Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Devon was willing to play firc$400-500k we wouldn't be having this conversation on the trade board.

I'm just going off what GWS offered him previously which was reportedly a 2 year ~500k a year contract.

If he wants more than that than it just further cements he wont be going to Richmond of all places.

I'm just going off what GWS offered him previously which was reportedly a 2 year ~500k a year contract.

If he wants more than that than it just further cements he wont be going to Richmond of all places.
Fair enough
I think it's higher though. Our poster who does know suggests his last contract was overs. We needed him to take a paycut this time and hence he 's on the market as a consequence.

Richmond have a spare $400k - 500k a year to get Smith? Very much doubt it.

According to most people following the trade period Richmond do not have a lot to work with Cap wise, coming off a GF win with bonuses etc paid out. unless of course they trade existing players etc.
Just got rid of Morris 3 year 350k deal plus no longer have to pay the 500k for deledio at gws. Hunt signed end of 2015 for 2 years and would have been on 300k. Yarran now officially off the book to which was costing us 550k a year. Money isn’t an issue currently I assure you

Fair enough
I think it's higher though. Our poster who does know suggests his last contract was overs. We needed him to take a paycut this time and hence he 's on the market as a consequence.

Yep, probably is why hes asking out of GWS. i'd say its within the 550k - 650k region.

Id be very surprised if Tigers had cap space for him.

Yep, probably is why hes asking out of GWS. i'd say its within the 550k - 650k region.

Id be very surprised if Tigers had cap space for him.
I think you guys have the inside running anyway. The opening gambits were a fair way apart, that's a little worrying but it's early days.
I think high end of your range but we'll never know publicly. It would be naive to think his discussions with clubs didn't involve money. It's not everything, I'm sure the club system was a factor, but obviously the Bombers have indicated they can and will pay him adequately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got rid of Morris 3 year 350k deal plus no longer have to pay the 500k for deledio at gws. Hunt signed end of 2015 for 2 years and would have been on 300k. Yarran now officially off the book to which was costing us 550k a year. Money isn’t an issue currently I assure you

If you actually were paying Hunt and Morris 300k+, your list management team are idiots

If you actually were paying Hunt and Morris 300k+, your list management team are idiots
Morris signed at the end of 2014 when he was stil 22 and decent. Hunt had a good 2015 but yeah bad decision. Our list management has changed significantly since

Devon Smith

Carlton's facilities "meh"
Essendon's facilities "wow I'm sold contact my manager and get me to Essendon Dodoro"

:p
Problem with Footscray,Carlton,collingwoods facilities is that expansion is very limited. We have plenty of space to continue to build and grow to stay ahead of the competition.

Problem with Footscray,Carlton,collingwoods facilities is that expansion is very limited. We have plenty of space to continue to build and grow to stay ahead of the competition.
You could bulid the worlds best 'supplement' room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back