Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

If we dont get Shiel i think we would be into him.Does he dominate,at lower levels though? I get how hard it would be to get a game in Brissyys midfield
He does dominate at VFL level, gets leather poisoning, Dev made the official VFL team of the year this season, needs to work on his disposal by foot.

VFL Team of the Year

FB:
Tom Highmore, Nathan Cooper, Luke Parks
HB: Rory Atkins, Aaron Francis, Ben Jepson
C: Saad El Hawli, Tom Murphy, George Grey
HF: Jack Watkins, Liam McMahon, Mitch Hardie
FF: Boyd Woodcock, Billy Gowers, Matt Johnson
FO: Nick Bryan, Jarryd Lyons, Dom Brew (c)
I/C: Riley Bice, Jacob Dawson, Flynn Gentile, Jack Henderson, Ned Moyle, Deven Robertson

He does dominate at VFL level, gets leather poisoning, Dev made the official VFL team of the year this season, needs to work on his disposal by foot.

VFL Team of the Year

FB:
Tom Highmore, Nathan Cooper, Luke Parks
HB: Rory Atkins, Aaron Francis, Ben Jepson
C: Saad El Hawli, Tom Murphy, George Grey
HF: Jack Watkins, Liam McMahon, Mitch Hardie
FF: Boyd Woodcock, Billy Gowers, Matt Johnson
FO: Nick Bryan, Jarryd Lyons, Dom Brew (c)
I/C: Riley Bice, Jacob Dawson, Flynn Gentile, Jack Henderson, Ned Moyle, Deven Robertson
Barely

Pretty wild how very few AFL listed players make that team overall

Not really. If you play well in the VFL you generally get picked to play AFL instead, odd exception like Hardie who plays the full year in the 2s. Any line ball call for the team of the year they would pick the VFL listed player for optics.

The VFL has become a really poor competition. I think it is damning that like 2/3 of that team were players that failed at AFL level. Not a lot of fresh blood coming through the VFL.

Inside Trading

DEVEN ROBERTSON
Robertson has told Brisbane that he wants to explore his options during this year's Trade Period, having been limited to just two senior games in 2024. The inside midfielder drew significant interest from West Coast last year, albeit under a different list management team, but elected to stay at the Lions on a two-year deal. The Eagles have monitored Robertson again, but are yet to bite, while a couple of Victorian clubs also had some passing interest during the season. The likelihood is that Robertson will stay at Brisbane in 2025, where he is contracted, but a move elsewhere could still eventuate late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back