasn't the better choice for him.
Supposedly only stayed after docs administered an epi-pen to his Mrs at the B&F after an allergic reaction through some misguided sense of loyalty.

Turned down a 4-year offer at WCE to stay at Lions on 2.

Even Fagan was surprised.

cant blame a bloke for wanting to stay at a team where hed just played in a grand final and presumably backed himself in to stay in the side

had the wrist issue all preseason and just never got going this year. seems a good character so i hope he goes well wherever he ends up landing.

Swap of fourths. Lions need the list spaces by the sounds of it.

Eagles need inside mids but according to Gettable sounds like they have had contact with Carroll, Graham and maybe even Garcia (who may have already signed with the Dogs). Plus sounds like we are trying to get Peatling but a few are in that race.

I can see us trying to bring in 3 of those and I’m not against it. A real position of need and all in the right age bracket. Dev might have burnt that bridge though but who knows with a new list manager

Peatling
Garcia
Graham
Dev/Carroll is how i reckon they would rank them.

Last edited:
cant blame a bloke for wanting to stay at a team where hed just played in a grand final and presumably backed himself in to stay in the side

had the wrist issue all preseason and just never got going this year. seems a good character so i hope he goes well wherever he ends up landing.
I remember on TradeRadio that when they asked your list manager about Dev Robertson staying, even he was surprised Dev turned us down to stay at Brisbane

It probably didnt bode well for his future in hindsight

I remember on TradeRadio that when they asked your list manager about Dev Robertson staying, even he was surprised Dev turned us down to stay at Brisbane

It probably didnt bode well for his future in hindsight

Dev knew he was on the fringe. And he played in the grand final last year.

Not inconceivable the Lions make the GF again.

Concussion protocol, a suspension and a couple of injuries and Dev could be playing in his 2nd GF in two years. And end up a premiership player.

He who dares wins.

Eagles will still be interested.

Supposedly only stayed after docs administered an epi-pen to his Mrs at the B&F after an allergic reaction through some misguided sense of loyalty.

Turned down a 4-year offer at WCE to stay at Lions on 2.

Even Fagan was surprised.
Just to clarify this, his Mrs didn't have an allergic via misguided sense of loyalty.

It was probably more likely the seafood she's allergic to.

Dev knew he was on the fringe. And he played in the grand final last year.

Not inconceivable the Lions make the GF again.

Concussion protocol, a suspension and a couple of injuries and Dev could be playing in his 2nd GF in two years. And end up a premiership player.

He who dares wins.

Eagles will still be interested.
I think he has drifted til 30 odd spot on the list. He will need a ton of injuries to occur to get in. He wasnt getting a game when Will Ashcroft was playing for example and so its going to take a lot for him to get in now Wills back and firing. Reville/Brain too his spot and then Lohmann/Morris have come in and taken forward opportunities too

Its only going to get worse next year when Levi joins the ranks and then Coleman, Doedee, McCarthy come back to provide depth in other areas and give him less of a chance to fill in any flank positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back