Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

From a players perspective you would be more inclined to chase success short term term over a longer contract that would be in a developing side. Sure 4 years is great but at the time when he signed he was starting / cusp of a formidable side.

Footy is about moments and if it had paid off this season, he could have been a premiership player instead of having an early trip to Bali.

He still is a great midfielder who will have to wait his chance, but inevitably it would be best in another side.

Dev still has to be still in front of Lashcroft and Marshall, who as great as they sound are still kids not yet proven in the AFL.

Many teams would be interested in his services.
From a player's perspective, you should really be looking to bank an extra $1 million out of your career, because the average length is 4 years.

They asked about him. Brisbane wanted too much (or clearly more than any other club was willing to pay)

He's out of contract next year and we'll do this dance again most likely

I’m not doubting you but how do you know the Eagles asked about him? More importantly, do you know if they made an offer and what it was?

I’m not doubting you but how do you know the Eagles asked about him? More importantly, do you know if they made an offer and what it was?

Our paper (up to you how reliable that is) said we offered pick 73

It's a little unclear whether we went cold or Brissy didn't accept

Link to the pay walled article:

I have no issue with people saying perhaps Dev would have been better served to take the Eagles offer last season but I don’t understand the subtext to the discussion on this trade period that we’ve somehow done the wrong thing by Dev…it’s not like Dunkley, McRae or Daniher where they’ve asked for trades for multiple seasons…he chose to sign with us a year ago, had an injury-interrupted season in 24 and then we said we want him but we’re happy for him to explore his options too…where have we done the wrong thing? Literally…can someone explain the saltiness?

Our paper (up to you how reliable that is) said we offered pick 73

It's a little unclear whether we went cold or Brissy didn't accept

Link to the pay walled article:

Thank you…I appreciate you sharing that because I hadn’t seen that…do you know if they were willing to take on 100% of Dev’s salary in that offer?

I have no issue with people saying perhaps Dev would have been better served to take the Eagles offer last season but I don’t understand the subtext to the discussion on this trade period that we’ve somehow done the wrong thing by Dev…it’s not like Dunkley, McRae or Daniher where they’ve asked for trades for multiple seasons…he chose to sign with us a year ago, had an injury-interrupted season in 24 and then we said we want him but we’re happy for him to explore his options too…where have we done the wrong thing? Literally…can someone explain the saltiness?

Admittedly haven't read the whole thread, but not sure anyone (reasonable) thinks that at all

Brissy has to do what's right by them and Dev signed the contract. Most are thinking his manager must be advising him terribly, nothing at all against Brissy

I just don't think he's worth all that much but if Brisbane want him for depth that's entirely their choice

Thank you…I appreciate you sharing that because I hadn’t seen that…do you know if they were willing to take on 100% of Dev’s salary in that offer?

Have no idea but I'd guess yes given we just traded out Barrass and Darling (who were both on big money) and were willing to take Dev last year on a longer contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back