Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that the bombers think they can offload Colyer for a 2nd rounder. And then use that for Smith! Dreamers or just think the footy world is dumb enough to go for it?

Where is this being reported?

Michael Gleeson said:
Gleeson expects West Coast and Fremantle to be interested in the 26-year-old former Claremont player, despite it being believed the Eagles would prefer to go to the draft with their current picks and not play a big part in the trade period.

He believes that the Bombers would demand a second round selection for the Western Australian native, and would then on-trade that pick to the GWS Giants for Smith.

Michael Gleeson is Essendon :drunk:

Love that the bombers think they can offload Colyer for a 2nd rounder. And then use that for Smith! Dreamers or just think the footy world is dumb enough to go for it?

If we got a second rounder for Colyer, Dodoro would have a yearly festival named after him held by Bombers supporters. Dodorofest.

Surely we are not offering 500+

it was reported he was offered 500k a year over 2 years at GWS and turned it down.

Not sure whether it was a length thing or money thing but i would assume we would be offering between 550-600k a year for him.

it was reported he was offered 500k a year over 2 years at GWS and turned it down.

Not sure whether it was a length thing or money thing but i would assume we would be offering between 550-600k a year for him.
Pretty clear it was money. He repeatedly said he wanted to stay and club said it wants him stay. He's not a bullshitter as I read him, and was on more last contract. I think he's going because his new contract has less dollars than his old one, and the outcome wasn't sure until Kelly signed.
Cant believe he would then go for anthying less than $600k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting if true, given all they have to flash around are top 10 picks. Maybe something the mooted trade of pick 8 for picks 12 + 19 from the Lions with pick 19 on-traded to GWS? I still can't see GWS going for pick 28 that has been floated a bunch of times by Lloyd and the likes.

Interesting if true, given all they have to flash around are top 10 picks. Maybe something the mooted trade of pick 8 for picks 12 + 19 from the Lions with pick 19 on-traded to GWS? I still can't see GWS going for pick 28 that has been floated a bunch of times by Lloyd and the likes.
Jez we'd do well with that

Essendon cant get both Saad and Smith, i hope we told them to get serious or piss off.
It's day 2. A deal will get done. For all three players. Your attitude will not have been reflected by whoever your list manager is.

If I was negotiating I'd be a but miffed that Stringer with all his issues might be their focus as well. An appropriate time to bring other parties into the discussion. Dont know what's being said privately of course
My assumption is when 1st rounder was stated on day one by the club that was what was meant.

It's day 2. A deal will get done. For all three players. Your attitude will not have been reflected by whoever your list manager is.
Hopefully and probably a deal for Smith gets done, better he gets where he wants to go. Not at any price though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back